Flower Girl

Flowers, Tattoos and Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

“Is that the last of them?”

 

Bending her back slightly, Hyejin felt her spine loosen up after all that heavy stress of unloading boxes. She was happy everything was here, yet she was tired and felt like making coffee and relaxing despite how the place was far from finished. “Yeah, that’s everything.”

 

Moonbyul sagged on the couch beside her, sharing the same tired expression as her friend as she took off her cap and ran her hand through her hair. “Good, phew. I could use a rest.”

 

“As much as I’d like that too, our work here isn’t done yet unnie,” Hyejin said. “But it’s great, isn’t it? I’d never thought I’d get a place as good as this.”

 

It was true, the place was large with big windows and walls decorated in red and different designs, prior made to suit the interior design Hyejin had wanted. There were spaces for different stations, corners for magazines and other useful spaces for useful upgrades. The walls would soon be decorated with neon lights, tattoo designs and frames. It was a big refresher moving from her old, shabby building into this new one—and it benefited her since her apartment was right upstairs.

 

Moonbyul had been working with her since day one and had been the person who’d suggested the move into a much more popular side of town. Hyejin had her inks carefully stowed in one of the boxes, and it ached her to stop herself from using them right away.

 

“I didn’t think it would be this great either,” Moonbyul admitted. “We even have neighbours this time. I think it’s funny that a tattoo parlour is directly six feet beside a flower shop, don't you think?”

 

She’d almost forgotten the girl she waved at earlier who bumped into another person (probably one of her workers) before Byul mentioned the shop next door. She glanced out of her window and saw the shop “Wheein’s Flowers.” Hyejin recalled the surprised look on the girl’s face and wondered if she did something wrong to have her scurry off like that. Still, she couldn’t deny that the girl was cute despite the clumsiness of her first impression. She wondered whether she should introduce herself as their new neighbour but she didn’t want to seem too forward.

 

Just as she was about to suggest it, there was a knock on the door.

 

The two friends exchanged a glance before Hyejin went to unlock it, revealing two girls: one with chestnut coloured hair holding a bouquet and another one behind her with pink hair and a gift bag. Both were wearing aprons and polite smiles. Hwasa recognised them to be the same women she saw next door; the same girl she witnessed who ran off now in front of her, smiling sheepishly with a slight pink tinge to her cheeks.

 

“Hello.” Hyejin greeted herself first, with a polite bow.

 

The women outside bowed and the pink-haired girl spoke first. “Hi, we’re your neighbours from t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter