Chapter 5 - The Laundromat's secret

The Laundromat at the Corner of the Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As expected, Solar wasn’t able to catch any sleep due to what Wheein said. What did she mean?

To tell her about what? Was Byul keeping something from her?

 

She felt stupid to care so much about it, it’s not like Moonbyul was obligated to tell her about something she didn’t want to say. She probably had a good reason. And, even though Solar didn’t like to think like that, the two of them were just two people that had met in a Laundromat. Their conversations only lasted for a good 30 minutes, lately 40, but it’s not like they ever met up somewhere other than at the Laundromat. For all she knew Moonbyul could even be a serial killer, not that she’d be able to kill someone with those noodle arms of her though.

Solar realized that she was over exaggerating of course. Byul had always answered every question she asked, it was like they had nothing to hide from each other. Even in this short time Solar was sure that they weren’t just friends. Or well, she felt like that at least. Friends just didn’t seem to be the right word for the both of them. Instead of friends she felt like they were more like.. Sisters Soulmates?

She felt herself blushing as she said that word. Maybe she should just ask Moonbyul about it.

 

This was what kept Solar up every night, as the scene of Wheein standing there saying those words with that sad look in her eyes replayed every time she tried to close her eyes.

 

Soon Sunday arrived, the day Solar would ask Moonbyul what Wheein meant.

She slowly walked towards the Laundromat, careful of not being seen by anyone since she didn’t want to get mistaken as a hobo again, and tried to tell her heart to calm down as she got closer and closer to the corner of the street. As soon as she saw Moonbyul sitting on one of the high stools playing with her fingers she let out a high yelp, quickly stepping back and resting her back against the wall of the house next to the Laundromat.

 

She had to ask her.

 

Solar pushed the door open and looked up at Moonbyul, who was smiling at her as she entered.

“Sorry for my friends, they can be quite.. Overwhelming.”

 

“Ah, no, it’s okay, they’re fun.” Solar said, trying to sound normal even though she felt incredibly nervous. Byul probably noticed the nervousness in her voice, but decided not to say anything about it.

 

“..Yongsun are you just going to keep standing there or do your laundry?”

@#*!<$é Right, good job Solar.

 

As she was quickly putting her laundry in the machine she felt Moonbyul’s eyes glued to her back. Even though she really wanted to ask her she couldn’t bring herself to do it, every time she tried to bring out a word it just got stuck in the back of . Right when she finally gathered all the courage she could and opened to say something, Moonbyul said something.

“Is there something on your mind?” She asked.

 

“What? N-No, it’s just, I,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter