Chapter 2 - Guessing

The Laundromat at the Corner of the Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Apparently water doesn't just dry up when you throw some cloths on it and wait for a while.

Solar sadly only found that out once she entered her apartment and saw that her private pool was still there. As she walked past the washing machine the thing suddenly started spraying water around again, right in her face to be specific.

She had to get rid of it as soon as possible. At this point she was already thinking of inviting her friends over for a pool party, she always wanted to have one anyways. But how exactly will she bring it downstairs?

 

The normal answer would be: The elevator. I mean, pretty much every complex has one right? Well, you're right in a way. Sadly it's also very common that even though there's an elevator, they're pretty much always "Not in use". Solar had to bring it down by using the stairs.

She quickly wiped the wet floor with the clothes that were also soaked so not that useful, still not giving up on the idea that it will eventually dry on itself. Afterwards, she unplugged the washing machine, made the hall free for the machine and started pushing.

 

And she didn't stop pushing.

Not even when she reached the chairs, making the machine tumble down, loud crashing sounds disturbing the residents of the complex.It could have gone better seeing that she eventually just had to transport the parts of the washing machine in the end, that didn't survive the stairs incident and fell apart, down to the front door. At least the thing was gone now.

By the time she went back to her apartment the water that was previously all over the floor had magically disappeared. 1 - 0 for Solar!!

 

The rest of the week went by like every other week, except this time Solar had something she looked forward to. She felt stupid for looking forward to a laundromat visit, but it was something she already started to treasure after just one time of visiting. It wasn't that she treasured the laundromat itself ofcourse, more like the Laundromat Obsessed Person that went there.

Solar spend her time reading, watching movies, taking Jjingjjing out on walks or other stuff when she wasn't at college. She was in her last year of school, but it didn't really feel that way honestly. It's not like she really looked forward to graduating either. 

So as I was saying, the week went by quickly. There really wasn't anything special, so I'll save you guys the boring details like when Solar burned her cake she was baking, making her throw water all over the place to extinguish the fire (déjà vu much?), how she accidentally put Jjingjjing in the dryer together with her laundry (He's ok, no worries. Don't do this at home though.), and skip to Sunday, 7 PM.

 

Solar started with putting all her laundry in a black plastic bags that she later put in the laundry basket, following the advice of the women she met that day.

"The key is speed." She said, chuckling a bit.

As she walked towards the Laundromat she let her eyes wander around the avenue-like street. Even though it wasn't that dark outside the lanterns were lit, illuminating a yellow lig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter