Chapter 1 - The Laundromat Expert

The Laundromat at the Corner of the Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's not like there ever was any silence at Solar's apartment, as she'd occasionally put music on to dance on with her dog or watched a new drama that came out with the volume at 100% while fangirling every minute, but today, there was chaos.

 

Her washing machine, that may or may not have been from her grandmother making it 30+ years old, suddenly started spraying water around, washing everything except for her laundry.

Great, Solar thought to herself. She had an important test coming up and she wanted to start studying as soon as possible, but seeing as her place was slowly turning into a pool she first had to deal with that.

It's not the first time that her washing machine acted up. Sometimes the clothes magically came out in a different color, even though there wasn't a single shirt or blouse in the machine with that color. Another time it suddenly shaked so much Solar thought there was an earthquake, but the water-spraying incident was new. Solar decided on saying that the washing machine was cursed.

Anyhow, she had to do something with the laundry, and hand-washing it wasn't an option as Solar had solemnly swore when she was a kid that she'd never do it, not as long as washing machines existed. (Which was just a lame excuse for her just being extremely bad at hand-washing her clothes) And the only place left with washing machines that she could use.. Was the laundromat. Luckily she wouldn't have to stay there for the whole cycle, washing and drying, since her 30 year old dryer still worked perfectly.

For now.

 

Her friends had washing machines too, but Solar had her standards and wasn't planning on barging in with her hands full of laundry. They would probably allow it though, but standards are standards.

She reached for her phone while stepping over the puddles of water that were basically everywhere, to look for a laundromat near her place. And in fact, there was one at the corner of her street.

 

You're probably thinking, "How did she never notice it before if it's at the corner of her street?" Well.

1. She's Kim Yongsun.

2. Her street was more of an avenue than a street, and a pretty long one on top of that. The route she took when she went to school was also in the other direction, and there just never was any reason to walk in that direction before.

 

Grabbing a laundry basket she started throwing all her laundry in it, leaving after she threw some cloths on the puddles on her floor. It's water so it will dry up after some time. Probably.

It was already dark outside, which Solar was thankful for as she didn't want to be seen carrying a basket full of laundry in public. And ofcourse, since this day was already perfect with her washing machine crashing and her apartment transforming into a pool, it also had to start raining while she was walking towards the laundromat as a cherry on the cake. The laundry was already wet anyways thanks to her washing machine being posessed by some kind of demon octopus spraying water everywhere, but now her own clothes that she was wearing were also soaked.

And there it was, the Laundromat at the Corner of her Street. Normally, I, as the author, would now give some details with carefully chosen words to give some details about how this placed looked and the special atmosphere and all that stuff, which in fact, I love doing. But, this time I won't.

The place looked straight up dull, not leaving any possibility to sugarcoat it. Pretty much like every other laundromat that exists, with, ofcourse, some exceptions. There were some highly interesting washing machines placed next to each other, with a fantastic coffee machine in the corner on a wooden table with a paper on it saying that the machine's DEFECT, which it probably has been for the past few years, and some amazing high stools that looked like they could fall apart anytime placed around a dull wooden rectangular platform with several words writ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter