Chapter 3 - The coffee machine

The Laundromat at the Corner of the Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solar had recently found a new drama she liked, a police drama television series. As for why she suddenly had taken an interest in police dramas? Take a guess.

You're probably right.

It was about a man called Hae-Young that worked as a criminal profiler and as a police lieutenant. Despite the fact that he's a cop himself, due to past experiences he didn't trust other cops. When Hae-Young was still in elementary school his classmate was kidnapped and later found dead. He saw a woman talking to the murdered kid earlier that day, but the police had announced that the suspect was a man. Even though Hae-Young declared that it wasn't a man but a woman and told them what he had seen, they didn't pay any attention to him. The killer was never caught and the case remained unsolved. In case you're interested, the name's Signal. Sounds kinda cool right? Solar watched the show, and as she put her laptop down while wiping a tear away from the corner of her eye she suddenly saw that it was already Sunday.

I thank my writing-skills for finding this kind of excuse to skip ahead again.

 

She had about 30 minutes left before it would be 7 PM, before Moonbyul would arrive at the laundromat, so she quickly started sorting and putting her laundry in the new plastic bags she bought. The black garbage bags were now replaced with white bags that looked slightly less hobo-ish, but the overall look they had still wasn't that much of an improvement to be honest. But it was better than the black bags though, so she just went with it.

With the laundry basket in her hand, plastic bags with laundry in it in the basket, she started to walk towards the laundromat.

The sky was extremely dark compared to yesterday, with not a single cloud in the sky. The crescent moon illuminated the dark sky with a light that looked like the mixture of white and blue, the bare sky decorated with countless bright stars. Moonstar. Solar chuckled.

When Solar was a kid she used to believe that the stars represent the souls of people that had passed away, it was such a beautiful thought that she chose to still think about stars that way.

The moon lost a star..

Anyways, if this were to be true, I bet the Polar star would be the soul from Santa. Makes sense right?

 

Solar started to smile as soon as she saw Moonbyul inside, busy with putting her laundry in the machine.

"Good evening." She softly said, careful not to scare Moonbyul that flinched anyways, making Solar laugh. This was cer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter