Finale.

Smitten.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 
-15-


  
 
  
"Uhm, dad," Jessica spoke up in the middle of their meal. They were at some fine dining restaurant. It was only her, Junho, and Johnny. "I have something important to tell you" 
  
"What is it?" 
  
"Promise me first that you stay calm and just go with it" 
  
"What is it?" 
  
"Err ... I'm getting married. Tomorrow." 
  
"I know" He answered and took a sip of his wine 
  
"Gee, way to go" She glared at her uncle 
  
"Hey! I didn't do it, you punk" 
  
"It was all over the news of our household" He added "From the rumors of the marriage, up to the confirmation of the date. Almost everything, actually" 
  
"So, uhh, yeah. You're fine with it, right?" 
  
"Do I have a choice? You're already decided about it" 
  
Jessica gave a sad smile. The talk really killed the mood, so they only went to watch a comedy play after the dinner 
  
  
'Then, you take mine, and I'll take yours too' She sniggered when she remembered what happened before the encore of Musical play. 
  
"Look who's being a weirdo" Johnny turned to her "Someone's crying while watching a comedy skit" 
  
"Something came into my eye, ugh" She reasoned and wiped off the tears 
  
"Why? Does it remind you of your first?"
  
"Meanie!!" She punched him on his arm and he faked a hurt expression "Delete that memory! I'm getting married tomorrow" 
  
"Doesn't mean I should"  
  
And yes, they bickered about it. As usual. Junho had nothing to do but to shake his head with the two's childishness 
  
 
  
-- 
 
  
Supposedly, walking down the aisle with your father is a dream come true for Jessica. She has always imagined herself walking down the aisle with her dad and the love of her life waits by at the altar. 
  
But, 
  
But why is she gloomy? 
  
Not to help that she's suddenly curious about Yoona's big news. They haven't talked since the other day, and the choding's presence is being dearly missed. 
  
"You're the saddest bride I've ever seen" Johnny remarked when he entered the make-up room 
  
"Don't annoy me. I'm not in a really good mood today" snapped her 
  
"Should I send you away?" 
  
"As if" She rolled her eyes 
  
"Anyway, Hyung is all done and ready to go. He said that he'd be waiting downstairs" 
  
"And you?" 
  
"Why? Do you want to take my offer?" 
  
"Do not provoke me, okay. You know it too well why can't I reject this damn marriage" 
  
"Oh well, that was your last chance" He shrugged "I'm off to the venue, by the way" 
  
  
On the way to the venue, her heart beats oddly. It doesn't race as it's supposed to - like how it is expressed in movies and the books she has read before. She can't help but to look away from her dad and only watches the view outside. 
  
It was only a simple garden wedding that is held at one of the grandest place in South Korea. But of course, as per Jessica's condition, it is to held private; away from medias. 
  
"Are you sure about this?" Junho asked 
  
"Err, yeah" 
  
"Really?" 
  
"Dad, we're on the way there. Don't be silly" 
  
"Because you know, marriage should be a vow for two people in love. And not for people who goes on off, which leads to divorce in future time" 
  
... 
  
Jessica just listened on while Junho continues "You know, you missed one clause" 
  
"What clause?" She faced him 
  
"That it's a win-win situation for him" 
  
"How so?" 
  
"He got the partnership he wanted, and he'd marry off to the prettiest girl in the world"  
  
"Don't be silly dad" She smiled 
  
"That's the kind of smile that you should be wearing" 
  
... 
  
... 
  
She sighed and leaned her head on the window while Junho tapped the driver. 
  
 
 
"This isn't the way to the venue" Jessica frowned as she noticed that they were going the other way 
  
"But it is the way to your happiness" He smiled as he reached for the door beside Jessica's and opening it wide 
  
"What do you mean, dad?" 
  
"Sica" Smiled Yoona who approached their car. She was just at the intersection and leaning to her car. 
  
"You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter