Confession

First Love

Sanha opened the classroom door, spotting Eunwoo sitting on his desk. "Eunwoo hyung, I-"

 

He paused when he saw all the other people staring at him. All these people... No, that didn't matter. He would tell Eunwoo how he feels no matter what.

 

"Hyung, I really- I- Um..." Sanha felt like he was shrinking. All these eyes were fixed on him. The two most important eyes of all, Eunwoo's, looked confused as he awaited the rest of the sentence. "You see... I just wanted to let you know that I passed my tests." He laughed awkwardly with everyone now whispering among themselves.

 

But in between, Eunwoo's face shone bright, smiling and beaming on him. Slowly, Eunwoo moved closer. "Good job! I'm glad to hear you're doing good in school." And then he gave Sanha a pat on the head.

 

A pat. On. The. Head.

 

Well wasn't that just amazing?

 


 

Sanha couldn't believe he chickened out. Again! He lay defeated on his bed, whining over how pathetic he was. It was so simple, but his knees felt weak, and his hands were shaky and sweaty. At that moment, he just couldn't do it. 

 

This was his one chance to finally have the love of his life. Maybe then he might have had friends too. Sanha was basically just throwing a fit now, thrashing around on his bed and letting out screams. Even his mom had to come in to check on him. But what would he say? That he was like this over a boy? He could never.

 

Sanha settled for crying silently out of frustration.

 

if he had just been more brave, more adventurous- He should have just outright said it. Blurt it out while busting through the door! 

 

But... That's not him. It's who Sanha wished he was. Someone less like him. Someone who carelessly let his feelings out.

 


 

The next school day had arrived, and Sanha couldn't even look at Eunwoo. They had exchanged a few words in the morning, mostly about how school was, but Sanha didn't want to talk about that. In fact, he didn't feel like talking at all. Though it was Eunwoo who wanted to have a word on this subject, so why should he object? 

 

Eunwoo was always such a good student. He always finished his assignments and homework early, and always put in the most effort into school projects. No wonder he was top of his class. Actually, he was at the top of the whole school. Sanha on the other hand... He did the same as Eunwoo, but his efforts normally got him a few B's in between his A's on report cards. There was no way he could match up to someone like Eunwoo. Such a smart, kind, considerate, and hard-working person deserved to be on top.

 

Sanha really did always try his best, and his parents understood this. At least they weren't hunting him down for not having straight A's, but he at least wanted to match up with Eunwoo. 

 

The best time of the day came, the time where he got to sit in the corner by himself and go over the notes he'd read a thousand times by now. Hurray. Lunch time was a nightmare. While everyone else sat with their friends and ate together, talked, and fooled around, he was left to mope by himself. Sanha couldn't take any more of this. He needed a friend. A sigh escaped his lips as he closed the notebook he had been flipping through, and started eating some chips from his lunch.

 

Then it happened!

 

A loud thud came from the table, hands slapped firmly onto the smooth surface. Sanha was too scared to look at what had happened, and ended up shutting his eyes nice and tight. He heard talking, but he was too busy trying to drown out whatever this was. If someone was going to beat him up, take his lunch or whatever, they should just get on with it and stop making him paranoid.

 

"Please leave..." Sanha squeaked, eyes still shut and arms now around his chest to hug himself. Where was Eunwoo when he needed him?

 

For a moment, Sanha didn't hear or feel anything, and he felt a bit better. They probably left, that would be a good thing. Sanha could only hear his own heavy breathing as he slowly let his arms drop to his sides, then opened his eyes. He was looking down at his food, still left intact and exactly where he had left it. So that person left without taking anything?

 

"You're weird." An unfamiliar voice said. 

 

Sanha jumped in his seat and looked up to see a guy with brown hair and tan skin in front of him. He had a nice, gentle smile on his face which caused Sanha to ease up a little bit, but kept staring at him cautiously. "H-hello? Can I help you?" Damn it, he stuttered. If he was going to keep from getting beat up some day, he had to act and talk tough!

 

The tan student chuckled and sat in front of him before leaning in on the table. He seemed friendly enough. "I saw you sitting alone, so I thought I'd come say hello. Oh, and I was transfered to your class today, maybe we can be friends. My name is Park Minhyuk, but you can call me Rocky." Minhyuk extended his arm out to shake hands. Sanha accepted his hand shake, but could only think about how bold this guy was. To come out of the blue like that and suddenly ask to be friends... Not that it was a bad thing. Sanha was just in awe.

 

"I- I'm Yoon Sanha." He said with a small smile. Was this his first friend? Maybe his first year of high school wouldn't be a total bust. Sanha only has Minhyuk to thank for that.

 

Rocky.

 


 

Sanha and Rocky, what a weird duo. The quiet and shy Yoon Sanha, friends with the boisterous and social Park Minhyuk.

 

The two spent days together at school, at each other's houses, and in random parts of the city. They were basically inseperable in just a short amount of time. Sanha taught Rocky how to relax and enjoy silence, while Rocky taught Sanha how to be more adventurous. He was still reserved, of course, but he was braver than he was before. Sanha was now getting into a bit of trouble with some innocent pranks, and going into abandoned buildings to "chill" with Rocky. This was amazing. Eunwoo was never this active. 

 

Sanha and Eunwoo had fun together in their own way, but there was something really cool and inspiring about Rocky. It's like he is who Sanha strives to be.

 

Eventually, Sanha did tell Rocky about his crush on Eunwoo.

 

"Just do it." He told Sanha. "If you hold back forever, then you'll never even get a chance. It's like you never even entered the game to play."

 

Sanha took those words to heart. Rocky was really a good friend. A really good and supportive friend. The perfect. Friend.

 

The two troublemakers ended up coming up with a plan. The gist of it was that no matter what, Eunwoo was going to know one way or another that Sanha had a crush on him. 

 

Basically:

Sanha would approach Eunwoo and confess. If he failed to do that and chickened out, Rocky would fill in and just blurt it out to Eunwoo. Either way, the boy finds out.

 

The plan scared Sanha a little bit, yet here he was walking towards Eunwoo at his locker. Even if he said he didn't want to confess, Rocky would do it anyway. Sanha decided it was better for him to do it.

 

Rocky stood a few feet away as he watched the other finally speak to Eunwoo.

 

"Hyung, I... I have to tell you something." Sanha was blushing so much, and even looking at the ground shyly. It worried Eunwoo a bit, but Sanha reassured him he was fine. "You see- Um.. How do I say this? I-" He wanted to cry. He wanted to cry so bad, and Minhyuk could tell.

 

Rocky decided it was time to take matters into his own hands. Just as he was about to advance onto the scene, Sanha started yelling.

 

"Eunwoo hyung, I like you! No, I don't like you. I love you!"

 




 

Whew! Another chapter complete.

This one was more eventful, huh? I told y'all it would be.

 

What did you think of this chapter? Please let me know in the comments, and please please please keep supporting me!

I'm trying to give the best I can offer, so some feedback would also be appreciated. 

:)

Stay tuned to find out what happens!