Sunrise

First Love

Moonbin awoke in the morning with a headache. As he lay in the brightness of the sun filtering through his window curtains, he looked up at his ceiling and thought about Eunwoo. That stupid Eunwoo. How many times has he been friendzoned by him now? Probably a thousand times. 

 

When Eunwoo asked him out, Bin literally lost it. He was so shocked and red, and he just barely mumbled out a "yes". Later, Eunwoo told him that it was just his plan to get Sanha over him.

 

"Thanks for playing along, Binnie!"

 

That spiraled down to everything that has happened. Eunwoo says it's because they're childhood friends, but Bin can see the way he looks at Sanha. The idiot doesn't even know he has feelings for Sanha.

 

"What the hell-" Moonbin brought a hand up to feel tears flowing out of his eyes like waterfalls. He was hurting. He was hurting so much, and Eunwoo was too stupid to notice. "'Smartest student in the school' my ." He laughed out.

 

After a few more minutes of just lying in bed, Moonbin finally got up and ready for school. The whole time, he thought about how willing Eunwoo was to get in a fight for Sanha. Even if it was out of pure jealousy. Moonbin sighed.

 

"When will Eunwoo get jealous over someone hanging out with me? Rocky Breathes the same air as Sanha, all hell breaks loose. But me? I could literally sell myself to some stranger, and he wouldn't bat an eyelash. I hate you, Cha Eunwoo." Moonbin started crying again, crouching down on the floor in the middle of his room. If you heard his sobs, you could hear the pain in his voice, in his choked cries and attempts at keeping quiet.

 


 

Moonbin sat in his seat, staring out the window at his best friend outside on the field. Eunwoo was a year older than him, so they didn't have the same classes. He looked so utterly miserable, his teacher even had to walk over to check on him. "Yes, I'm fine." He mumbled. 

 

You'd think he would be distracted during classes, but Moonbin never stopped thinking about Eunwoo. It was a fact he would deny forever, and keep to himself. But every day, everyone noticed Moonbin's mood go down, little by little. Every day, he looked worse. Every day, he cried by himself just a little longer. He could understand and sympathize with Sanha. "It must have taken the kid everything he had to confess to Eunwoo." He thought. Of course it did, and it was something Moonbin could never do. 

 

If that was how Eunwoo rejected Sanha, Moonbin didn't want any part of it. He didn't want to finally be noticed way later, when it was too late and he had already erased Eunwoo from his memory. That was just too cruel.

 

in gym class, Moonbin started crying out of nowhere, sobbing in the middle of the field. Some thought he got hit by a ball, even though nobody saw it. Others thought he and Eunwoo were fighting. But how could there be a fight between a couple who wasn't a couple? Moonbin had to be sent up to the nurse, where he just lay silently and refused to answer any questions. 

 


 

"Are you okay? Did you get hit or something?" Eunwoo asked after school at Moonbin's locker. "I heard you started crying all of a sudden."

 

Moonbin looked at Eunwoo, examining his bruised face. Rocky only hit him once, but his his eye was already a deep purple and blue, and a bit swollen. 

 

"No, I'm fine." He said simply as he packed some books into his bag from his locker. Moonbin couldn't say he cried because of Eunwoo. What a heartbreaker this guy was, honestly. 

 

Moonbin shut his locker and started walking down the hall with Eunwoo. "So, you got any good stories today?" Bin was in the mood to just listen to Eunwoo talk. Like just literally talk to him nonstop about anything. 

 

"Uh.. Yeah, I think so? I went to Sanha's house yesterday-"

 

That's all he had to hear. Moonbin walked faster and just left Eunwoo to go home alone. The older boy was baffled, at least. 

 

The faster Moonbin walked, the blurrier his vision became. "Eunwoo, you idiot! Stupid!" Tears just kept flowing down his cheeks, snot down his nose and onto his philtrum. Moonbin was just nearing his hiuse when he ran into a pole and fell back onto his .

 

He honestly didn't have the energy to get up, so he sat there crying over Eunwoo and the pain from hitting the pole. Moonbin didn't care if there were people around or not, it's not like they would come see what was wrong. 

 

Then someone suddenly pulled Moonbin up to stand. After seconds of wiping away tears, Moonbin looked at the person. It was Eunwoo. 

 

"Don't touch me!" Moonbin pushed the other away and backed up, feeling more tears. Eunwoo was once again really puzzled.

 

Moonbin is his best friend, and Eunwoo couldn't place why he would be acting this way. Did he perhaps hear a bad rumor? Eunwoo followed him into his house, pushing the door open and walking in before Moonbin could close it once again. Thank God the boy's parent's weren't home, or this would be awkward. 

 

"What's wrong with you?" Eunwoo said, almost angrily as he closed the door behind him. "Why are you so mad at me?"

 

Moonbin's chest was heaving for breath now, and he had to grab a napkin to blow his nose a few times. "Just don't touch me. Don't get close to me." He was really at his wits end. Moonbin was completely done with Eunwoo's behavior and demeanor. He knew the other didn't mean to hurt him, but it was just so painful.

 

Eunwoo just scoffed and rolled his eyes as he reached to grab Moonbin's shoulder. His hand was slapped away, and he was met by an angry and sobbing Moonbin. Suddenly, his best friend's face turned really sad, really empty.

 

"Please, Eunwoo... Just go." Moonbin tried pleading. Eunwoo should at least do this much for him. But no, Eunwoo insisted and sat down.

 

"Just tell me what's wrong. It's not that hard.. I'm your best friend, Binnie." Eunwoo said in his calmest voice, but it didn't help. 

 

Moonbin broke out into crying again and slapped Eunwoo. "I told you to go! Don't be ing stupid, you-" He sighed loudly and threw himself into a chair. "Why won't you just give up? On Sanha, I mean. You already rejected him, for God's sake! And he has a boyfriend now! Accept it." Moonbin sniffled and blew his nose again. 

 

Eunwoo bit his lip and tipped his head to the side. "I know you think I'm being too harsh on him, but I promise, I'm trying to make him happier-"

 

"How about me? Open your eyes, Eunwoo! I'm right in front of you and you can't tell!" Moonbin could barely breathe, his chest hurt so much. 

 

"Tell what?!" Eunwoo yeoled back, completely clueless.

 

"Why don't you ever try to make me happier? It's your fault I'm like this! You never worry if I'm hurting or if I'm out with other people. You never think about me or talk about me on a daily basis like you do with Sanha!" Moonbin slammed the table and glared at Eunwoo. He was really reaching his limit.

 

Eunwoo laughed and leaned back in his seat. "Binnie, if You think I'm replacing you with Sanha-"

 

Moonbin yelled and stood up before kicking over his chair. "I ing love you, Cha Eunwoo! I don't understand why, but I just do! You hirt me, and yet all I can think about is the soft way you smile at me, or the way you grab my arm to pull me places. Do you understand how much it hurt-" He started choking up, feeling even more tears. "It hurt so.. much... When you asked me out, I was so happy. I thought you liked me too. But it was too much to ask of you, wasn't it?"

 

Eunwoo had never seen Moonbin like this. He was usually so quiet and shy, and always smiled. So seeing him freak out like this was definitely a shocker. Speaking of shockers, Bin's confession had him staring blankly at the floor, at the poor chair knocked down onto it. "Bin..." He started, but didn't know how to finish. 

 

"No, no... Just please leave." Moonbin asked once more, and Eunwoo finally did. 

 

He started crying on the floor once more, hiccuping and choking on air as he thought about what had just happened. Everyone had a limit, and Moonbin definitely surpassed his. 

 


 

 

This was a new beginning.

 

Bin was no longer hiding his secret in darkness like the moon. 

 

The sun was rising, bringing about unknown circumstances and events.

 

Moonbin almost didn't want to go to school. He didn't want to talk to anyone, much less Eunwoo. This was probably the worst he's ever looked, and everyone knew. Yet, no one dared ask what was wrong. He was alone. 

 

At first, he thought Eunwoo had told everyone a rumor about him, but it was really just his own depressed aura that kept everyone away. Moonbin was really thinking the worst things. He missed seeing Eunwoo laugh and not worry about anything. Ever since Sanha confessed to him, Eunwoo has only scowled and looked sad. 

 

"Ha! Sad? He wouldn't know what sad is if it hit him in the face!" Moonbin said to himself in the bathroom during lunch. "Could leave another bruise on his pretty little face."

 

He would avoid Eunwoo after school.

 


 

"Binnie!"

 

Oh God! Moonbin tried walking faster, but was pulled back by Eunwoo.

 

"Yah, I'm your hyung. Don't be rude and stop avoiding me..." Eunwoo said it as if Moonbin didn't have a choice. Bin just sighed and glanced at Eunwoo, face flushed.

 

After that outburst and confession yesterday, Moonbin just wanted to hide. 

 

"Listen, I.. I'm not rejecting you. But, can you just give me a few days to think it over? I-"

 

"I've waited far too long. In fact, just don't say anything at all. Forget what I said yesterday, alright?" Moonbin pulled away from Eunwoo only to be pulled in again. On the side, he could hear someone yelling at them to kiss, and Eunwoo seemed ready to do so as if on command. No. No, he didn't want to have his first kiss be a coverup for his fake relationship with his crush and best friend. "Please, only if you mean it..." He whispered.

 

Eunwoo stopped and looked at Moonbin. Poor guy was about to cry again. He let Bin go and patted his head. 

 


 

After much contemplating, Moonbin decided to go to Sanha's house. He didn't want to be around Eunwoo, but he also didn't want to be alone. 

 

He took a deep breath and gently knocked on the door. Apparently, it was too light, because no one answered. Bin knocked again, harder this time, and someone did open.

 

"Oh, hello." A shorter man with black hair opened the door, obviously not Sanha.

 

Moonbin thought he had the wrong house before he heard Sanha's high-pitched, pubescent voice call out to him. 

 

"Bin- Ah, come in!" The boy stood up, a baffled Rocky following behind him. Soon, another short guy with blonde hair came up. Were they having a party?

 

"You wanna join us?" Asked Rocky, and Moonbin just nodded shyly before being pulled inside the house. 

 

Sanha point to the two short males in the room. "This is Jinwoo, and this is MJ. Jinwoo, MJ, this is Moonbin." They all exchanged greetings and bowed to each other before they all ran upstairs. 

 

Bin was confused at first, but he followed them, apparently to Sanha's room. 

 

"What brings you here, 'Binnie'? Got tired of Eunwoo?" Rocky asked, smiling a little bit at him. He knew Rocky didn't like Eunwoo at all, absolutely hated him, and vice versa. But ever since Bin had told Rocky where to save Sanha, he and Rocky have been on good terms. 

 

"Something like that." Moonbin gave a small smile and sat down with the others. "What are you guys doing?" He examined the room before Sanha started shaking him.

 

"Oh come on! We were just talking, so you talk too. Why are you crying..?"

 

The room fell silent and Moonbin could see all eyes on him, worried. He quickly brought his hands up to his cheeks, feeling fresh tears on them. When did he start crying?

 

"What happened?" The guy with the black hair, MJ, asked him. Moonbin saw such a sincere face of worry for the first time, and it wasn't his best friend. "D-did I say something wrong??" MJ started to freak out and turned to Jinwoo in a panicked motion.

 

Moonbin knew he was crying more, and he had to look down. He felt Sanha hug him. Sanha was such a nice kid, he had a big heart.

 

"I- I... Eunwoo and I had a fight. I also confessed to him." That earned gasps, and even Sanha was baffled. Though Rocky appeared to already know Bin had a thing for Eunwoo. "He didn't know at all."

 

Moonbin let it all out and told them everything that had happened. All the longin stares, all the fantasizing, the pain, the daily crying- Sanha knew the feeling, he could sympathize. Eunwoo seemed to only hurt those who were closest to him, and pushed away whoever liked him.

 



 

Yes, this one is all about Moonbin!!! I didn't include him in previous chapters all that much, but I did have a plot going with him. Besides, who doesn't like some angsty Binu? 

 

Lmao Bin lost it. To be honest, this was sort of a filler chapter, and a plot builder. 

 

Hope you guys enjoyed it! Leave a comment for me and tell me what you thought. Eunwoo is really out here breaking hearts, so I want to get some thoughts on that lol. I always read comments, so I'd appreciate it if you left one. Hell, y'all can post if you want and make me laugh.