Fog

First Love

Eunwoo did think on it. He didn't want to mess up again and regret it later. But the pressure was choking him. 

 

Moonbin is his best friend, always, no matter what. If he were to decide without thinking, he would end up possibly hurting him like he did Sanha.

 

Eunwoo really didn't mean to be so cruel. He thought he was doing the right thing, but never cared to think about how Sanha would feel. Then he just felt jealous, and once again missed out on what the boy would want or feel. Though the more he thought about it, the more he realized it wasn't that he was jealous of Sanha dating someone else. It was that he didn't want Sanha to date Rocky specifically. Eunwoo thought that someone like Rocky could never make his small childhood friend happy.

 

Sanha was like a brother to him.

 

But Moonbin was more than that. He was Eunwoo's best friend, the person Eunwoo went to when he felt down, or when he wanted to just go out somewhere with someone. But he never thought of Moonbin as more than just... a friend.

 

It's not that he definitely didn't have feelings for Moonbin, it's just that he never took the time to think on it. Eunwoo lived in a bubble this whole time, and it took all of this to burst it. What a persistent fellow.

 

But now he fears he has ruined everything completely. Eunwoo couldn't help but feel that Sanha hated him, and Bin was slowly inching away from him. 

 

"Damn it!" Eunwoo yelled and let himself slide down the chair he was sitting in. He couldn't concentrate on studying for once in his life, seeing as nothing ever bothered him this much. His questions were left unanswered.

 

But did he like Moonbin?

 


 

Sanha sat down for lunch, opening up the box his mom had packed for him. Oh, food! Delicious food! He started eating, closing his eyes and smiling at the exquisite flavor of his mom's home cooking. Until he felt something touch his lips.

 

"You're not gonna share with me?" Rocky laughed and stared as he watched Sanha. The poor boy was so flustered, looking around to make sure no one saw that kiss. "If you were just one shade brighter of red, you'd look like a cherry!"

 

Sanha grunted and stuffed his mouth with rice, mumbling out, "It's all mine!" He chewed it up and Rocky just clapped slowly as he nodded in appreciation.

 

"You really are a child." He said. But then again, so is he. Rocky had no room to deny it, either. He took a piece of chicken anyway, which earned a glare from the younger boy. 

 

Sanha loved Rocky, but not as much as he liked food. But... Rocky was hard to deny, they were a team in more than one way. 

 

"Fine, take what you want. Let me starve." Sanha pushed the box closer to the other male to share, even letting him borrow his chopsticks a few times. 

 

Moonbin walked into the classroom feeling a bit shy. He was a sophomore in a freshman room, nothing weird or awkward about that at all. It was like eyes were watching his every step as he walked over to the two boys sharing a bento meal. This was his first time coming into Sanha and Rocky's class instead of Eunwoo's for lunch. 

 

"Hey." He said before sitting down in some poor sod's chair. Moonbin was intimidating the freshman without even trying or wanting to. It was literally just because he was older. He took out his own lunch and put it next to Sanha's. "I'll give you some of my noodles if you give me some of your chicken."

 

Sanha's eyes were wide open at seeing more food, but even more so at the fact that Bin was here. He nodded quickly before picking up some noodles and slurping them up. Now Rocky was whining like a baby.

 

"Yah, I want noodles too! Sanha- let me use your chopsticks!" Rocky tried, and failed, to get the chopsticks from Sanha as the younger boy ate more noodles. 

 

Moonbin found it hilarious how the two interacted. As a couple, they really fit so well together, like pieces of a puzzle. He took out his own chopsticks and ate some of Sanha's food before his own. 

 

The young boy finally let his whiny boyfriend have the chopsticks before turning to Moonbin. "Hyung, did something happen?" This earned a confused look from their senior. "I mean, you don't usually.. come here." Sanha laughed nervously before having a piece of chicken shoved onto his face. "Ack- Rocky!"

 

Again, Moonbin found it hilarious and laughed before shaking his head. "No, everything's okay. I just felt like hanging out with you. Plus, I don't think the seniors in Jinwoo and MJ's classrooms will appreciate me being in there." 

 

Sanha just nodded and let out a low "ahhh", meanwhile Rocky ate as much as he pleased from both foods. That is, until Sanha took the chopsticks back and ate a bit more.

 

"I didn't feel like seeing Eunwoo, either. It hasn't been that long, and I want him to think on his own. I think it's because he's always with at least one person that he doesn't think things like this through. Eventually he'll come face to face with his internal thoughts." Moonbin shrugged. He noticed how Rocky was all pouty about not eating, so he decided to feed him some chicken. Honestly, none of them care about it. Sanha wasn't the jealous type, and he knew Rocky wouldn't cheat on him.

 

"Hyung!" Sanha shook Moonbin, startling him in the process. "I have an idea that could help more than just you." Oh no. There was a mischievous look on Sanha's face, and even Rocky didn't know what to make of it. 

 

We're all in for some trouble.

 


 

Eunwoo sat alone through lunch, not eating one bite of his food. He was just waiting for Moonbin, but at some point he already knew Bin wasn't coming. Still, he left his food untouched. 

 

Maybe he was busy... It's happened before, so why not this time? But Eunwoo couldn't bring himself to eat still. He sighed when the bell rang, and he put away his food. 

 

After school, he decided to call Moonbin. No, that wouldn't work; he was sent straight to voicemail. Eunwoo bit his lip and decided to text him instead. He opened up Kakao and clicked on his chat with Moonbin. The last entry was from a few days ago, a smiley face from Moonbin. 

 

"How cute." Eunwoo said to himself and smiled.

 

Okay, focus! He started typing out his message. "Binnie, I'm really sorry. You mean a lot to me, boyfriend or not, but can't we talk about it? I'll be waiting for you by the pond at the park." Was that too much? Eunwoo shrugged and sent it. That's all he could come up with right now, and at least he was trying. 

 

Eunwoo walked to the park alone, taking this time to think more. It was all really confusing to him. He knew he liked Moonbin, but he didn't know in what way. Was it just as friends? Did he perhaps like Bin romantically? He scratched the back of his head and groaned. This whole thing was giving him a headache, but it was his fault all of this happened. Eunwoo just wanted to give the most honest answer he could to avoid further mishaps. 

 

He sat down on a bench by the pond and waited. He took a moment to relax and just enjoy nature. Then he took his phone out to check if Moonbin had replied. In fact, Bin had not even seen his message. 

 

Eunwoo sighed and leaned back on the bench and once again waited. He was doing an awful lot of waiting today. First during lunch when Moonbin never showed up, and now at the park. But Moonbin was bound to show up, right? This was their hangout spot...

 

How long had it been? Eunwoo checked the time to see that it had been hours since he had arrived at the park. That would explain why it was getting dark. He checked his messages, but Moonbin had still not even seen his message.

 

Eunwoo started tearing up, standing and swinging his arm with his phone in his hand. Thankfully, he stopped before he actually threw his phone into the pond. He was only crying because no one had ever stood him up before. That was why he was crying, right? Besides that, Moonbin is his best friend, and he's the one who stood him up. 

 


 

How?

 

How could Moonbin ever open that message? His hands started to sweat every time he looked at it, his eyes watered every time he thought about it, and he just couldn't bring himself to see what Eunwoo had sent. He couldn't. 

 

Moonbin sat in the corner of his room, blanket around him and knees up against his chest. His face was wet with tears and snot, he couldn't even tell the difference between the two. Bin sobbed out quietly, holding his breath and whimpering out puffs of air in between. 

 

His heart still hurt, he even had to clutch at his chest. Eunwoo hurt him so much without realizing. It seemed that everything he did only managed to make Moonbin cry even more, to make him feel dead on the inside. It hurt to ignore Eunwoo's message, but it hurt even more to talk to him.

 

Moonbin gasped for air and breathed out through his mouth as he crawled over to the tissue box on his nightstand. Finally. He took a tissue at a time and wiped up his face, getting all the yucky, wet, and sticky liquids off of his face. "Look what you do to me, Eunwoo."

 


 

It was Saturday, and Sanha's plan was in motion. All those who needed to know their positions knew, those who didn't need to know were left in the dark about everything. 

 

Sanha dialed up Eunwoo's number and waited. 

 

"Oh, hyung! It's.. Sanha." The young boy spoke softly to sound nervous, and it seemed to work.

 

"oh, Sanha? Are you okay?" Eunwoo did not know what he was getting into.

 

"yeah, yeah. Listen, I- I wanted to meet up. Not for anything bad, I just thought we should make up. You and I haven't talked since, well, everything."

 

Eunwoo agreed to it, taking it as a sign to rekindle his friendship with Sanha. What he didn't know was that Sanha had already forgiven him. He was given the location of where to meet up and got ready.

 

Sanha called one other person, asking to just hang out at the same place. Of course, everyone else would be there too, but they knew already.

 

Sanha and Rocky arrived first, and ordered a group meal from the shop so everyone can share. Then Moonbin and MJ arrived. MJ had been talking a lot with the two young troublemakers, which is why he was dragged into this. 

 

"Okay, you know what to do? Good. Get your best acting face on, and get ready to act when one of them arrives." Sanha smiled and ate some fries like a carefree child. Rocky joined him soon after scoping outside the windows, but Bin and MJ were feeling nervous, and staring at each other awkwardly. 

 

"Ah!" Sanha yelled out, making his voice crack. "Jin Jin hyung is here, quick-" The two actors were ready, and holding hands visibly over the table.

 

Jinwoo waved to everyone and sat across from MJ. He hadn't seen them holding hands yet, he was too busy rubbing his own hands together and grabbing fries. So Moonbin decided to grab one fry and feed it to MJ. That definitely caught his attention, but he didn't say anything. Jinwoo just glanced up at the two for a few seconds before slowly taking more fries.

 

Don't worry, he was affected, he just wasn't one to show what he was feeling while in public. Sanha turned to Jinwoo and shook his arm.

 

"Hyung, guess what. I got an A on all my tests! Of course, they weren't perfect.... But that's still good." 

 

Jinwoo smiled, causing his eyes to curve up. "Oh, congrats, Sanha! You'll surpass my own scores at this rate." He laughed and pinched Sanha's cheeks.

 

"Ah, grease!" The youngest took a napkin and wiped his cheek, earning a short chuckle from everyone.

 

Rocky looked out the window and saw a familiar figure coming in. He had accepted that pretty boy, so he didn't hate him anymore. Dislike was still in his vocabulary. He didn't trust Eunwoo still. "Yo, pretty boy's here." That earned him a pout and a small slap from Sanha.

 

Eunwoo paused halfway through the room to examine the table. He had thought it would just be him and Sanha, but it was a whole party. He saw Moonbin and felt his heart sink. The feeling was mutual with Bin. Finally, Eunwoo continued walking and sat down in the empty seat in front of Moonbin. "Uh, hi..." He glanced at him and noticed he was holding someone's hand. He didn't know who this was. 

 

"Eunwoo hyung, you haven't met them yet. MJ, JinJin, this is Eunwoo. Eunwoo, this is Jinwoo, and this is MJ. Bin hyung and MJ hyung are dating now." Sanha whispered pretty loudly, loud enough that the whole table could still hear. 

 

Jinwoo choked on the nugget in his mouth and pounded at his chest until he stopped coughing. "When- I didn't know they were dating." He looked at MJ, who quickly turned to Moonbin with a smile.

 

"Yeah, it's a recent thing. I don't know, we just... clicked." Myungjun giggled and hugged Moonbin's arm. Moonbin also did his part and kissed MJ's forehead.

 

Eunwoo looked on, not showing much expression besides his eyes widening at seeing the two being so close. "Oh. Congrats, Binnie..." He picked up a nugget and started munching on it, eyes fixed on reading what was on one of the napkins.

 

Even Rocky looked surprised, though he knew they weren't dating for real. "Wow, have you two had your first kiss yet?"

 

Everyone suddenly blushed, thinking of their first kiss, or what they wanted their first kiss to be like. 

 

"Y-yeah, actually. MJ was the one who kissed me first." Moonbin covered his mouth with three fingers and glanced from Eunwoo to Myungjun.

 

MJ nodded in agreement. "Moonbin was so embarrassed afterwards. I had to kiss him again to show him he wasn't dreaming." He started laughing, and Eunwoo finally looked up again.

 

What a nice conversation full of lies they were having.

 

The whole time, Eunwoo was trying to distract himself with anyhing. He went so far as to "accidentally" drop a fork so he could bend down to pick it up. Jinwoo, however, was now having a hard time keeping his emotions off of his face. Honestly, he looked a bit hurt, and that also hurt MJ. Even so, no matter how much it hurt, Moonbin and MJ continued to act happy and lovey dovey together.

 

Eunwoo was the first one to leave. Then Moonbin, making some excuse about having a lot of homework. Then Sanha and Rocky excused themselves. Honestly, Sanha had hoped that Eunwoo stayed longer, or that Moonbin had left at the same time as Eunwoo. Bummer. But at least MJ and Jinwoo were alone now. 

 


 

"Are you really dating Moonbin?" Jinwoo asked as he and MJ took a walk outside. "I just can't believe you'd like that dog-cat type of person... He's a bit weird for your taste is what I'm saying." 

 

MJ glanced over at Jinwoo and smiled softly. "Why do you want to know? If I'm happy..." He looked down at his feet and watched them. "Why are you so curious about this?"

 

Jinwoo blinked rapidly a few times and stopped walking. He pulled MJ so they could be face to face. "Just tell me, do you really like him? Are you really happy?" His voice wavered. No matter how he tried to hide it, he felt like crying.

 

"Why are you so nosy? There's no reason for you to worry about my happiness." Myungjun also felt like crying. He loved Jinwoo so much. So so much, and he would only be happy with him.

 

"Yes there is!" Jinwoo blurted out. He just sounded angry now.

 

"Is there really, Jinwoo? What is your reason?!" MJ was shocked to find arms wrapped tightly around him, and sobs clear in his ear.

 

"I love you." Jinwoo whimpered, feeling the need to hide his face in MJ's shoulder. "Myungjun, I love you."

 

MJ was crying now, suddenly forgetting how to move and breathe. After a few seconds, he finally put his arms around JinJin. "No, I'm not dating Moonbin.. I love you too." 

 

They both seemed a lot more relaxed with those words. 

 



 

Sorry this took a while to put up! I've been busy with stuff.

 

But here it is! Poor, lonely Eunwoo... Guys, I swear I love all members! I'm not trying to torture them because I hate them! Lmao

 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I really hope you stick around for the next one. Aren't you curious what happened with Moonbin and Eunwoo after the meet up? I sure am!

 

Please make sire to tell me what you think! It's always appreciated. :)