My First

First Love

The sunlight seemed to drown the bedroom in the waking hours of the morning. The birds were chirping and letting each of their individual songs be known. Everything seemed to be awake, seeing as the world was so lively today yet so calm...

 

"Can I get five more minutes of sleep?!" Sanha whined under his bed cover, trying to shield his eyes from the sun and his ears from the birds. There were literally five minutes left before his alarm went off, and all he wanted was sleep. "These birds never shut up. They even had to go and make a nest right outside my window." He groaned as he finally pushed himself on the bed to sit up. His hair was sticking out in all directions as he brought a hand up to scratch the back of his head. 

 

Sanha didn't care much for mornings, but he immediately got moving once he remembered it was the first day of school. To be more specific, it was his first day of high school. This was the day he had always been waiting for, at least before he turns 18. This was the day he could be equals with his childhood friend. Well, one way or another.

 

He managed to put together a good outfit for the special day; waist-high, black jeans with a pastel pink, button-up shirt tucked into it. It was what he liked wearing, so he would let everyone know. This would be his first impression on many people. Besides that, Sanha wanted to show off for Eunwoo. 

 

Eunwoo, his childhood friend, and crush, who is unfortunately three years older than Sanha. He liked Eunwoo so much, and he knew this since the fourth grade, when he gave Sanha his lollipop because his had fallen. Before that, they were just really good friends. But now... 

 

Sanha giggled at the thought of merely holding hands with Eunwoo. Even looking into the other's eyes got Sanha blushing and feeling butterflies. After all these years, he still liked Eunwoo this much. "I want him to gently hold my hand, smile at me, sing for me, hug me, give me soft kisses on my cheek, take me out on dates, buy me dinner, share his food with me, and maybe..." Sanha started laughing histarically as he threw himself back onto his bed. He couldn't even keep calm while imagining his fantasies. "Maybe he could..." Another giggle escaped him as he covered his mouth, "..he could kiss me on the lips."

 

Unfortunately, his little fantasy had to be interrupted by his alarm, and he knew he had to leave now or he'd be late. So he ate a small snack, waved goodbye to his parents, and rushed to school.

 


 

"Sanha!" The familiar voice called from across the busy room. Yet everywhere he looked, Sanha only saw the other unfamiliar students bustling about. "Sanha, over here!" He still couldn't see the owner of that voice, and he started to panick, spinning around in attempt to get more coverage of the entire room. Until he felt a tap on his shoulder, and a tickle at his side. "Right here, silly."

 

Sanha let out a squeak at the tickle, but managed to keep himself from accidentally whacking someone with his squirming. "Hyung!" He whined and made a pouty face. "You know I don't like being tickled."

 

Eunwoo chuckled and grabbed Sanha's hand before pulling him to another area of the room. Wait, back it up a bit. The Cha Eunwoo is holding his hand? This had Sanha feeling butterflies again, and he couldn't stop a stupid grin from appearing on his face. The other didn't know, but he was the one doing this to Sanha all the time, and was even the cause of his pain sometimes. It was inevitable."Ya, pay attention. Here's the name of your homeroom teacher. And here's the room number-" 

 

All the noise drowned out, and Sanha could only see Eunwoo. All there was in this room was Eunwoo and his pretty face, so close yet so far. The fact that the room was so crowded meant the two of them were squished together a bit in that spot. Sanha could barely even focus on what Eunwoo was trying to show him, but he shook his head when he saw the piece of paper. Suddenly the loud atmosphere returned, and Sanha could hear the other asking if he was listening. "A-ah yes. I am. That's.. My name here means my teacher is the one beside it, and the beside that is... the room number."

 

There it was. The beautiful face of satisfaction from Eunwoo. Not that his face wasn't always beautiful, but Sanha liked knowing that he was doing good in Eunwoo's eyes. 

 

"You should go to homeroom now if you know where it is. My classroom is two floors below yours, so I'll see you after school. It's good to be going to the same high school as you." Eunwoo smiled, and Sanha swore he died. He literally felt his heart and breath come to a sudden stop and not resume for a good few seconds. 

 

That's right. He's in the same school now as Eunwoo. Sanha had worked so hard and pleaded so much just to go to the same high school as him. The day he was accepted into the school, he cried for three hours, and would only calm down occasionally when his mom would give him food. Finally the two of them could live on the equal spectrum of being high schoolers. Maybe Eunwoo would accept his confession better now than ever since he was finally in high school.

 


 

Days had passed, and nothing exciting had happened. This was literally just normal. Just school as always. Even weeks passed, and it was so boring. Sanha couldn't stand one more minute in his class. It was the most boring thing he had every experienced, and the most exciting event of the day was when he would see Eunwoo in the hallway or at lunch. But even then, Eunwoo had his own friends...

 

He, on the other hand, hadn't really made any friends. He felt pathetic sitting alone at lunch, but he didn't want to tell Eunwoo. Mostly because he would leave his friends to go sit with Sanha, and Sanha didn't want to keep him from his friends. To make things worse, he couldn't build up the courage to confess his love to the other. Sanha told himself this would be the year he did it. It didn't matter that they were both guys, or that Sanha was three years younger, not even that people would criticize him. He loved Eunwoo, and he wanted to let everyone know. But most of all, he wanted to let Eunwoo know. The very source of his love, pain, and affection.

 

To be frank, Sanha was the class nerd, so that kinda counted in as a reason for him not having friends. While other people were being invited over to friends' houses, Sanha just went home and hoped Eunwoo wanted to hang out. 

 

All his life, he imagined high school being more productive, especially with Eunwoo. Sanha was very disappointed by the fact that Eunwoo spent more time with his own high school friends than with him. Not like they were dating or anything, but Sanha was definitely jealous. He wanted to hang out with Eunwoo too. He wanted his own friends too. Sanha just couldn't do that when he was the least popular person at the school, especially when everyone already had their own friend groups and cliques by now. This would be impossible.

 

But... if he wanted more of Eunwoo's attention, he would have to confess and hope they started going out. The hard part was confessing, right? That's all he had to do, and everything else would just fall into place. Sanha made it his mission to finally tell the other his feelings as soon as possible. That is... when he builds up the courage to do so. Soon. Yeah, pretty soon. 

 

Some day.

 


 

"What flavor is this again? Rocky... something?" Eunwoo was speaking, but Sanha only sat there absentmindedly, playing with the spoon on his lips. His eyes were fixed on Eunwoo's lips as ice cream was brought up to them. Sanha also ate from his own bowl of ice cream, which was now half melted due to him focusing more on the other than the frozen treat. "Sanha. Yah!"

 

Sanha quickly sat upright, smearing some of the chocolate ice cream on his cheak and chin in the process. "Uh- What? Sorry, I was thinking about something."

 

"I asked what flavor this ice cream is." Eunwoo looked at Sanha with a confused expression on his face, and an eyebrow raised. "What were you thinking about? It must be something important for you to zone out like that."

 

It was true, he zoned out, and didn't even realize it. Sanha had been so absorbed in taking Eunwoo's beauty that he just kind of went blank. Such beauty can make even the most talkative fall into silence.

 

"It's Rocky Road. Why, do you like it? I thought you preferred plain vanilla." Sanha started finishing up the soup of chocolate and peanuts from his bowl before setting it aside. His mother didn't like him just leaving plates in his room, but he'd take it out later. Right now he was just chilling with the one and only Eunwoo, and nobody would take away this precious time from him. "You're so simple, I thought you liked simple things as well."
 

Eunwoo perked up and set his ice cream aside, only standing up when he was sure it wouldn't fall over. "Yah! I'm older than you." Sanha started laughing in response, and stuck his tongue out. This was something Eunwoo would not stand for. He reached over and hugged Sanha tightly.

 

"Hyung.. what are you-" Sanha had blushed and felt his heart skip a beat, but maybe that was just him having a heart attack from the sudden tickle attack Eunwoo was giving him. What a sneaky devil! Pretending to be affectionate. Sanha burst out laughing and screaming, begging him to stop. His body squirmed this way and that, and his arms instinctively thrashed around and pushed on Eunwoo in attempts to break free. But to no avail. What a shame. Sanha couldn't even take a moment to appreciate the fact that Eunwoo was touching him, and his hands were on his sides, even if they were there for tickling purposes. "I give! I give!!"

 


 

More days had passed, and Sanha still had no friends and no love. How pathetic and tragic he felt. The only times anyone had talked to him were to borrow his class notes, but he eventually stopped lending them out to people. Sanha didn't like being used like that. Eventually, people stopped talking to him again because of that. Better than being used for notes, at least.

 

The next day came, and Sanha had built up the courage to tell Eunwoo. He was marching, on his way straight to where Eunwoo's class was after school. Here it is, the big moment. Sanha took deep breaths as he walked, making sure to keep his head straight, and his words clear. He practiced them over and over in his head. "I like you. I like you. I like you..." Okay, almost there. This is the hardest part, but everything will be easy from then onward. Maybe he's watched one too many dramas, but it just had to work out like that. I just had to. It always looked so easy for those girls in the dramas when they finally confessed, and the best part was that the guy liked them back. 

 

Sanha opened the classroom door, spotting Eunwoo sitting on his desk. "Eunwoo hyung, I-"




 

How was the first chapter?

TT_TT

I promise the next chapter will be more eventful, so please save this fic and expect the update!!!

 

Will Sanha stumble on his words? Will Eunwoo accept Sanha's love confession?? 

Stay tuned for more! ;D