Now or Never (Sulli Tribute Part 1)

Late Nights Make Me Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's Note: So I called this chapter "Now or Never" because Sulli's passing was so abrupt and unfair, and I feel like maybe many people had positive things to say to her but didn't get a chance to. Bullying is a killer, as much so as cigarettes and driving while drunk. Show kindness to others. Take the time to tell people how special they are to you or how amazing they are because even the most confident and happy looking person sometimes hurts inside. Live a happy life and try to brighten other people's days too. We love you, Sulli.

 

---------------------------

Amber’s POV

 

“So what’s good here?” Krystal asks as you all walk through the door to the restaurant.

 

“Everything! But I really recommend the Krazy Kimchee, the Bulgogi Blitz, the Pork Belly Palooza, or the Ramen-rito!” Yongsun answers as she points out her favorites.

 

You walk toward the model foods on the counter. The Kimchee option is a burrito stuffed with kimchee fried rice, egg, bacon, and beans. The Bulgogi wrap is made with white rice, bulgogi, sprouts, and potatoes. The Pork Belly Palooza has glistening pieces of bacon and shiso leaves stuffed into a tortilla, while the Ramen-rito is bursting with orange colored noodles. But you can’t see the prices for any of these.

 

“Looking for the prices? There’re here.” An eager looking cashier with a mound of floppy brown hair holds out a menu.

 

“Er,” you glance at his neatly printed name tag, “thanks, Jimin.”

 

“You’re welcome! Let me know if you have any questions! It’s a pleasure having you here at Koreo Burrito!”

 

You grin at his earnestness and he winks back. Then you look at the menu and almost drop it. The cheapest option is ten dollars and that’s for cheese fries! The burritos are all over twenty dollars. What was this place? You glare at the model burritos. They looked rather small in size now.

 

“Hey, guys?” you turn towards the others behind you, “are we gonna share or—”

 

“Why don’t we get all of them and some loaded fries? They’re the best!” Byul cheerfully says as she slings an arm around Yongsun’s shoulders. Yongsun instantly blushes and slaps her arm away. “We’re in public Moon Byulyi!”

 

You look down at the menu again. The loaded fries with bacon, sour cream, scallions, and cheese are a whopping fifteen dollars. But before you can speak Krystal marches toward the front.

 

“We’ll take one of each, the loaded fries, and four bottled waters,” Krystal tells Jimin as she slides a shiny black metal card over the counter.

 

Your stomach drops. That would be over one hundred dollars worth of food. At a freaking casual burrito place.

 

“Uh, ma’am, we only take cash here, sorry,” the he apologetically says with a deep bow.

 

“Are you kidding me? What sort of place doesn’t take Amex?”

 

“I’m very sorry ma’am, but we don’t take card.”

 

Krystal just gives him a look of disbelief before Byul nudges her out of the way. She digs into her pocket and slaps two crumpled hundred dollar bills on the counter.

 

“No change.” Byul smirks at Krystal. “Now you owe me dinner.”

 

As Jimin reaches forward to take the cash, you internally debate if you should stop him. But what would you say? That you can’t afford it? You can’t say that in front of all these people. So you glumly watch him deposit the money in the till. You’re going to have to work five extra tutoring shifts this week to cover that meal. This is why you never let other people pay for you. You resignedly turn to Byul.

 

“Hey Byul, I promise I’ll pay you back later this week when I can make that up—”

 

She waves you off. “Nah don’t worry about it. You can get next time!”

 

You can’t understand these rich people. What if next time was more expensive than this time?

 

“If it’s all the same to you, I’d rather just give you cash,” you quietly say.

 

Moonbyul opens to argue but Krystal places a restraining hand on her arm.

 

“All right.”

 

Just then a boy with a shaggy head of hair steps out of the back kitchen. He’s balancing a tray with all the food on his pointer finger while bouncing a basketball with his other hand.

 

“JK, careful! Those burritos are for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter