Change of Pace

Late Nights Make Me Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal’s POV

 

Now

 

You can’t fall asleep. The words Amber shouted still ring in your ears. You turn onto your side, hoping to find a more comfortable position. The bed feels so big and empty. You involuntarily think back to last week, how you had curled up next to Kai.

 

Then

 

“You like this,” he had sighed as he slid his hands in between your legs. You thought about how even when he was whispering he still sounded harsh.

 

“Kai, stop,” you had weakly asked, but he didn’t, and the hot wetness spreading across your thighs made you give in eventually.

 

Now

 

You aren’t sure if you want him in your bed anymore. Amber was right. It wasn’t normal the way Kai had treated you. You shudder when you remember how he had towered over you in the brunch room.

 

Then

 

“You think you can leave me?” he had breathed, his black eyes boring into yours. You cowered but refused to look away. He just smiled and stepped closer to you, his boots crunching on the broken plates. You felt tears prick your eyes. That was your sister’s favorite china set she had given you, for when you wanted to remember home.

 

Kai saw how you looked down at the china. He grinned and ground his heel into a cracked blue and white bowl, crushing it into dust. You knew telling him to stop would be useless. He bent down until his face was level with yours.

 

“You think you don’t need me?”

 

Don’t back down, you told yourself.

 

“I—I don’t!”

 

“I—I don’t!” he mimicked you. “You’re terrified of me, aren’t you Krystal? Woof!” He barked right in your face and you fell back until you slammed against the wall.

 

There was never any escape from him.

 

He guffawed and sauntered forward, pressing his chest against yours. The overwhelming scent of his cologne made you gag but you tried to not blink.

 

“You know, the way you’re standing up to me right now is kind of y. I could get used to it,” he murmurs, trailing one finger up and down your neck. “But I hate to ask, where did you learn this bravery? Did that thing in here teach you?”

 

“Amber’s not a thing,” you heard yourself say.

 

Kai narrowed his eyes.

 

“Looks like I’ll have to teach you some manners.” He took a step back and cracked his neck. You knew you should’ve run then. But your feet were rooted to the spot. He meticulously rolled up his sleeves. You knew this sequence all too well, after every time he drank. But he seemed stone cold sober now. “I hope you know this is for your own good. My mother and father would never want me to marry someone who didn’t know how to listen. So listen to me now.”

 

He carefully raised his right hand, emotionless eyes on your trembling mouth.

 

“Never see Amber again.”

 

But as he said Amber’s name, a sudden warmth blossomed throughout your body and you unfroze. You found your feet and as he swung his arm down, you ducked and dashed away from underneath.

 

Now

 

You look at the door but it’s still closed. You shouldn’t be in here. Amber should be on the bed and you should be on the couch. Amber’s the reason you’re not with Kai now, playing his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter