Consequences

Late Nights Make Me Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal’s POV

 

You feed Amber until the burger’s gone.

 

“Still hungry?” you ask.

 

“No, I’m good. That was delicious, thanks!”

 

The way Amber’s eyes crinkle, how they seem to warm you right to your core, makes you lean over and place a soft kiss on those pink lips.  

 

“You’re welcome, babe.”

 

You freeze. That wasn’t supposed to come out—you two weren’t there yet…or were you?

 

Amber seems to catch onto the flavor of your thoughts.

 

“I like how that sounds. Babe.”

 

You can’t take any more of Amber’s burning gaze. If you stayed in the room any longer, you’d just end up jumping into bed and ripping off your clothes.

 

“Um, I’m going to get some water! Be right back!”

 

You dash from the bed and zoom out the door. As you leave, you can’t help but look over shoulder. Amber’s staring open-mouthed at you.

 

Smack!

 

Someone small collides with you and you sprawl on the ground.

 

“What the fu—!”

 

Lying on top of you is Dr. Bae.

 

She looks down at you and immediately reddens.

 

“Ah, sorry!”

 

You glare at her.

 

“Get off of me. Now.”

 

She scrambles to her feet and offers you her hand which you ignore.

 

“I’m so sorry about that! I guess I didn’t see where I was going and bumped into you.”

 

You fold your arms.

 

“You just came and checked up on Amber. Why were you coming into this room again?”

 

Dr. Bae hesitates, looking you up and down as if sizing you up.

 

“Actually, I came to speak with you. Do you have a minute?”

 

You want to say no, but she piqued your interest.

 

“Me? What is this about?”

 

Dr. Bae simply points down the hallway.

 

“Coffee?”

 

You peek back through the open doorway and see Amber’s eyes closed. All those carbs probably caused that. You turn back to Dr. Bae and nod.

 

“Fine. But you’re buying.”

 

Dr. Bae starts walking down the hallway. Although she’s a few inches shorter than you, she races ahead, and you actually have to half-jog to keep up. But she slows down once she passes the large nurse’s station and waits for you by the elevators.

 

“What’s your poison?”

 

You ponder that question for a minute as you wait for the elevator to arrive. The doors open and both of you step inside.

 

“I guess today I’m feeling like a double shot latte. You?”

 

She makes a face.

 

“I hate coffee.”

 

“But you suggested it,” you point out.

 

She shrugs.

 

“Isn’t that what most people like?”

 

The elevator slows to a halt and the doors smoothly slide open. Dr. Bae exits and you follow her into a noisy cafeteria.

 

“So, what’re you going to drink then if not coffee?”

 

She doesn’t answer the question. Instead, she leads you over to a small pop up drink station.

 

“Can I have a latte with two shots of espresso and a black tea?” she asks.

 

The lady behind the counter gives her a smile and rings up the order. Dr. Bae pulls out her wallet and carefully places a twenty-dollar bill next to the cash register.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter