Unlocking The Heart

Late Nights Make Me Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You half drag Krystal into the café to collect your belongings. Dumping her unceremoniously in a booth, you quickly stuff your laptop into your backpack. The fan fiction can wait until tomorrow and besides you weren’t really into writing more anyways. You didn’t know if Krystal had food in her room so you pad over to the cupboards along the wall and using Victoria’s master key, open one and pull out a loaf of bread and some cheese. The theft makes you feel guilty so you run over to the cash register and deposit some money. Victoria’ll find it later. Placing the food in your backpack, you close it and sling it over your back before walking over to Krystal. She’s humming quietly to herself and watching you with glassy eyes.

 

“Ready?” you whisper.

 

For some reason, bringing Krystal into the café feels like an invasion of Victoria’s trust, but you shake off that feeling. Krystal nods and stands, steadier than before. She follows you out of the doors and absentmindedly fiddles with her hair as you turn off the lights and lock the door.

 

“I’m tired. I –hic- don’t wanna walk,” Krystal complains as you set off towards the North Quad.

 

You look back at her. She really does look exhausted, head bowed and shoulders sagging.

 

“Do you want me to carry you?” you joke.

 

“Yes please,” Krystal says seriously.

 

Well, you walked right into that one. If you didn’t have a back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter