ninee

More Than A Game

She meekly follows behind him, no doubt surprised/ in shock that she not only has to be a manager, but also their room mate. Fair enough though, what kind of father endorses his daughter living with twelve single young men?? Not that there’s anything to worry about, everyone’s harmless, but she doesn’t know that. She drags her suitcase along the tiles while Kris takes her duffel bag. Not gonna lie, the way she swung it so easily at the airport gave him the impression it was light but boy this was hard work. Now that he thought about it, Mr. Choi mentioned she got physical with someone as well. If anyone is vulnerable with this new living arrangement, it's definitely not her- it’s these defenseless boys. Kris looks around the dormitory and is greeted by silence. All that talking made them lose track of time but it’s nearly midnight now. He was able to see everyone before his meeting with Mr. Choi when he went to put away his luggage- and was welcomed by massive bear hugs, headlocks and a lot of questioning as to where their souvenirs from Canada were. Especially Tao, devastated that his favourite bro didn’t stop by Gucci duty free. He was only away for three weeks but he really missed the boys.

 

Just about to lead Mr. Choi’s daughter to the only empty room in the dorm, Kris notices a light illuminating the dining area. He peers in the living area and sees Suho reading a book which has photos of aeroplanes on the front cover. Always reading something, that guy. Suho lifts his eyes from the pages and looks ahead to notice Kris. ‘Why aren’t you asleep yet?’

‘I wanted to personally welcome our new manager,’ Suho replies in a gentle voice. He smiles down at her and extends his hand, ‘Hi, I’m Suho. I’m co-leader of Exo and leader of Exo-K. Don’t hesitate to ask for anything while you’re here. I’m looking forward to working with you!’ he beams at her. If he only knew what a violent monkey this girl was. She shakes his hand and nods. ‘Thank you, I’ll do my best.’ She bows down and then attempts to hide a yawn, her eyes watering as she tries to restrain herself. Guess she’s had a long day as well. Suho also mirrors his thoughts, ‘Kris, why don’t you show Ms. Choi to her room. She’s got a big day tomorrow.’ Kris nod in agreement and asks her to follow him. She bows one last time to Suho and scrambles along his side.

 

Where on earth was his bow? Granted they met under different circumstances but he got scalding coffee on his delicate body and Suho gets a respectful bow, what the heck??? Sulking, he opens the door to her room, where their old manager who just began paternity leave used to reside. He was still acting as their manager, but because he couldn’t live with them, Exo was struggling to keep up with their schedule. Kris looks at Ahri who is taking in her bedroom. I wonder if she’s going to be any help or make this situation even more difficult to deal with? He walks over to her bed, touching the doona covers and she tenses up, eyes wide. ‘I’m just leaving your bag, can you relax?’ he replies, lowkey offended by how shameful she thinks he is. ‘You’re the one who is a danger to me, remember!?’ He knows he’s being bitter, but he had to throw out his favourite shirt. Surely, he was allowed to indulge some emotional blackmail at least. She looks genuinely troubled and puts her head down. He was about to say ‘lol jk, jk’ when she begins speaking.

 

‘Listen Blonde Dev- I mean, Kris. I really don’t know what to say. Sorry for spilling coffee over you and hitting you with my bag. And being a lousy seat mate. And badmouthing you to the taxi driver.’ Wow, the more she spoke the more annoyed he became with the memories of their day together. But he had to give her credit,  he didn’t know the sassy monkey was capable of apologising. ‘Also, thank you for carrying my bags and showing me around. I appreciate it. I wish we could just redo our first meeting and start again,’ she mutters. Now Kris was 100% stumped. Was this the same girl who almost drilled holes into his forehead in the taxi? Or the same girl who was yelling at the top of her lungs with her father saying she would work with anyone but him?  He rubs the back of his head and ponders, ‘So why don’t we?’ he gently asks. She looks up with hopeful eyes, and it was strange seeing them emanate positive vibes rather than death stares. She actually looked really cute looking up at him like that. Wait, did he honestly just think that?? Abort. Abort. Abort. He was just delirious because it’s late, jetlag, chaotic day and [insert excuse here] etc.

‘Seriously?’ he hears her enquire, snapping him back to reality. ‘Yeah, I don’t see the harm in it.’ Extending his hand out, he half bows and introduces himself. ‘Hi, I’m Kris Wu. Pleasure to meet you.’ She just stares at him for a moment, not even a strand of hair moves an inch so he naturally begins to feel stupid. What if she’s trolling him and he fell right for it? Then she hesitantly smiles and shakes her hand with his, which felt soft but strong against his skin and also bowed. ‘Hi, I’m Ahri Choi. Pleasure to meet you Kris.’  She raises her head but sees Kris still bowing so averts her eyes and bows again while Kris looks up to see her head still in a bowing position. They look up at each other, a silent pause between them, and they awkwardly bow again for about two more times before they both burst out in laughter. ‘I think it’s time we called it a night.’ Kris says when they both calm down. ‘Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow. Night Wu.’ ‘Night Choi.’ He closes the door to her room and walks out to the corridor, into his room shared with Tao. It had been a long day. As his head hits the pillow, he falls fast asleep- the last thought on his mind, I got more bows than Suho.


lolol idk if i want them to be peaceful or sworn enemies hahaha

today's vibessss 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4l9bFqgMaQ