fourteenn

More Than A Game

Kris Wu is many things. He’s charming, he’s charismatic, he’s polite, he’s funny, he’s handsom-- I mean, you get the picture. A feeling Kris has become recent acquaintances with however, is confusion. And you better believe, he is confused as fk at the scene in front of him. His usual uninterested and self absorbed girlfriend, Hana, is acting like a totally different person. From the minute he entered the restaurant, her arms have been laced around his as if they were superglued or something. She keeps laughing loudly at everything that comes out of his mouth. ‘Hey, can you see where the restrooms are?’ ‘Do you reckon we can sit down for a bit?’ ‘Hana, I really need you to let go so I can use the bathroom.’

‘HAHAHAH,’ she bellows every time. ‘Kris, you’re so funny.’ He smiles, unsure where the humor lies in those statements but it’s a change.

 

To the public, Kris Wu and Hana Lee are the SM Sweethearts. Met during trainee days, became closer when they debuted and one year ago, transformed into the hottest and cutest couple the country had seen. Well, that was the official story.

 

It was more of a publicity stunt, thought up by the girl herself, in order to generate more talk when Hana launched her modelling career. At first, Kris did not mind because they were honestly good friends when they first met. The two were both born and raised in Canada, shared a love for basketball and were both experiencing Korea for the first time. In fact, when Mr. Choi requested he help Hana with her debut, Kris couldn’t help but hope there was some genuine feelings behind her proposal. All those expectations were shot to the ground because the second it was announced they were dating, she left him cold turkey. Maybe not intentionally, but her schedule was so busy they barely had time to meet up or message each other. And when they did, it always had to be in a public setting, either in the mall or in a well known cafe, Kris quickly realised the time they spent together wasn’t for each other but for the newspaper tabloids and gossip columns. He was frustrated, angry even upset at her blatant manipulation, I mean she could at least be subtle at how she was using him. However, no matter how annoyed he felt with the way their relationship developed, there remained a small hope that they could at least return to being the close mates they once were. Which brings us back to the present moment.

 

Hana is now on her fifth glass of champagne, all handed to her by Ahri, who has assumed the role of her waitress for the evening. Kris sits next to Hana on these round tables, unsure why the usually fiery Ahri is so submissive today. She looks very feminine tonight, her dress the shade of wine hugging her body, highlighting her hourglass frame. He was lost for words back at the house when he first saw her and the same still applies. She sits down next to Lola, muttering something out of her breath whilst Lola wraps her arm around Ahri’s shoulders and pats her hair. Kris turns to Hana, who is watching Ahri converse with Lola like a hawk. He cannot pinpoint why but it’s obvious there is heavy tension surrounding the two of them. She sighs deeply and downs her glass of champagne. ‘Hana, you should probably call it a night.’ Kris says out of concern. Hana turns to him, smiling sweetly, ‘Honey, I’m just getting started.’ She finishes Kris’ drink as well and shouts towards Lola’s table. ‘Ahri! We need a refill!’ Ahri doesn’t seem to hear so Hana tries to call her again when Kris hushes her. ‘Hana, stop. I’ll get it for you. Let Ahri enjoy the party.’ He walks away from his table, slightly annoyed when Hana abruptly grabs his arm and leads him to the restroom of the restaurant. Her face is flushed from all her drinking, her arms which are covered in goosebumps due to the evening chill are folded firmly as she glares at him. Kris shrugs off his suit blazer and places it around her shoulders. ‘What’s going on Hana? You’re not acting like yourself.’  ‘What’s going on? You tell me Kris! She pulls his blazer tight around her. ‘Why are you so protective over some stranger? Are you in love with her?!’ she asks in a venomous tone. Kris stares back bewildered. ‘Hana, listen to yourself! Who are you talking about?’

‘You know who I’m talking about. The new manager you’ve been ogling all night.’

‘What on earth- Oh no, Ahri?!?! Hana, you’ve been on her back since we got here. What’s your issue with her?’ Kris conveniently ignores the last part of her statement because he cannot deny he had been staring.

‘She’s the absolute worst Kris.’ Hana’s flushed cheeks burn brighter. ‘I hate every little cell that flows in her body,’ she whispers vehemently. Kris is taken aback with her brutal honesty.

‘Why?’ he simply asks. Her eyes, previously overcome with anger, now fill with tears.

‘Because…’ she starts, her fists clenched.

‘Yes, because…?’ Kris pushes on. The party is in full swing outside and he can hear voices also coming in and out of the restaurant. Hana looks to her side, monitoring who could be listening.

‘My boyfriend cheated on me with that . There. Are you happy?’ She mutters under her breath.

His mouth falls to the ground, definitely not expecting that. Ahri didn’t seem like the type to steal anyone’s boyfriend. ‘She betrays everyone and poisons everything she touches,’ she carries on, whilst Kris processes her words. Hana sneers as if she can read his mind. ‘You’re seriously doubting me, aren’t you?’ Kris looks at her uneasily. ‘You’re actually choosing some chick you just met over your friend of over two years. Wow. Great to know I have such a loyal boyfriend.’ She slumps to the floor, most likely due to the high levels of alcohol. The boyfriend comment stings Kris - he tries his best to be what she wants for him but instead of starting an argument,  he stays silent. Hana is clearly very drunk and hurt- now is not the time ‘Hana,  I can understand why you’re upset. I’m sorry that happened to you, it . But I would never do anything to hurt our friendship- you know that,’ he attempts to reassure her. She looks at him through hooded lids, ‘Kris, promise me you’ll never trust her. I know we’re not a real thing but promise me you’ll never fall in love with her.’ Kris searches her eyes, trying to see if this is another one of her games. But in front of him lies a broken girl, pleading with him. ‘Okay,’ he breathes.

‘I need to hear it. That you’ll never fall in love with a like Ahri. Say it.’ she demands, tears falling down. Holy, Hana needs to see a psychologist because the girl has issues. He hears some shuffling in the background and realises someone is about to come into the restroom. ‘Hana, we need to leave. Do you want to go home or do you feel alright to sit outside for a bit? I think they’re going to present the MV for Overdose.’ He stretches his arm forward so Hana can hoist herself up. Hana holds his hands but doesn’t make any attempt to move. ‘Kris, say it. Please.’ There is knocking outside the door. ‘Just a minute!!’ Hana sing songs whilst tightening her grip on Kris’s hand.

With a heavy sigh, he repeats what she said, ‘Okay. Does that make you feel better?’ The knocking becomes more prominent. Hana stands up and hugs him tightly. ‘Thank you Kris. This honestly means alot to me. I’ll meet you outside, I just need to fix my make-up.’ Kris nods, relieved that her crying has stopped. He opens the door and finds a stressed out Luhan behind the door. ‘GEEZ KRIS WHAT THE HECK?? WERE YOU READING AN ENCYCLOPEDIA IN THERE? I’M ABOUT TO PISS MY PANTS!’ Luhan tries to dodge him and go inside the bathroom but Kris pulls his ear. ‘Sorry mate, Hana is fixing herself up there. Here, I’ll show you the second bathroom.’ He begins walking down the corridor whilsts Luhan follows. ‘THERE’S A SECOND BATHROOM?? Mate, I would’ve appreciated you telling me before I wasted ten minutes knocking on that door. Also, hooking up in the bathroom? Real romantic and sanitary Kris.’ Kris ignores Luhan and opens the door to the second set of restrooms. ‘Believe me, it’s not what you think.’ Luhan scoffs, ‘I’m sureeee… At least remember to  be safe please, we don’t need a little Kris running havoc in the dorms.’ Kris attempts to whack him but Luhan quickly hops into the stall and closes the door. ‘I’m gonna kick your outside!’ Kris warns as he leaves a giggling Luhan. Hana is waiting for him to walk back outside to the party, all dolled up again and another drink in hand. ‘Sweety, don’t leave me alone for so longgg. I miss you,’ she squeals as they sit down at the Exo table. The rest of the boys roar in laughter, repeating what she said and patting Kris on the back. ‘Lovebirds these days,’ Suho grins while Luhan hurries back to the table, winking at Kris.

 

Kris smiles, happy the atmosphere has lightened up. He subconsciously turns his head to Ahri’s table where Lola and the rest of the make-up+ styling team are teaching Ahri Korean drinking games. She giggles, without a care in the world and it’s refreshing to see her at such ease. Kris finds himself smiling widely because her smile is contagious. However, he snaps out of it when hears one of the directors announce a preview of Overdose will be played. Everyone gathers closer, Ahri and Lola walk up to the Exo table and focus their attention to the screen on the stage. The first two minutes of the music video play and the crowd proudly cheer at how wonderfully the video came out. The dance, the costumes and the videography- everything was perfect and turned out better than they expected. Kris looks at his boys like a proud father. They have come so, so, so far since their debut. The director walks on stage, expressing his gratitude and appreciation for everyone's hard work. ‘We are still in the final editing phase, but I would like to thank every single one of you for your efforts. I look forward to working on more projects in the future.’ A round of applause fills the air and Ahri turns to the boys, beaming. ‘Well done guys!! It looks terrific!’ Her eyes are teary, almost as if she is crying with pride. The boys get up to bear hug her but Kris remains in his seat, watching s lift her in the air and chant her name.  She scolds them to let her down but is laughing wholeheartedly. Kris almost forgets this girl has betrayed the woman sitting in front of him. Hana’s smiling but her jaw is clenched and her fists are tucked underneath her legs. ‘Kris, come help! We’re chucking Ahri up in the air!’ Sehun exclaims, trying to pull him up from his seat.  ‘No thanks, I’m fine here,’ he gently rejects him. What if Ahri betrays Exo? Sehun mutters something about him being a buzzkill and goes back to Ahri who squeals as they push her up in the air. ‘You s! Stop fondling my ,’ she hollers, searching her surroundings for help. She looks around and finally, Kris’ eyes meet hers. She smiles at him, giving him a thumbs up sign but Kris blankly stares back. Her smile disappears as she watches him walk to Hana's seat, whisper something in her ear and grab their belongings. Kris says his farewell to the director, the rest of the staff and then the couple walk out of the restaurant; only one thing playing on his mind, Ahri Choi is not be trusted.

 


HELLO!! I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING LIFE BEEN CRAY BUT IM SO HAPPY TO GET THIS CHAPTER OUT BECAUSE JUICY JUICE ABOUT TO BE SERVEDDDD 

Also, CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT BTS' COMEBACK HOLY HOLY HOLYYYYY THE ALBUM IS LIT MIC DROP CHOREO IS LIT EVERYBODY SERVING LOOKS AND GIVING LIFE 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vnMeXU4Q-g