teeen

More Than A Game

My slumber is rudely interrupted by loud voices and laughter. I groan as I try reach the alarm clock which reads 6.15am. You have got to be joking. As an athlete, I’m accustomed to earlier starts but the jet lag has me yawning so wide I’m worried the edges of my lips will tear open.  Tear open- an action my shut eyes are also absolutely are resisting. Wow, so ready and energised to take on my first day! I finally succeed and observe the scene in front of me. My new bedroom is super minimalistic, and dark grey in colour. There’s a king-sized single bed with a mattress obviously made of magic and clouds because I fell asleep as soon as I touched it, a simple dresser and a work desk with a bookshelf mounted about it.  But the best thing by far is the view. I get out of bed, push away the curtains of the window and see my first sunrise in Korea. Level 48 seems to be one of the highest floors on the building, and I look down and see Seoul city below me. People already are walking outside, their days have already started. On the horizon, I can see the suburban homes, shopping centres, and everything looks so cozy with a warm, orange hue in the background. I turn away and start to make the bed, a habit instilled in me by my mother since I can remember. It’s not the flashiest or biggest room in the world, but it does the job. My supreme detective skills deduce it may be the former manager’s room as the everything about the room screams plain and practical. Just my aesthetic. I hear more laughing in the kitchen and decide it’s time to actually head out. I open my suitcase, pick up my toiletries bag and head out the door, ready to tell everyone to shut the heck up because it’s 6.30 for heaven’s sake.

 

However, silence ensues the moment I open my door. I don’t need to say anything, my presence seems to have done the trick. As soon as I shut my door behind me, I feel twelve pairs of eyes drilling into me from the corridor where the kitchen is. Suho is smiling gently and Kris is giving me a ‘are you serious look’ and the rest of the 10 boys just gawk.

Two minutes pass with them staring at me and me reciprocating, unsure of what to do.

 

‘What is that?’ My poor korean language skills hear a rainbow coloured boy ask.

‘OMG I think a homeless person broke in,’ another boy with sharp bone structure says.

‘Sehun, Tao you stupid maknaes, I think it’s a girl,’ a deer looking guy replies.

‘OMG I think a homeless girl broke in,’ the guy called Tao says again while Rainbow looks around in genuine confusion ‘Don’t girls wear cute, short, silky nighties? What is that?? She’s dressed like a grandpa!’  ‘Guys why aren’t we calling security? She’s obviously a sasaeng stalker fan. Call someone up to take her out Suho!’ a guy with wide owl eyes also chimes in. I just stand there, in shock, taking in this  in this sweet, warm welcome. Kris is near the sink, behind everybody, looking constipated trying to hold his coffee in and mask his laughter while the other boys continue to stare in wonder/disgust/curiosity/ mixture of all three? That boy. Did he not think to maybe, just maybe, give the rest of the group a heads up. I feel like we had started on the wrong foot, so yesterday I apologised and asked to do re-do our meeting. But the tall fk is shaking so hard with laughter as the boys continue to question just what I could be. I look down to what at my attire, my worn out Simpsons trackies and stained oversized hoodie feeling offended by their remarks. I also conveniently remember that my room has no mirror so I have no clue what my hair looks like but I  bet it’s not going to feature in any style magazines for best hairdo anytime soon. In hindsight, I could’ve changed into something more professional for my first meeting but its six bloody thirty in the morning. A girl’s allowed to be human.

I bow, clutching my toiletries bag which I’m so glad is opaque because all I stuffed all my pads in there, and laugh nervously. ‘Good morning, I’m Ahri Choi. Starting today I will be acting as your new manager.’

For some reason I thought that would reduce the glaring and tension in the room, but it only adds to the  silence until Tao starts giggling, ‘Guys, omg did you hear what the hobo girl is saying? She’s our manager?!’ The rest of the boys take a final look at me, scrutinising me from head to toe,  and then start bursting into laughter along with Tao, high-fiving each other, exclaiming ‘Good one, Good one.’

After a few light hearted laughs, Suho clears his throat, walks up to stand beside me and announces to the group. ‘Now boys, this is not a joke. Manager Choi is the daughter of Mr. Choi and she will in fact be managing us. I trust you will do your best to get along with each other and treat her with respect.’ This shuts everyone up and a look of disbelief replacing their wide smiles, Sehun and Tao paralysed with their mouths wide open, while Kris nonchalantly looks at his phone. Suho walks me out of the kitchen and leads us to one of the bathrooms, showing me the rest of the dormitory while I hear several, ‘Is he high, what is the meaning of this?’ “Ay, somebody check the calendar is it April Fools?’ ‘Hey Chanyeol, DON’T STEAL MY TOAST!’

Suho finishes showing me the third bathroom, advising me none of the boys really use it because it’s fairly small, and the furthest away from their bedrooms and living areas so if I liked, it could be my personal bathroom during my stay. I take him up on the offer, sighing in relief now that I know I don’t have to use the same washroom along with twelve boys who I literally don’t know. As Suho leaves the bathroom, he apologised on behalf of the group, telling me they don’t mean to be rude and that they’re merely confused. These boys sure know how to be confused in a rude af way but I give them the benefit of the doubt. I smile and casually shrug it off, ‘I understand this is a change for all of us so don’t sweat it.’ He gives me an appreciative smile and closes the door.

Okay, time to get started. I begin to get my toothbrush ready and look- AND OMG WTF IS THAT, my eyes bewilder as I stare at my reflection for the first time today. Instantly, all my saltiness about the boys’ comments disappear because o.m.g, I look like I just came out of a jungle. My hair is a bird’s nest (which I lowkey expected), my face sports at least 12 pimples which were definitely not there yesterday, my hoodie is actually inside out (and still has stains), and my eyes…. My eyelids are soo puffy, you can’t even see my pupils. I mean, a girl is allowed to be human sure, but people would have a hard time believing I’m the same species. I literally resemble an alien. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not overly concerned with my looks and I’m not out here trying to become Korea’s next top model- but for some reason, after seeing the boys in the morning with such clear skin and effortlessly styled hair, I was lulled in a false sense of security that I might actually also look as effortlessly beautiful. How wrong I was. Damn, better get used to it- this is what I get for living with 12 really hot bishounens. What a great start to the day. I close my eyes and take deep breathes. Focus your energy girl. I put my hands on the sink and  look at my reflection in the mirror. Okay Choi, it’s time to get it together. Hobo girl or not, you’re get out there and show those boys just what you are. Exo vs Ahri. Game On.


omg i just saw a video about foods idols are banned from eating and it said bread r u kiddin bread is bae im shooketh

sunday party bgm lit lit pow pow 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4w8IbQTJpY