fivee

More Than A Game

‘Kris, why must you be so handsome?’ Bikini Girl 1 fawns over his topless physique rubbing sunscreen over his back. ‘He fell out of heaven silly. Could an ordinary man could match the perfection that is Kris Wu?’ Bikini Girl 2 giggles in response. Kris grins as he basks in warm sunlight, the sand act as a soft, mushy, heated mattress against his torso. ‘Kris, turn around, let us feed you grapes!’ Bikini Girl 2 exclaims. ‘As you wish ladies,’ Kris turns around and props himself on his shoulders, taking in the pink hued sky and the large beach in front of him. There’s coconuts under the palm trees and judging by the fact they’re the only ones at the beach, they are all for him.

The girls are giggling, blushing from the sight of his well defined abs. He munches on the grapes they dangle above his mouth, every sound that comes out of their mouth, a praise for the Almighty Kris Wu. He realises there was only one thing missing from making this his paradise, his happy place. As if paradise could read his mind, he immediately hears the laughs of his siblings playing in the ocean, splashing their Ma as she tells them to come back to the shore. They run up to her and start eating the food she has prepared. The Bikini Girls are still loudly fangirling over Kris, so he strains his ears to understand what his Ma is saying to them. ‘Please, it doesn’t hurt to ask,’ he roughly makes out. Confused, Kris stands up and begins towards his family. ‘I actually really dislike flying business class, surely you wanna give this seat to someone who would appreciate it!’ The voice becomes clearer now, and while it sounds familiar, it is definitely not his mother.

He hears more about switching seats to economy class and the paradise surrounding him slowly dissipates, including the image of his family, as the voice gets louder and prominent. When it fades to complete darkness, Kris opens his eyes and looks at the airplane cabin in front of him. He glances at his watch and it reads 10.51am. It’s been a long, long morning to say the least. Looking down at his shirt, he is feeling super grateful that his mother made him pack a set of spare clothes in his carry on meaning he now doesn’t have to smell like coffee for the next 13 hours. He puts a hand to his cheek and winces as it still feels sore. What kind of person doesn’t apologise after spilling coffee AND smacking you in the face with a stupidly over-sized bag?!? He even had to throw out his favourite blue shirt. Ugh, people are rude af. Okay, whatever, it’s already happened, no point getting mad about it. Positive thinking right? He focuses on the fact the plane is meant to depart in four minutes and it looks like the seat next to him is free. Yes, score~ free from having to make awkward small talk on a long flight. The loud voice from his dream catches his attention again and he turns his head to the source of the sound.

He sees the back of a tall figure, with dark brown hair cascading down to her shoulder blades, wearing an outfit he is pretty sure he’s seen somewhere before. The air hostess opposite her is clearly nodding her head no and keeps bowing down as if she was saying sorry. He looks around at his fellow passengers and can see they are just as intrigued/ annoyed by this voice that is getting increasingly louder each second. ‘Look, you don’t understand. I will not, I CANNOT sit in that seat. Move me anywhere else, I’ll sit on the toilet for the entire journey if I have to.’ Wooow, someone sure is fussy. Kris goes back to adjusting himself for the flight ahead and glances at the time again; 10.53. There’s one thing many would not know about the famous Kris Wu. He hates being late and today, he really needs the plane to depart on time. Why? Because he booked the latest flight possible from Canada to maximise time with his family and still be in time for his schedule; and there is a thirty minute window between when the plane lands in Seoul and when his meeting with his manager begins. 10.54 now. The air hostess keeps replying with the same response, ‘I’m sorry Madam, you have to be seated now otherwise we will not be able to take off.’

‘I’ll be more than happy to sit down if I can sit anywhere other than what this ticket says. Please, I’ll do anything!’ 10.54 and 30 seconds. Unable to resist himself, Kris finds himself walking to the fussy passenger and air hostess. He bows to the Korean Airlines air hostess who is facing him and turns to back of the passenger. ‘Look Madam, I do appreciate that sometimes our seating arrangements do not suit our preferences but you’re holding up the flight and frankly making a scene,’ he says in a calm manner but his polite smile goes unnoticed by the passenger who still has her back towards him. He overlooks her shoulder and sees her seat number. 9B. Damn it, looks like the seat next to him will be occupied after all. But hang on, if it’s the seat next to him, why is she making such a big fuss then? ‘Your seat is right next to mine. There’s heaps of legroom, it's the window seat and a comfortable distance to the bathroom and kitchenette,’ he informs her, highlighting that there is really nothing to complain about. Seconds pass until the passenger slowly turns around and the warm smile of the gentleman known as Kris Wu immediately disappears as he comes face to face with the female thugster who nearly beheaded and burnt him at the airport cafe.