Chapter 3: Feelings.

The Indescribable feeling.

CHAPTER 3.

 

CHAEYOUNG POV

 

I haven’t seen Mina for almost a week already..  Where is she anyway? 

 

 

I heard Nayeon eonnie changing the topic from her lists of favorite brand of lipstick to the curious case of missing Mina. I found myself interested as I am also wondering why I haven’t seen her after I stayed over in their apartment.

 

 

Ever since the day the five of us became a group (gang) , we would always had lunch together or hang out after class. And for four days now (yes, I’m counting it), Mina eonnie is no where to be found.

 

 

Is she sick or something?   Jeongyeon eonnie asked.

 

 

Don’t worry guys, she just need some alone time to sort something..  Sane eonnie answered then winked.

 

 

Did her stalker started to bug her again?   I asked worriedly. 

 

 

Don’t worry Chaeyoung, I’m pretty sure her stalkers learned their lessons already. And I’m just kidding guys. I believe she’s just busy preparing for her ballet recital and I think she’s been spending more of her time with Bambam oppa..

 

 

I suddenly lost my interest but I’m glad to know that her absence doesn’t have to do with her stalkers. At least, she’s safe.

 

 

Oooooohhh.. did they made it official already?   Nayeon exaggeratedly asked.

 

 

She sure did! She better introduce us to him..   Nayeon eonnie can’t stop talking again.

 

 

I’m no longer in the mood to continue hearing their conversations so I excused myself.  There are more important things to do and besides, I need to finish my sketches by today so I can pass it later this afternoon.

 

 

As I’m heading my way to the library, I passed the ballerina hall. I slowed down  and remembered the time I sneaked in and almost got caught for entering the hall without permission.  It was also the first time that I saw Mina eonnie.  No wonder why she looks so familiar when I saw her in the bus.  When I’m about to quicken my pace, I saw Mina eonnie sitting in one of the benches. She seemed to be in deep thoughts as she didn’t notice me sitting beside her.

 

 

Mina eonnie..   I used my aegyo voice as I closely whisper it to her.

 

 

She was startled and almost fall from the bench. I saw how shocked she was and can’t help but to laugh at her expressions .

 

 

Chaeyoung?..    She’s still in the state of shock.

 

 

Mina eonnie.. long time no see…  I told her and gave her my widest smile, showing her my dimple.

 

 

What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be with the others, eating your lunch..

 

 

Shouldn’t you too eonnie? I’m curious about what’s been keeping you busy that you can’t even join us during lunch..  

 

 

Ah..that’s.. that’s because I’m… I’m a.. I’m busy practicing… yeah.. I’m practicing for my recital.

 

 

Do you even eat? I know that your recital is important but you need to eat too so that you will have your energy.   I told her.

 

 

I .. I am Chaeyoung.. Thank you for your concern..  Don’t worry, eonnie is taking care of herself well..

 

 

 

We stayed there silently , not talking for minutes.  I can tell that there’s something bothering her but I don’t want to force her to tell me anything. I’m already fine just by seeing her today.

 

 

Honestly, I kind of miss her.  She didn’t even call me by the nickname that she gave me.

 

 

Eonnie, I have to go..  It was nice to see you again.. 

 

 

I started to grab my things and I'm ready to leave.  When I look at her, she’s looking at me with an unreadable expression. Most of the time, I’m having a hard time reading her. Her expressions were mostly a puzzle to me.

 

 

 

I’ll try to join you guys tomorrow. . 

 

 

That would be great eonnie! The gang misses you already so you better be..  By the way eonnie..

 

 

Yes Chaeyoungie?

 

 

She finally called me by my nickname. 

 

 

You look really pretty today with your ponytail. . .

 

 

I did not have the chance to hear if she responded as I make my way to the library. I better get going if I want to finish my sketches.

 

 

End of POV.

*****************************************************

 

MINA POV

 

I am here at the school gate waiting for Bambam oppa to arrive, as he invited me to have dinner with him tonight.  Ever since the night when I found out that I’m actually attracted to Chaeyoung, I purposely wanted to hang out more with Bambam.

 

 

The attraction that I’m feeling towards her is taking so much emotion and energy from me that I’m starting to get scared.

 

 

No, it was not a normal attraction because I never experienced it from anyone. Not even from Bambam.  Yes, I like Bambam oppa. He’s handsome, gentleman, sweet, caring and all but not enough to make me want him as my boyfriend.

 

 

 

 I like him because he’s likeable.

 

 

I don’t know where my attraction will lead me because it was too strong. At first, I don’t want to mind it or even believe it.  The last time I check, I know I’m straight, but now, this is something that I need to ponder on. I never had any interest with girls before. Not after I saw and get to know Chaeyoung.

 

 

How can I possibly get attracted by simply observing a girl from a far? Finding her amusing with every thing she does.

 

 

 

The fact that she has her own unique world is what makes her attractive. She is sure of her own style so she doesn’t get swayed by her surroundings. She has this artist element in her which makes her a cool woman.  (familiar? This is Mina’s description of Chaeyoung in a Japanese magazine.)

 

 

 I am convincing myself everyday that this attraction is like how Sana eonnie is attracted to girls; that maybe because I want to be like Chaeyoung.

 

 

But I don’t want to be like Chaeyoung. 

 

 

Chaeyeoung’s whole being is the reason why I like her.  And that is something that I don’t want to take away from her.

 

 

Mina eonnie?  ..   I was stopped in my deep thoughts when I heard her voice.

 

 

You’re still here.. who are you waiting for?   She asked.

 

 

I’m  waiting for …   Bambam oppa.. I guess he’ll be late today…

 

 

Oh.. how long have you been waiting? I can accompany you until he comes..

 

 

You don’t need to Chaeyoungie.. Maybe he’ll be here soon..

 

 

It’s okay eonnie. I don’t have a lot of homework to do..  I’m sure it’s boring to wait here alone.

 

 

I let Chaeyoung accompany me as I know that she will not stop insisting. She told me about the time when Jeongyeon is surprisingly patient with Nayeon , that she passed her Calculus exam and Sana’s promise to treat her in the weekend, also getting to know a girl named Tzuyu and how they instantly clicked and a lot more. An hour had passed and Bambam oppa is still no where to be seen.  I looked at my phone and was about to open a message when Chaeyoung held my hand.

 

 

Eonnie.. I’m starting to get hungry.. and we’ve been waiting for more than an hour already… she whined.

 

 

You shouldn’t have waited for me.. I told..

 

 

No eonnie, accompanying you is totally fine with me.. I enjoyed talking to you actually. But maybe that Bambam oppa will not come anymore… So..

 

 

So?..    

 

 

So .. can you just have a date with me instead?  I’ll be the one to treat you dinner tonight.  You can’t say no to me right?   Saying all of these in a firm voice.

 

 

Chaeyoung can be so bold sometimes. Well, it is also one of her characteristics. She’s bold, brave and confident.

 

 

And besides, I missed you since you ditched us over your recital… 

 

 

Tell me how can I say no to this smol bean?

 

 

She did not let me breathe first with all those sweet words and now she intertwined our hands, probably thinking that I would escape.

 

 

Let’s go Chaeyoungie… I’m starving..     I gave her my signature gummy smile and held her hands firmly.

 

 

We arrived at the restaurant which Chaeyoung said was famous for their yukhoe recipe. She remembered that it is my favorite Korean dish; it was so sweet of her. As I was enjoying my food, I notice how good she ate. She stuffs food in more than she could but still manage to eat all of it. She looks so cute though. I can be full just by watching her.

 

After we finished our food, she paid everything. I insisted to share the cost but she stubbornly declined my suggestion.

 

 

Did you enjoy our date eonnie?   

 

 

 We are now in a cab as she doesn’t want to take the bus. She’s leaning in the car seat because she now feel sleepy.

 

 

I enjoyed our dinner date Chaeyoungie.. you brought me to the best restaurant and even paid our food..

Thank you for treating eonnie well..   I might be blushing right now. Good thing it’s already night time.

 

 

 

You’re welcome eonnie.. We’ll never know when will be our next date because I know that there will be Bambam oppa with you already.. I’m just lucky today that he did not arrived…  

 

 

 

I do not know what to say so I did not respond. I just leaned in the car seat and closed my eyes too. I really hope that this will not be the last time that I could hang out with Chaeyoung.

 

 

I arrived at our apartment with Sana eonnie busily watching her favorite drama. I can’t hide the happiness that I’m feeling as I greeted her enthusiastically (even though it’s already past 10 pm).

 

 

Sana eonnie I’m home!

 

 

Wow! You still got a lot of energy Minari.. Have you eaten already?

 

 

Yes eonnie.. I had dinner with a friend…

 

 

Oh.. By the way, Bambam oppa went here. He said you and him supposed to have dinner together but he can’t contact you.

 

 

I opened my phone and saw 15 messages from him. I suddenly feel guilty and sorry for him. I shouldn’t have read his message first and did not turned off my phone;  but because  I’m too excited to hang out with Chaeyoung, I neglected him.

 

 

Minari are you okay?  Sana eonnie asked me worriedly.

 

 

Yes eonnie..  

 

 

I think I’m going insane.

 

End of POV.

 

 

**********************************************************

 

Another update! :) 

I'm a little worried about my story. :(  

I hope you guys can tell me your thoughts.

Is my story relatable? Am I making my story clear or is there blurry details? Am I too slow? 

I hope we can interact someday.

 

And please don't forget to UPVOTE.. if you're liking my story. At least i would know.

Thank you in advance and enjoy! 

P.S Sorry for grammar errors.