Chapter 1: Beautiful: First Storm

The Indescribable feeling.

​​​​​Chaeyoung's POV

 

Sitting at the back of the bus, blasting my favorite song with my headphone until I arrived at the university I’m attending, has been my routine everyday. My parents’ been offering to send me or even wanted me to drive their car but I would always turn them down almost immediately.

 

Honestly, I love commuting on my own.  For most people, they may find this inconvenient specially whenever they will need to squeeze in along the way.. (which happens most of the time).

 

As for me, commuting always gives me a sense of ADVENTURE.

 

A feeling that anytime or moment, a real action might happen and of course, I don’t want to miss it!

 

A thinking that one day, something unexpected will come my way.

 

Something that will get me excited.. (which I will definitely not have if I’m stucked at my parents’ car).

 

Something. . .

 

Something. . .  just something..  well, to be honest, I’m not sure what I’m looking for..  (T.T)

 

I was lucky to already be comfortably seated inside the bus when rain started to pour. Most of the time, I will need to wait for a few minutes before I could sit, but I noticed that there are unusually few passengers today. Maybe it has something to do with me, being late as I forgot to set my alarm clock last night.

 

My body started to relax when “Beautiful”, a song from Crush (name of the singer lol..) started playing. Surprisingly, I appreciated it a little bit more today as I find the song complementing the weather. Then the bus had a sudden stop, letting more people to come in. Suddenly, a girl who seemed in a hurry hastily comes in and I easily recognized her as one of the students in my university. Rain is pouring heavily outside and from what I observed,  she doesn’t have any umbrella, a better explanation why she look so drenched. She practically look like a wet penguin. Well, she look liked a penguin to me.  

 

A beautiful one.

 

She’s wearing an oversized black hoodie and a mini short?  That anyone will think she doesn’t even have any, showing her perfect white legs. How could she wear something like that with this kind of weather?  

 

 If I’m in her situation right now, I bet, I will look like a  big mess but instead, she look so good with her wet hair and red lipstick, showing her puckered lips more. I know it’s rude to look but I can’t help it.

 

Then a guy entered. I didn’t failed to notice the tensed, panic or is it fear? That I saw in the girl’s face as she begin to walk and search.  When her dark brown eyes found mine, her lips curled up into a soft, shy smile, making me more intrigued. And as if on cue, she run to my spot and slipped her right arm into mine. She’s now looking at me intently and telling me something I did not understand because I’m too surprised that I wasn’t able to turn off my ipod . I found myself nodding as if I’m understanding the whole situation when suddenly she rest her head on my shoulder. I can feel her grip tightening, so is my heart. Skinship with someone you barely know is kind of scary you know.

 

Okay. So now, someone is being dangerously close to me and I’m trapped in the situation wherein I shouldn’t be in the first place but I chose to ignore it. She clearly needs help and the best thing that I can think right now is to hold her hand.

 

 

Her hands are so cold, it’s like holding an ice. I’m not sure where I got my courage but I started to blow her hands with my breath so it will get warm.  She seems surprised by my action but did not tried to stop me so I continue what I am doing. As for the guy I saw earlier, he is seated at the far front of the bus. He look decent to me though, I wonder if he’s the reason behind this girl’s behavior.

 

Slowly, I can feel her relaxing. As long as the guy from the earlier is not doing anything, I guess she’s safe. I noticed her bared legs and can’t help but frowned. She shouldn’t be wearing those kind of clothes. She’s attracting danger to herself. (or maybe that’s the reason she’s running away with that guy.. maybe he’s a ert????). When I felt that she already calmed down, I started talking to her.

 

Hey.. I rubbed her hands gently.

 

Are you awake?

 

She just nodded without looking at me.

 

 Would you mind?

 

She look at me with a confused expression as she slowly detached herself. I gave her a smile and  quickly removed my hoodie to place it on her legs.

 

You don’t need to do that.. I heard her whisper.

 

But I want to. Don’t worry I feel warm. It’s not like I run through the rain.

 

I smiled with my dimples showing only to see her looking down blushing.

 

Thank you.. she said.

 

I held her hand, hooked it on my arm once again and placed her head on my shoulder.

 

Now, rest. You have a lot of explanation to do later.

 

I start to rub her hands once again, hoping to soothe her.

 

I suddenly won’t mind not attending my classes today.

 

This is definitely the most exciting ride that I have as of the moment.

 

 

*****************************************************************

Hello everyone. :) Thank you for subsribing! Finally posted the first chapter... yey! :) Again, sorry for grammatical errors. I'm not sure when will I update again but definitely I'll update every week..maybe every weekend. Please anticipate the next chapter! :)

P.S - Don't forget to vote so I would know if you're liking my story. It will somehow give me an inspiration so I can do better.. :)

 

Thank you in advance!