[Chapter 9]

Wallflower Bride
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hye Young didn't even realise when she fell asleep. Her body shivered from the cold wind coming from the open balcony. Pulling up her aching body from the sofa, she forced herself to get up and slowly walked towards the balcony to shut the doors. The night looks so serene, just like any other night. Worry for Sehun is tugging her heart again. What will happen to him? And if something does happen to him, what will she do? 

A faint knock came from the door. 

Hye Young gasped. Nobdoy has been allowed to even come in here. Who could it be at this time of the night? 

Have they released Sehun?  

The slow opening motion of the door made her shaking hands sweat more. And then she saw the glimpse of the golden thread at the end of a flowy gown. Its the queen. Shin Ae walked in slowly, her face a little more pale than Hye Young remembered it. She must have been very worried about Sehun. 

Shin Ae stopped her mid curtsey and patted the space beside her on the sofa. Hye Young obliged, with her head still unable to look up at Shin Ae at all. It is all her fault. Baekhyun. And now Sehun. What would the queen be thinking of her now. 

"My child.." her soft voice broke the silence in the room. Her cold hand almost made Hye Young shiver. "I am sorry that it has come to this. I believe you are a good child. A perfect match for my son. I believe you did not have anything to do with this Baekhyun they mentioned. If you had any feelings for him, you would have already been with him, and yet none of the maids knows of any relations between the two of you. Words travels very fast withint the palace grounds and I have ears everywhere. I believe you, my child." 

She believes me..

Hye Young almost broke into tears as she heard those words. Shin Ae opened her arms and she had voluntarily drowned herself into her arms. Her scent of vanilla and chamomile made her feel so serene for once in the whole day. It had been so torturous to wait for a verdict. 

"What are they going to do to me, My Queen? They have Sehun detained and I-.. why?" 

Shin Ae let out a heavy sigh at her question. "I knew you'd ask me of this question. But there is no reason to keep you away from what fate is coming your way." 

Hye Young felt a really heavy weight on her shoulders. It must be something really bad for her to say that. 

"The only reason they are keeping you alive is because you might be carrying a royal heir," Shin Ae slowly said, placing her palm on Hye Young's flat stomach. "You have been married for quite a while and the affection our prince have shown you have not escaped people's eyes. For that reason, we must first confirm if you are with child." 

Hye Young's throat started to dry. "And if I am not, my queen? What will happen to me? What about Sehun?" 

Shin Ae paused and placed a hand on her cheek, caressing it softly. She is a very beautiful creature and still very young. Why is fate being so cruel on such a person? "A physician will be called in to check you, and if it is confirmed that you are not carrying a child, you will get a death penalty. Even though Sehun released Baekhyun but it is far too obvious he has done it for you. You are the prince's weakness and here in Amaryllis, weaknesses are destroyed. Sehun will be witnessing your death as his punishment." 

Hye Young's tears fell down her cheeks without her knowing. She dropped to the ground before the queen and bowed till her forehead almost reached the ground. "I beg of you, my queen. My life is nowhere near the value of Prince Sehun's and I am nothing but a slave that was given the throne that I do not deserve. Please don't let him face this torture, my queen. If I am to die, I am willing to do so but please don't let him witness it. Please-" 

"Do you not understand, my child?" Her eyes are cloudy but she is strong. "It's not me who makes the decisions. I am at least glad that my son Sehun was able to love and be loved before the end of his life." 

By the time Hye Young looked up, her face was full of tears and she sat

Please log in to read the full chapter