[Chapter 4]

Wallflower Bride
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Nervous?" Sehun held out a hand for her and gave a small smile. 

Fighting away the urge to let her lips tremble, Hye Young placed her shaky hands in his' and tried to act calm with a signature smile. Feels like her jaw will fall down any moment with all the smiling she has done all night. She has been introduced with numerous kings and queens and princes and princesses from all over the world, having to recognise them from pictures that she had to memorise in the past few months. They are now well into the itenerary of tonight's event, the main and final event being the dance where it will be led by Sehun and herself. 

Walking in her heels and tight gown with all eyes on her makes her feel like she should make a mistake just for the sake of a reaction. All of this silence is killing her inside. She didn't even realise how she squeezed Sehun's hand as he led her to middle of the dance floor and turned to face her. Almost naturally, he brushed a strand of hair from her forehead before placing a hand on her waist and pulled her closer. 

"It's alright, I'm here with you," he said calmly. "Nobody would even dare to ridicule you." 

She looked up, and regretted it almost instantly. Its those eyes of his' that she could so easily drown to. Blinking away, she smiled and took a deep breath as she let Sehun led the dance, taking each step as carefully as she could that she could barely even enjoy the moment. 

Why should I enjoy the moment anyway? I don't want to be here. 

After what felt like a decade, the attendees started to follow suit and entered the dance floor. Finally being able to relax slightly, she caught a glimpse of the King and the Queen, looking so much in bliss, slightly tugging her inner emotions. It must have been really good to be able to marry someone you love that loves you back. What are the chances of that for her? It feels like this is but a lifetime jail with a timebomb that doesn't have a timer. 

Sehun cleared his throat, making her look up at him again, and yet trying to avoid his eyes as much as possible. "Will you concentrate on your husband while you are dancing with him and not everybody else in the room?" 

She gave a small smile, "Am I not already in your very arms, my prince?" 

"You will call me 'my husband' someday, my dear wife," he exclaimed with a tone Hye Young could not interpret. It wasn't cold nor demanding. Prince Oh Sehun is.. begging? She mentally slapped herself, is she hoping too much out of something that might never happen? 

-

".. Thank you all for coming and we all wish that the marriage of Prince Sehun and Princess Hye Young will be filled with bliss and love." 

The King closed the ceremony, ended with hearty laughter and cheerful clap from the attendees. Hye Young was smiling, mentally sighing that the wedding ceremony and receptions are finally over; perhaps she would now be able to rest well. 

Before she knew it, she was lifted off the ground and a strong pair of arms are carrying her bridal style. Caught off guard, more cheers echoed throughout the ballroom as her face got all heated up. She slid her arms around his neck as he carried her out of the ballroom and into their bedroom. All the way, she doesn't dare to look up higher than of his chin. Everytime he looks down, she would avoid him again. 

When they entered the bedroom, Sehun walked to their bed and softly placed her down as if she is the most fragile item on earth. As swift as the passing wind, Sehun's body was on top of hers, using his elbows on either of her sides to support his upper body from crushing hers. 

"Look at me.." his voice was as soft as a morning dew. ".. my wife.." 

His close proximity and the position of his body is making Hye Young very nervous. She blinked furiously as if, trying to think of a way to escape but there's just no way. Even if she screams, she is in their bedroom and everyone knows that they have been wed. Nobody will come to her rescue, instead would be happy at their 'bliss' and it will be the talk of the maids. It will be embarassing for her instead. 

But what do I

Please log in to read the full chapter