[Chapter 5]

Wallflower Bride
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hye Young walked into Sehun's study with the maid following closely behind her. The maid courtseyed at the sight of Sehun who was looking intently at the document on his table and didn't seem to even realise of their presence even after being announced earlier on. After placing his tea on the table, the maid left them alone, Hye Young opened to say something but gulped it away seeing how busy Sehun looks like. She walked to the window on one side of the room and sat there. She saw cushions and the book she was reading the day before was placed there. 

Smiling, she took one glance at Sehun and settled herself down comfortably. The heat from the sun was not too warm for her as she let herself get indulged by the book and sat silently. She had a profound interest in literature ever since she was a Royal Fiance and finds it calming to be reading books to fill up most of her time. Poetry and stories makes her feel at least a little untrapped in this palace. It makes her feel comfortable. 

A kiss on the top of her head made bursted her bubble of imagination. The image of the forest and its sounds that she was reading about instantly puffed into thin air as she looked up at Sehun. He had eyebags and his eyes were slightly red from the lack of sleep. Lately, he had been sleeping late and going off early and Hye Young barely even sees him, if it wasn't for him asking her to bring him tea once every couple of days or so. His absence gave her enough space to swallow the reality that she is no longer a maid, and she is now of same rank as the person she should have called as her husband from day one. 

"How was your day?" she asked. 

His smile didn't cease as he softly caressed her cheek. "Tiresome, my wife. Now that I see you, I feel a bit recharged." 

Hye Young tried not to bite her lips at his words. How is it so easy for him to say such words, but so difficult for her to do the same? Is he even telling the truth? So many questions that she would rather not get the answers to. 

Let time do what they do best - give answers. 

Sehun pulled both her hands and caught her in his arms for a hug. Burrying his face in her hair, he breathed in that addictive scent of hers and closed his eyes. Why does it feel so calming to have her in his arms? Why does it feel so difficult to let go? As more days passed by as her husband, the more he doesn't want to let go. 

"Erm.." Hye Young choked in his really tight hug. Realising this, he loosened his hold, but wouldn't let her go. She started to wonder if there is anything that is bothering him at all. "Is everything alright?" 

She tried to softly push his body away, but he refused. "Yes, everything is okay. I just.. want to hold you." 

For the next few minutes, Hye Young let her hands dropped as Sehun tightly hugged her petite body in his arms. "Do you even eat? You are so small in my arms." 

His question took her by surprise as he had been silent for a while. "Yes.." she gave a short reply. 

"Do you sleep well? I am barely around lately," he asked again. He let his hands dropped to her waist, circling them as he looked at his beautiful wife. She is still as beautiful. Always as beautiful. 

"Yes.." she gave another short reply. She turned away, but Sehun caught her chin and turned her face to his'. 

"Are you.. scared of looking into my eyes?" He tried to catch her gaze, but she is looking everywhere but at him. He chuckled at her reaction, "You are my wife and I won't hurt you for looking into my eyes." 

Hye Young pressed her lips. Perhaps she is scared because everytime she looks into those eyes, she feels like she's lost her mind; feels like she wants to be lost in his eyes. This feeling is so strange that her first reaction is to avoid it. Gulping, she looked up and looked into his eyes. Sehun caressed her cheek softly, smiling at her effort. She is behaving so shy and though it's not much but 'shy' is 'some feeling' towards him and that makes him feel so weirdly warm and he likes that lingering feeling. 

Sehun pulled her in closer and leaned in, aiming for her lips. 

TAP! TAP! 

The annoyance in Sehun's face was evident as he pulled away from Hye Young. "Come in," he said with a slightly colder tone than usual. 

In came a man in his early 50s, his grey hair sitting neatly on top of a squared-shaped face. He bowed in respect to both of them, taking a glance at Sehun's arm that is still around Hye Young's waist. "Pardon me for the interruption," he started, Sehun's sneer not escaping his old eyes. "I am he

Please log in to read the full chapter