[Chapter 3]

Wallflower Bride
Please log in to read the full chapter

When Hye Young woke up that morning, everything still felt so surreal, other than the pain between her legs. She sat down in front of the dressing table as the maids styled her hair and put on her make up. They were giggling away, congratulating her for her beautiful wedding with the charming Prince Sehun. Praising his good looks and charisma, they told her how lucky she is to be his wife.

She smiled and said nothing, taking a glance at the bed. As if timed properly, Sehun walked in as the maids finished with her. He stood behind her and squeezed her shoulders. He was wearing formal royalty attire as he is going to be engaging in royal duties this morning. Hye Young never looked at him as much, but the maids were right. He has a pair of mesmerizing brown eyes, matched with a perfectly shaped nose and a sharp jaw. Without saying, he is in fact really handsome.

Snap out of it, Hye Young! He is someone who could kill at any second.

“Did you have a good sleep?”

..someone who could kill, and yet can look at me with such soft eyes.

“Is it still so painful?”

…someone who could kill, and yet could be so caring.

“Would you like to rest some more?”

…someone who could kill, and yet.. treats me so nicely.

Sehun looked into her eyes, wondering if he would hear that voice that seems to be so expensive this morning. Hye Young was momentarily dazed with his stare, but broke eye contact by looking down and shaking her head.

“I am fine, my prince.”

Clearing his throat, Sehun leaned down slightly and hugged her shoulders, placing his chin on her shoulder. The feel of his soft cheeks against hers brought a weird feeling at the bottom of her stomach that she so much wants to ignore. Its just so difficult when he is holding so tightly onto her. She placed a hand on his’ and tried to peel them off, but he only hugged her tighter.

“This afternoon you are not scheduled for anything. Take a walk with me in the gardens.” His words were more of an order than an invitation. She knows that this morning she will be briefed on the ceremony for this evening where royal families from different countries are arriving to congratulate them on their wedding and to introduce her to the world. They will remind her of the customs and etiquette that she needs to take care of during the event.

“But I thought we were going to practice our couple dance this afternoon,” she muttered, trying to wiggle away her head from him to no avail. He buried his head into the base of her neck and delivered a small peck, smirking at her every move.

“We could do that in the gardens too, if you’d like,” he softly whispered into her ears, closing his eyes as he breathed in her scent. That sweet vanilla from her body is slowly becoming addictive to him.

TAP! TAP!

Sehun opened his eyes, his glare almost made Hye Young shudder. He didn’t move for a few seconds until another set of knocks came from their bedroom door.

“Your highnesses, we were scheduled to-“

“I know why you’re here,” Sehun hissed. His voice was very cold as he slowly released his hold on Hye Young but still stood by her side with his hands on her shoulders. “Come in.”

Hye Young stood up as four men dressed in formal attire walked into the room, one of them being the Royal Teacher. As if they have practiced, they walked in a steady rhythm towards the bed and stood in a circle around it. Brows furrowed, Hye Young stepped forward and was about to ask when Sehun caught her by the elbows and shook his head. Sehun had his lips pursed into a thin line and eyes so sharp as if he would kill anybody that dares to even breathe in front of him, making her swallow back her curiosity.

One of them pu

Please log in to read the full chapter