[Chapter 10]

Wallflower Bride
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hye Young wiped off her hands with a towel and wiped the flour off her face and leaving the new bread on the counter to cool down. Going out of the door, she took in the fresh air with a deep breathe. Eventhough she has the windows open, it always feels slightly suffocating with all the flour and the heat from the oven. 

"Hi, beautiful." 

She turned around and her smile widened at her husband who unmounted the horse and tied the reins nearby. Hye Young at first thought that Sehun, the Prince of Amaryllis will never be able to adapt to the lives of commoners but she stand corrected. Sehun was so open to learning the lives of commoners, he has learned from cleaning his own plates to cutting firewood without as much as a sigh. Someone who had been served from hand to foot now works as a merchant who helps sells things to neighbouring towns and vice versa. 

Sehun hugged her and gave a peck on her cheek. "I missed you." 

Hye Young gave a playful hit on his arm. "You just saw me this morning." 

"I still miss you anyway." He gave another peck on her other cheek. "I can smell freshly baked bread again. I told you that you don't need to do anything." 

He caressed her cheek lovingly with one hand around her waist. "I want you to live a comfortable life." 

"I am living a comfortable life. With you," she hugged him again. 

Its been a few years since they've left the palace. They changed their names and lived among the commoners, saying they are orphans who'd decided to get married and looking for a place to settle down. Seeing that they seem like good people, nobody really cared to ask more about it. The villagers even helped them with a place to live before they had enough money to get one of their own. Being outside the palace seems so carefree. They can go wherever they want, whenever they want. 

Hye Young cupped Sehun's face in her small hands. "Are you living a comfortable life? Are you happy?" 

Sehun held her two hands and kissed her fingers. "With you by my side, how can I not be happy?" 

She looked up at him with guilt. If it wasn't for her, he would still be living high up in that palace and he will still be attended from hand to foot. He would not need to find his own money or do all this. 

"And you know exactly what could make our beautiful life together even more happier.." 

Sehun turned her around and circled his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder. "If we have a child, Hye Young ah... our life will be complete." 

Sehun's hands caressing her stomach made Hye Young blush. "I might have a surprise for you in the house," she said as she unwinded his arms and pulled him towards the kitchen entrance. Still clueless, Sehun just followed her gesture towards the newly baked bread on the counter. 

She had them in a row and the top of the bread has covered with small flowers to make up a sentence. 

'Congratulations, future dad.'

When Sehun saw it, his smile widened as he looked at Hye Young for confirmation. She nodded with a hand on her abdomen, "I went to the physician this morning to confirm it and-" 

She stopped mid sentence as Sehun picked her up and swirled her in the air. His hug on her was so tight, she could hardly breathe. "Thank you, my wife. No words can describe just how happy I am now. We are going to have a child of our own." 

His eyes sparkled as he

Please log in to read the full chapter