Remember?

For Yoong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where did you go this afternoon, Jessica Jung?” Jessica who was walking to the stairs of her house stopped.

She looked at her mother.

“I went out with Tiffany. Why?” Jessica lied.

Mrs. Jung smirked at her daughter.

“Don’t lie to me. I know everything!” Mrs. Jung shouted and Jessica sighed.

“You went out with the boy from the club, right? You slept with him, didn’t you?” Mrs. Jung smirked.

Jessica looked at her mother cynically. She folded her hands.

“I am not like you. I don’t just sleep around.”

Mrs. Jung gasped in silence. She glared at her daughter.

“You changed a lot mother. You don’t look the same anymore, since 8 years ago when you pleaded me to follow you home.” Jessica tilted her head.

Mrs. Jung frowned.

“8 years? What are you? A computer?” Mrs. Jung walked to the bar and poured herself a glass of whiskey.

Jessica watched her mother.

“And now…I wonder…how did you know I was having a hard time that day? How did you know that Yul was going to meet Victoria that day?” Jessica refrained herself from crying.

She could not believe what she just found out that evening.

Mrs. Jung eyebrow’s rose. She turned to her daughter.

“Yul? Who the heck is Yul?” Mrs. Kwon did not remember about Yul anymore.

Yul, the once gardener, at that house.

Jessica exhaled in grieve.

“Never mind mother but just so you know, you don’t have the right to arrange my life anymore. And the company too. The company belongs to me now. Dad already signed the settlement.”

“What?!” Mrs. Jung dropped the glass to the floor.

She could not believe her ears. Jessica laughed. She knew that the news would make her mother shocked.

“See? You don’t even know what’s going on around you. Good night, mother.” Jessica hooted imprecisely as she climbed up the stairs.

Mrs. Jung shook her head before she walked to her husband’s workroom in panic.

//

Jessica sat down on her bed. She looked at the balcony which was on her right. Even though it had been 8 years, she could reminisce clearly what had happened in that room then; the emblematic of everything that had happened in her life.

Jessica sat at the table which was reserved for her family on that one occasion. She looked at the teens at her age, chatting and joking among them by the pool while she was all alone. She did not have any friends then. None of the teens wanted to befriend her and she did not have any intentions to do so too.

“Jessica, honey, why don’t you go and talk to that boy, Kim Taeyeon?” her mother said to her.

She shook her head.

“I don’t want to.” Jessica sighed.

She did not like this kind of occasion. She enjoyed staying at home more.

“You have to make friends Sica.” Her mother said and she showed her bored face.

“Mom…can I just go home now?” Jessica looked at her watch.

“Okay honey. I’ll tell your dad.” Her mother left her side and Jessica took a sip of the drinks in front of her.

She was only 16 then. With no friends, Jessica spent her time reading and playing the piano. She loved piano. She could play the piano for hours non-stop.

“Honey, your dad said it’s okay if you want to go home first. The driver will take you now.” Her mother said and she left immediately.

“Do you want to go anywhere, Ms. Jung?”

“Home. Just home.”

Jessica was relieved when the car left the venue. She played with her phone and before she knew it, the driver had already pulled over at her house parking spot.

“Good night, Ms. Jung.” the old man said but Jessica didn’t even retaliate.

She walked to the door and stopped when she saw Yul, the gardener at the gazebo.

“Who does he think he is? Using the gazebo to do his homework?!” Jessica hissed in anger.

It wasn’t really anger but possessiveness. She did not like any of the workers in the house using the conveniences as they own them. The workers must not use the facilities!

“What do you think you are doing?” Jessica scoffed the older boy.

Yul startled. He looked down to the floor after standing up. He thought the Jungs would be home late that night.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Jung. I was just doing my homework.” Said the 17 years old boy.

“Your homework?! Who gave you the permission to do so at this gazebo? Do you think this gazebo is yours?!” Jessica yelled in egotism.

Yul felt so scared that his knees trembled.

“I am sorry Ms. Jung. I won’t do my homework here again.” Yul quickly bowed to Jessica.

Jessica smirked before she left the scene. Yul watched the younger girl walked away in charisma. He had always liked Jessica. Jessica was a very beautiful girl to his eyes. She was like an angel to him; when she was not angry of course. Yul had always like Jessica from afar but he knew that he would never have any chance to be with her. So he kept his feeling in his heart and only prayed that Jessica would find someone that she loved someday.

//

Later that night...

Yul raced to Jessica’s room when he heard a scream. He opened the door and ducked down as a big bat flew above his head.

“Yul! Yul! Get that thing out now!” Jessica screamed in fear.

Yul did not waste any time. He took off his shirt and caught the bat with his shirt right away. Jessica screamed again as Yul struggled himself to the balcony to release the bat. Once Yul had let the bat go, Jessica sprinted to Yul and hugged him. She cried in his arms.

“I was so scared. Thank you. Thank you.” She said.

She was terrified the least. She woke up seeing the black bat hanging on her bed roof. She was traumatized obviously.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter