McDonald's

For Yoong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica watched Yoong eating the chicken Mcnugget she bought for him. The kid was gobbling rather than eating. Jessica took a tissue and wiped the kid’s mouth.

“Yoong, eat slowly. You’ll hiccup later.” Jessica caressed Yoong’s hair and Yoong looked at Jessica.

“Noona, you didn’t tell me your name yet.” Yoong finished up the last bite of the nugget and took the burger then.

“My name is Jessica Jung. Rather than noona, I think you should call me…” Jessica contemplated whether to ask Yoong to call her mommy or not.

“Noona, are you spazzing again?” Yoong looked at the woman and Jessica smiled at him.

“Would it be okay if you call me mommy?” Jessica said timidly.

Yoong stopped chewing. He looked at Jessica. Jessica took a deep breath.

“I hate my mom, noona. Why would I call a nice person like you a mom?” Yoong placed the burger down.

Jessica's heart was hurting then and she bit her lips. She could feel her eyes stagnating.

“Why do you hate your mom? She brought you to this world.”

“Well…of course she did but she left me and appa. If she is nice she won’t do that. I always see appa alone doing all work, feeding me. Appa is good to Yoong so Yoong loves appa only.” Yoong ate the burger again.

Jessica watched her son. She touched his back, caressing it lovingly.

“Of course you do,,” Jessica said and kissed Yoong’s head.

//

Yul lied down on the hard floor of his flat and sighed. He looked at the clock. It was 10.15 in the morning. He just got home from his work. Yul was hungry and tired but he quickly changed his clothe and took his marketplace basket. He needed to buy some groceries to cook later.

Yoong would be home by 1 the least. Yul wanted the food to be done by the time Yoong is home later. Yul looked at the amount of money he had. This may be enough for a couple more of days, he thought. He took a deep breath and walked to the market which was 1 km away. Walking was better as it saved some money that way.

After buying the groceries, Yul walked back to his flat, sweating, as the sun was scorching hot. Yul’s eyes caught an advertisement for a part-time job; flyers distributors. He quickly jotted down the number on the ad and walked home with a smile. An easy job like this can be done anytime!

Yul’s smile disappeared when he saw Yoong stepping out from a black Lexus. Yul felt betrayed all of sudden. He was about to yell to Yoong but he stopped once he saw Jessica. He hid behind a van and watched the two of them.

Jessica knelt down in front of Yoong and caressed Yoong’s face. She kissed the kid’s face and hugged him.

“If I don’t know any better, I say you like me noona.” Yoong smiled sheepishly and Jessica grinned.

“You got that right, my prince.” Jessica kissed Yoong’s nose.

“Why noona?” he asked out of curiosity.

“Why not? You’re a handsome boy after all. Come on, give me a hug.” Jessica said and Yoong hugged Jessica again.

“Popo.” Jessica said, showing her cheeks.

Yoong kissed Jessica’s cheeks.

“Good boy. I’ll see you tomorrow at your recess time?” Jessica said and Yoong nodded.

“Bye noona.” Yoong said as he waved at Jessica.

Jessica waved back at him and stepped into her car.

“Bye Yoong. Take care.” Jessica said and drove away.

Yoong waved to Jessica until she disappeared from his sight. Yoong then skipped happily to the elevator. Yul’s heart felt like it was been compressed. He thought about it for a while. How Jessica could know where he lived? What was her intention? She never cared about Yoong before. Why now? Yul exhaled heavily before he went to the elevator too after Yoong had gone inside of course.

//

“Appa!” Yoong looked at Yul as his father entered their unit.

He helped his dad with the groceries.

“Anything you want to tell me, Kwon Yoong?” Yul grasped the basket away from Yoong.

Yoong was taken aback. He looked up to his dad.

“Where did you go today? Supposedly not school, right?!” Yul stared at his son.

Yoong pouted.

“Appa…earlier…I met a noona. She said she was your friend.” Yoong did not want to lie to his dad.

Yul sat down onto the floor. He looked at his son again. Yoong walked to Yul. Yoong sat on Yul’s lap.

“I am sorry appa…I skipped school today because I was late. The guard locked the gate. I am sorry, appa.” Yoong looked up to his dad again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter