chapter six

Of Blood and Silver

“Is she still unconscious?” Bambam asked peeking over Jackson’s shoulder at the passed out girl in the older vampire’s arms.

Jackson looked at Bambam with a raised eyebrow. “Yes. You didn’t have to hit her that hard, you know. Plus, I could’ve just used my compulsion on her.”

“Please, hyung,” Bambam said as he rolled his eyes, “you looked like you wanted to kill her.”

“If she hadn’t attacked me, I wouldn’t have wanted to kill her.” Jackson shrugged as he stepped into the house.

Bambam snorted in disbelief. “Sure, hyung.”

“Help me take her to my room before—”

“Before what?” Youngjae’s voice arose cutting Jackson off.

Jackson swore under his breath and turned to Youngjae who was standing by the couch in the living room with his arms crossed and brow furrowed. “Before you and JB noticed…”

He didn’t want to lie about this one. It seemed almost impossible to come up with a reasonable explanation about why he brought a human to the house. Let alone a human who was a vampire hunter.

“Why did you bring her here?”

“I…” Jackson paused to try to think of an excuse. “Uh...switched over to live blood?”

It was rare to come across a vampire who drank live anymore. Human blood had a serious effect on vampire’s that grew worse over the years. Back then, they could drink live without having to worry about the side effects that happen now. Now, if a vampire drinks live blood from an unwilling victim, the vampire is sired to that human for life. If the human were to die, the vampire would starve to death without its blood sire. The only way to avoid this from happening is if the vampire drained the human of all of their blood or they risk turning the human into a vampire.

The only way to drink live safely without the side effect is by having a willing donor. Though, in a world where every human seemed to now be a vampire hunter and hates vampires, it’s impossible to find any willing humans.

Bambam rolled his eyes knowing Youngjae wasn’t buying it one bit. “He was actually going to kill her. And, to be honest, we can’t afford another vampire hunter murder on Jackson hyung’s head.”

“But this is kidnapping,” said Youngjae gesturing to Jiwoo who was still passed out. “And we’ll be holding her hostage. That’s worse!”

“No, we won’t be holding her hostage. There’s no way I’m locking her down there with that… thing,” Jackson retorted. “Besides, she’ll be welcome to leave any time she wants to, but I don’t think you want her to considering what’s wandering out there. We’re saving her life from them if we keep her here.”

Youngjae opened his mouth to argue but shut it again unable to think of anything further to argue. “Fine...but, Bam, please put your collection away and hide them from her. We can’t have her killing us all.”

Bambam nodded and waddled off quickly to his room taking Jiwoo’s weapons with him. Youngjae walked over to Jackson and gently touched the back of Jiwoo’s head that had a small bump on it. “She’ll be fine. It’s just a small bump. Take her to your room and I’ll bring an ice pack.”

Jackson carried Jiwoo to his room wordlessly and carefully laid her on his bed on her side so she wasn’t laying on the bump. He honestly had no idea why he decided to even keep the bed in his room. He doesn’t sleep nor does he even use it to simply lay down and relax. Relaxing was for the couch which sat opposite the bed in his room.

Youngjae walked into the room with an ice pack in his hand and passed it over to Jackson. “You brought her here, you take care of her. This means feeding her as well. I’ll give you money to get her some food.”

Jackson rolled his eyes as he gently places the ice pack against the back of Jiwoo’s head. “Great.”

“Don’t even try that attitude, Jackson hyung. She’s your responsibility. It was your choice to bring her here,” said Youngjae.

“I know that. You don’t have to be so y about it.”

Youngjae scoffed. “I wouldn’t have to be y about it if you had thought about it before you went through with it.” He his heel and stomped out of Jackson’s room.

Jackson huffed and looked at Jiwoo. “He makes a big deal out of me not keeping my promise and now that I’m actually trying to keep it, he es at me.”

He shook his head and watched as Jiwoo slept. His eyes scanned her face first then down her neck. He gulped thickly as the veins in her neck pulsated. He shook his head and his eyes tore away from the veins to the light colored, scar-like tissue peeking out just above the collar of her shirt. It didn’t appear to be a small scar either but Jackson fought the urge to investigate it further. He studied the silver chain around her neck that wore a pendant shaped like a half heart. Jackson recalled back to the first time he saw Jungkook. He had the same silver chain and pendant that she did.

Jackson sighed. “All this fuss over you. I hope you’re really worth it.”