The player, the nerd and the glasses

A YulSic and RF deprived collection

“Look! She’s coming!”


One random girl shouted through the hallway, making everyone aware of the number one player’s arrival in school.


Seo Juhyun or popularly known as Seohyun; she’s the school’s number one player, you might easily get fooled by her innocent appearance; milky white skin, childlike brown eyes, puffy cheeks, but this girl has broke dozens of heart from time to time.


Coming out of her white convertible, Seohyun can’t help but smirked seeing dozens of students filing up by the entrance door, anticipating her arrival. She is the school’s number one player after all.




**



“S-seohyun-ah, f-for you…” A guy with the name Yonghwa nervously offers a bouquet of flowers to Seohyun, she accepted it as if it was just nothing before walking away.


Turning right to another hallway, Seohyun spotted a familiar girl who is busy getting some books from her locker. Seohyun made her way to the girl, she held out the bouquet of flowers that Yonghwa gave her and offering it to the girl.


“Hey! Beautiful, flowers?”


A shorter girl accepted the flowers instead, using the flowers to smack Seohyun on the head for trying to charm her girlfriend even if she knows that Seohyun is just kidding.


“Yah! Seohyun, don’t you dare charm my girlfriend.” Taeyeon calmly stated but looks like she’s going to lecture Seohyun.


“Aww…I was just kidding, Unnie.” Seohyun tried to look hurt before chuckling, seeing her Unnie’s expression.


“Tae-tae…stop lecturing our child.” The girl who was supposed to be receiving the flowers, chide at her girlfriend.


“Fany-ah, I don’t have a child that is considered as the school’s number one player and even tries to charm her own mother.” Taeyeon reasoned out to her girlfriend.


“Unnie, I don’t have a father that is shorter than me.” Seohyun retorted, almost making Taeyeon fume in anger.


“Why you---”


“Kim Taeyeon! Seo Juhyun!” Now it’s Tiffany’s turn to lecture the two. The player and the shortie immediately zip their mouths shut.


“Ne…” The two hung their heads low for they don’t want to meet Tiffany’s dagger eyes.


“Now Seohyun go to your class or you’ll run late.”


“Ne, Unnie.” Seohyun immediately left the two by the lockers.


“Let’s go, Tae-tae. It’s for our class too.” Tiffany pulls Taeyeon to the opposite direction where their class is being held.




**



Seohyun sat quietly at the back of the class so no one will dare disturb her; she’s actually a bright kid even though it doesn’t look like it. Humming to a song on her phone, she didn’t realize that her teacher has arrived with a new student in tow.


“Class we will be having a new student today…” Their teacher began. “Please introduce yourself.”


The new student walks in front of the class, making some of the students stifle their laughter cause the girl in front looks like a goof; She’s wearing a thick nerdy glasses while holding some books close to her chest, making it more obvious that she’s a nerd “G-good M-m-morning everyone, I’m Im Yoona.”


After Yoona’s stuttering introduction, she was assigned to take a sit next to Seohyun for it’s the only seat available. She was hanging her head so low that she didn’t realize that a foot was ready to trip her down.


The entire class burst into laughter when Yoona stumbled down on the floor, but the nerd didn’t seem to be shaken by this and just proceeds to her seat next to Seohyun.


None of them struck a conversation with each other, not even a simple introduction. Seohyun doesn’t seem to give a damn about the girl next to her and the same goes for Yoona.


It seems in every class that they go into they will always be seating next to each other and also being assigned to be partners at almost everything, making the rest of the students fumed in anger cause of this, their Seohyun is being paired up with a nerd…that is ludicrous.




**



Two weeks has passed and everybody is still treating Yoona the same, If only they knew the truth that the nerdy Im Yoona is actually the famous Kwon Yoona, behind those nerdy glasses.


“So Yoona are you still doing the nerd with a glasses charade?” Yuri asked her sister as the two of them eat their breakfast.


Yoona just gave her sister her famous alligator smile with her doe eyes that can make everyone swoon over her in no time.


“I’ll take that as a yes.” Kwon Yuri, just like her sister she too is famous in her own ways; having a beautiful body and a boyish but charismatic look sure makes her a head turner, and also being in a relationship with the famous Jessica Jung.


“Unnie, you know that I need to do this cause I’m going to star in a new drama soon and besides I think of this as my alter ego.”


Yuri lightly smacks Yoona’s head. “Aish! What alter ego?! You really need to stop reading those fanfics that my fans write about Sica and me even though they are pretty good.”


“So…you admit that you read some, huh?” Yoona teased.


Yuri’s face turned red, she has been caught red handed by her sister.


“Hahaha…” Yoona laughed at her sister. “Don’t worry, Unnie. Jessica Unnie writes some anyway.”


“Really?!”


Yoona just smile. “Why don’t you go ask Jessica Unnie.”




**



Yoona walks to her class but not without hearing laughter’s from other students, it’s because of the way she looks and dress; not the usual Kwon Yoona style.
Some students purposely bump onto her as if they didn't see her as she walks by but she didn’t care. She’s doing this for a purpose and that’s for her next drama like what she said to her Unnie.


If only Yoona knew the real reason why the students are extra mean to her because she gets the chance to be close to Seohyun and that’s what most students fantasize about…being with Seohyun.


Lunch time is Yoona’s favorite time of the day. She would usually eat her lunch at the school’s rooftop; she likes going there for it seems no students wander to that place.


She removes her fake glasses and put it in her pocket. Yoona was happily eating her lunch that she didn’t realize that there’s someone looking at her, studying her every move.


After eating her lunch, it was time for Yoona’s next class; chemistry. She’s going to see her lab partner again, she hears rumors that Seohyun is a player but she can’t seem to believe it cause Seohyun seems to be so innocent but of course looks can be very deceiving.




**



Seohyun is waiting patiently for Yoona cause she can’t do the experiment on her own it’s not that she can’t but she needs her partner to be there, it’s a paired activity. She finally saw Yoona coming inside the lab but not without being tripped by their classmates and she couldn’t care less about it.


They were doing their experiment quietly and they were almost done with it, the last thing that they need to do is wait for the chemicals to formulate properly to produce the final output.


Yoona was fixing her stuffs when Seohyun lean towards Yoona and whisper to the girl’s ear. “By the way I saw you at the rooftop…Kwon Yoona, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.”


Seohyun smirked before leaving a stunned Yoona on her seat. Looking at Seohyun’s retreating figure, she sighed. Yoona can’t believe she can be that careless but Seohyun’s only one student she can’t possibly spread what she knows about her, right?


When she came home, she slumped down on the couch looking problematic and she didn’t seem to notice the two who are being intimate with each other if it weren’t for Jessica’s loud whimper. “Ahh…Seobang~”


The two seems to be trying to do IT on the dining table; Yoona assumed for Yuri is hovering above on a lying Jessica. Yoona covered her eyes before shouting. “Unnies!!! Don’t you two dare do THAT there! I love that table!”


Yuri got off Jessica before facing her sister. “It’s not like it’s our first time doing IT on the table.” Yuri suddenly blurted out.


Jessica elbowed Yuri for suddenly giving out information about their intimate times together.


“Oh god!! I’m forever scarred for life!”




**



Yoona knew that she has to confront Seohyun about what she knew and tell the girl to keep it a secret. So she went to school early and waited for Seohyun on their seat.


Seohyun smirk when she saw Yoona being early, she knew that Yoona wants to talk to her about what she knows. “Hey, nerd.”


Yoona didn’t say anything and just stare blankly at Seohyun, she should remember to thank Jessica someday for teaching her that.


“It seems you want to talk to me, huh?” Seohyun said in a smug tone.


“I wouldn’t come to school early if that isn’t the case.”


“I’m here now so tell me what you want to say.” Seohyun sat down to her seat.


“I want you to keep what you knew a secret.” Yoona didn’t think twice and say what she wants right away; she has no time for long talks.


“What’s in it for me?”


“What do you want?”


“A kiss.” Seohyun smirked.


“You’re insane, no way!”


Seohyun let out a laugh. “How about you become my slave?”


“You have got to be kidding me!”


“I’m serious and you start today.” Seohyun ended their conversation not giving any option for Yoona to even say no.




**



Yoona indeed became Seohyun’s slave; wherever Seohyun goes she needs to be there…no one knew that Yoona is Seohyun’s slave. Since Seohyun somewhat marked her territory on Yoona, no one dares to make fun of Yoona.


“Yoona, get over here.” Seohyun ordered Yoona.


The two are staying by the rooftop since Yoona became Seohyun’s slave; she doesn’t really have to do much…she’s more like Seohyun’s company rather than a slave but Seohyun gets to boss her around.


Seohyun ordered Yoona to sit down beside her before popping one earphone on Yoona’s ear and clicking her phone to start the music.


Yoona has been used to this; Seohyun will order her to sit beside her just for the two of them to listen to the songs on Seohyun’s phone.




**



Yoona has been busy for the next couple of weeks for she has already started filming for her new drama, but she still goes to school and serve Seohyun like always.


The two are at the rooftop like always, Seohyun looks at Yoona who has been yawning for a couple of times already, and tiredness is clearly visible on Yoona’s beautiful face.


Seohyun pulled Yoona closer to her and force Yoona to lay her head down on Seohyun’s lap, at first Yoona wanted to refuse but Seohyun threatened her that if she doesn’t do it she’ll tell the whole school about her secret.


Now Yoona is peacefully sleeping on Seohyun’s lap, Seohyun smiled looking at Yoona’s serene face…ever since she knew about Yoona’s secret; she never dare try to hang with some random girl that she can pick up anywhere.


It wasn’t true that she’s a player it was a façade, she did this so people will not know how vulnerable, fragile and lost she can be but when she saw the real Yoona all the uncertainty, insecurity that she felt vanished.


The two of them seems to be doing the same thing hiding who they really are to the world, they are like the two opposite of what they want people to see or think about them.


Yoona is hiding her beauty, elegance, confidence, and knowledge for everyone to appreciate while Seohyun hides her child innocent nature, maturity, delicateness, and shyness for everyone to mock.


Things that they want to hide, show and conquer.


Seohyun didn’t know that she was staring at Yoona for too long to realize that Yoona is already awake and the school bell already rang indicating that lunch is over.
The two of them didn’t say anything and just left the rooftop.




**



Seohyun began acting cold to Yoona for the next couple of days and Yoona can’t even understand why Seohyun is being like that to her, like how Jessica is to her sister when Jessica is jealous.


“Seohyun are you okay?” Yoona asked as they were in class.


Seohyun blankly stare at her before giving her a simple nod.


Yoona can tell that something is really wrong, so she better ask her Unnie’s about it.


Yoona bid her goodbye to Seohyun and she immediately went home only to see Yuri and Jessica cuddling together on the couch while watching a movie.


“Unnies, can I talk to you guys about something?” Yoona asked the two in a serious tone.


“Of course, what do you want to talk about?” Yuri turned the TV off giving their full attention to Yoona.


“Well…Yuri Unnie when Jessica Unnie starts acting cold to you what does that mean or what did you do?”


Yuri rubs her chin as if she was thinking so seriously about Yoona’s question. “Usually she does that when she gets jealous cause she thinks that I’m being too friendly to people even if she knows that I only got my eyes on her.”


Yoona turned her attention to Jessica. “Is that true, Unnie?”


“Yes and when she does something crazy to make me jealous then it is a definite yes…why do you ask?” Jessica asked.


“Nothing…now Yuri Unnie, what do you do to make Jessica Unnie forgive you?”


“Ha! I don’t ask for forgiveness, she’s the one who keeps crawling back to me.” Yuri proudly said.


“What was THAT, Kwon Yuri?!” Jessica asked in a serious and warning tone.


“Hahaha…” Yuri let out a nervous laugh. “I said I love you so much, Baby. That I’m willing to go down on my knees to ask for you forgiveness cause I love you so much with all my heart.” Yuri even made a heart sigh with her hand and gave Jessica a kiss.


“Unnies! We’re getting out of topic here and stop being mushy!” Yoona shouted to stop the two from making out with each other right in front of her.


Yuri raised her hands in defeat. “Okay, okay. Usually I do something romantic and unpredictable for her…take her on dates, give her flowers, sing for her in public…just anything to show her how devoted I am to her and only her.”


“That’s it?” Yoona asked a bit skeptical about her sister’s answer.


“Yes and some other thing that you are not allowed to know.” Yuri added.


“And I’m not even willing to find out.” Yoona said before going inside her room.




**



The next morning Seohyun secretly waited for Yoona to arrive in class but the other girl doesn’t seem to have a plan on going to school. It seems she’ll be alone for lunch today.


Seohyun made her way to the rooftop like always, only to see Yoona’s nerdy glasses on the ground with a letter.




Seohyun,


Go downstairs and I’ll meet you there.


Yoona



Seohyun wore Yoona’s glasses as she made her way downstairs, she saw someone standing from a far. She doesn’t know if it’s Yoona for the girl’s back is facing her making it hard for her to guess if it’s Yoona or not.


It was really Yoona who was standing outside waiting for her. “Hey! Nerd.”


Yoona turned around when she heard Seohyun called out for her with the usual name calling that she finds a bit cute. “Hey.”


It’s weird for Seohyun to see Yoona without her usual nerdy glasses that she is wearing at the moment. “Where’s your glasses nerd?”


Yoona chuckle at Seohyun’s lame joke but she decided to play along. “I think a player is wearing it.”


Now it’s Seohyun’s turn to chuckle. “Hmm…that player must be important.”


“She is…she’s quite special actually.”


“How so?”


Yoona took the glasses from Seohyun and wear it before. “Cause this nerd wants to take the player out on a date for being jealous about the fake kiss that I didn’t really give to my co-star.”


“Ha! Who said I was jealous?”


“Tiffany Unnie accidentally told me.” Yoona gave Seohyun the answer to her question.


Yoona laughed out loud when she saw Seohyun’s blushing face, she gave Seohyun a simple kiss near the lips but can still be considered as the cheeks.


“There…do you still feel jealous?” Yoona teased.


Seohyun shook her head furiously as a visible blush can be seen on her face up to her ears. “Not anymore.”


“Good, now let’s go.” Yoona pulled Seohyun out of the school premises to god knows where Yoona will take Seohyun.


The two didn’t know how or when did it happened, maybe Seohyun feel for Yoona when she saw the real Yoona out of those glasses and Yoona could say the same thing when Seohyun decided to lower her guard and show Yoona her vulnerable side that made the famous doe eyed girl love her unconditionally.