Talk to me through flowers

A YulSic and RF deprived collection

A chime was heard from the door signaling that a customer just went inside the shop.


A short girl behind the counter greeted the customer with a smile. “Good Morning, welcome to TaeNy’s flower shop.”


“Taeyeon Unnie, you don’t have to say that cliché greeting of yours, you know? It’s just me.” A tall girl informs.


Taeyeon just ignored the taller girl’s comment. “So…Yoona, what brings you here?”


“Obviously, I came here to buy some flowers, Unnie.” Yoona answered while looking around the shop for the perfect flower.


“Ohhh…is it for the girl that you always annoy?” Taeyeon teased.


“Yah! Unnie, stop listening to Yuri Unnie…seriously! I do not annoy her and besides I’m going to ask her to be my girlfriend today.” Yoona grins like a love struck fool.


“So our Dongsaeng will finally get the girl that she loves. So tell me, did you make her drink a love potion of some sort?” Taeyeon can’t help but tease Yoona a little bit more.


“Of course not! She fell for my irresistible doe-eyed charms!” Yoona proudly states.


Taeyeon burst out in her ahjumma laugh. “Charms? What charms? You have got to be kidding me!”


Taeyeon continues to laugh at Yoona that tears are visible on the corner of her eyes.


“Yah! Unnie, are you going to sell me some flowers or not?” Yoona grumpily ask Taeyeon.


“Of course I will, don’t be mad I’m just messing with you. So what’s her name?” 


“Seohyun.” Yoona simply states with a smile.


“Ahhh…I know what you should give her, let me go prepare it.” Taeyeon went at the back of the shop to prepare Yoona’s flower bouquet for Seohyun.


Taeyeon pick some Tulips, Baby’s breath, White Camellia, Daisy and Primrose to make the bouquet.


As Taeyeon was arranging the flowers, Yoona sat up at the counter; she looks at her Unnie who is smiling and humming while doing her work.
“You know, Unnie. You never told us how you got Tiffany Unnie.” Yoona can’t help but comment cause ever since Tiffany came in Taeyeon’s life; the shorter girl is happier and dorkier than ever.


“Why do you wanna know?”


“I’m just curious, Unnie… please tell me~!” Yoona persuade Taeyeon with her aegyo voice.


“YAH! Im Yoona that is just disgusting don’t use that aegyo of yours on me. Fine, I’ll tell.” Taeyeon burst in annoyance she hates aegyo; except Tiffany’s of course.


*Flashback*


Taeyeon can be seen planting, weeding and watering at her garden when a stranger suddenly approaches her.


Not taking her eyes off from what she was doing Taeyeon opened to speak. “I’m sorry, Miss. This is a private property and you’re trespassing.” Taeyeon coldly states without even looking at the intruder. She hates it when someone disturbs her from her work.


The girl was taken aback by Taeyeon’s rudeness. “Ohh…I’m sorry, but by any chance have you seen a dog straying around?” The girl hopefully asked her.


“No.” Taeyeon flatly answered.


“Again I’m sorry for disturbing you and trespassing.” The girl bowed, and as the girl bowed her necklace fell off from her neck.


Taeyeon picked the necklace up and was about to give it back to the girl, as Taeyeon lift her head up, her heart almost stop beating as she was taken away by the girl’s beautiful eyes.


Taeyeon scrambles up from her position and immediately shoves her hand forward to give the necklace back; she chooses to bow her head for she was ashamed of her action moments ago.


The girl can’t help but smile at how cute the girl in front of her is, moments ago she was cold as an ice but now she’s as shy as a schoolgirl. “Thank you.”


Taeyeon lifts her head up and almost faints as she saw the most beautiful eyes-smile she has ever seen. Taeyeon who doesn’t know what to do just averted her gaze somewhere else.


“W-welcome.” Taeyeon wants to hit herself to why she’s stuttering right now.


“Well I better get going and again I’m sorry.” The girl turns around to take her leave but soon stop as she saw her dog’s wiggling tail under a shrub.


“Tae!” The girl shouts.


And in unison the dog and Taeyeon answered simultaneously with a bark and a yes.


The girl ignores Taeyeon and walk towards her dog. “Tae, come here.” The girl ordered to the dog, which the dog easily complies.


Taeyeon who was confuse to why the girl called for her but she still followed.


“What?” Taeyeon asked in confusion.


The girl lifted her dog up and turns her attention to Taeyeon. “I’m sorry?”


“You called for me.” Taeyeon answered unsure.


The girl look confused, she was sure that she didn’t call her. “I’m sorry, but I most certainly did not.”


“Yes, you did. You said Tae come here…so here I am.” Taeyeon answered.


The girl tries to hold in her laughter but failed. “I wasn’t calling for you I was calling for my dog, his name is Tae.”


Taeyeon’s face turned red in embarrassment, this is really awkward for her; thinking that she was being called by this girl but it turns out it was her dog.


Not wanting to embarrass herself any further Taeyeon was about to walk away from the girl when the girl suddenly introduced herself. “I’m Tiffany, by the way.”


The girl offers her hand to Taeyeon for a handshake; while Taeyeon was debating whether to shake the girl’s hand or not.


“I-I’m Taeyeon, I’m sorry I can’t shake your hands…mine’s a bit dirty.” Taeyeon states still stuttering, trying not to look more foolish Taeyeon offered Tiffany a tour of her garden which the latter accepted happily.


The two of them talked for hours while walking around Taeyeon’s garden.


“Well, that’s the end of the tour.” Taeyeon smiles at Tiffany.


“I better get going, thanks for the tour Taeyeon.” Tiffany smiles at Taeyeon.


“Tiffany, wait!” Taeyeon called out, she walk towards Tiffany while fidgeting whether to give Tiffany the flower or not.


Taeyeon handed Tiffany a lavender rose which the latter happily accepted. “Thank you.”


After Tiffany left Taeyeon was smiling and jumping happily on her spot, wishing that Tiffany will come again.


Which happens every day due to Tiffany’s dog; that always run away and goes to Taeyeon’s garden.


“Your dog is not here.” Taeyeon says as she sees Tiffany walking towards her.


“Can’t I get a Hi, first? And I know…he’s at home.” Tiffany pouts, up until now Taeyeon is still a bit cold to her.


“Fine. Hi, so what brings you here?”


“What? Can’t I go here without my dog?” Tiffany answered Taeyeon’s question with another question.


“Sorry, it’s just that I’m used to see you looking for your dog.” Taeyeon commented while cutting a lavender rose for Tiffany. “Here.”


Tiffany gladly accepted the flower. “Thanks, so are you done with your work?” 


“Yes, I am…why?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany a bit curious to why the girl is asking her.


“Great!” Tiffany chimes. “Let’s go grab some coffee” She offered to Taeyeon.


“Errr…”


“Please?” Tiffany who is not aware to how Taeyeon hates aegyo shows her puppy face.


For some odd reason Taeyeon finds Tiffany’s puppy face quite cute. “Yeah, sure.”


Tiffany grabs Taeyeon’s hand and drag the shorter girl with her out of the latter’s garden.


“Yah, Tiffany…where are you taking me?” Taeyeon asked while fastening her pace to catch up to the other girl.


“There at that café.” Tiffany points out.


The two entered the café with Tiffany still holding Taeyeon’s hand; while the latter is a bit red and still catching her breath.


“Oh hey Taeng! Who’s your date?” A tall girl asked.


“Shut up, you Shikshin…she’s not my date!” Taeyeon answered still catching her breath.


Tiffany on the other hand blushed but decided to just introduce herself to Taeyeon’s friend. “Hi, I’m Tiffany.”


“What a pretty name, my name’s Sooyoung. That midget is my friend.” Sooyoung pointed to a glaring Taeyeon upon hearing the word midget.


“Yah! You good for nothing giant with a black hole for a stomach, how did you become my friend again?” Taeyeon retaliated.


“Because I’m the great Choi Sooyoung and the owner of this café.” Sooyoung proudly states with a proud smile on her face.


Taeyeon just groan and drag Tiffany to a table where they can seat. “You love birds just stay there while I get you something to eat.” 


Sooyoung tease while heading to the kitchen leaving a blushing Taeyeon and Tiffany.


Taeyeon decided to break the awkward atmosphere. “So…why did you suddenly asked me to go here?”


“Ohhh…I’m just a bit lonely at home…” Tiffany answered with a frown.


Taeyeon can’t help but be curious and feel pity for Tiffany. “Why so?”


“Well, living in a huge house is really not that comforting especially when you’re always alone and being neglected by your own father…and will only see you and show you little affection when he needs something from you.” This is the first time that Tiffany opened up to Taeyeon.


“I’m sorry…but where’s your mom?”


The question made Tiffany sadder than ever. “She passed away when I was little.”


“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to pry.” Taeyeon apologized.


Tiffany just let out a small smile. “No. its okay, I’m just glad that I can open up to somebody and I’m sorry for boring you because of my stories.”




**



Months have already passed by and it made Tiffany and Taeyeon to be closer to each other, Tiffany will always visit Taeyeon and the two will go out or Tiffany will help Taeyeon out.


Upon receiving her usual lavender rose from Taeyeon, Tiffany cannot hold it any longer. “Tae-tae…”


“Yes, Fany-ah?”


“Why do you always give me a lavender rose?” Tiffany asked while sniffing the flower.


The two are seating at a fountain in the middle of Taeyeon’s garden. “Why? Don’t you like it?”


“Of course I like it; this is the first kind of flower that I have received in my entire life.” Tiffany showed her eyes-smile to Taeyeon.


Taeyeon can’t help but grin after hearing what Tiffany have just said. “Really?”


Tiffany just nodded her head. “Does this flower have any meaning, Tae-tae?”


“Yes it does.”


“What?” Tiffany asked curiously while looking at Taeyeon.


Taeyeon doesn’t know whether to tell Tiffany the truth or not she’s scared that the latter might drift away after she have realized that she has fallen for the other girl.


“It’s already late, Fany-ah. You should go home.” Taeyeon tries to change the topic.


“Tae-tae, you’re stalling. Just tell me.” Tiffany persuades even more.


Taeyeon took in a lot of air before speaking. “That flower means love at first sight.”


Taeyeon abruptly stood up and ready to leave Tiffany when Tiffany held her wrist. “Really?”


“Yes.” Taeyeon answered in a whisper.


“Does that mean you love me too?” Tiffany shyly asked.


Taeyeon couldn’t believe what she’s hearing right now, is her ears playing tricks on her? She doesn’t know but she likes it.
Taeyeon just grin and nod her head.




**



After the confession the two are practically inseparable, there are times that Tiffany will sleep over to Taeyeon’s house and Taeyeon will cook for Tiffany.


Today was a different day for Taeyeon, today she will officially ask Tiffany to be her girlfriend. Taeyeon have prepared everything in her garden.


She prepared a simple picnic dinner for them. Taeyeon asked Sooyoung to stall Tiffany for her to finish everything.


Sooyoung gave a box of cake to Tiffany for Taeyeon, Tiffany arrived at the garden where Taeyeon was suppose to be but she was surprise to see the place all lit up with a picnic mat in the middle near the fountain.


“Tae-tae?” Tiffany called out.


Taeyeon walked out behind the fountain with a bouquet in hand. She gestured Tiffany to come forward to where she is.


“Tae-tae, what’s the occasion?” Tiffany asked after Taeyeon helped her to sit down on the mat.


“Nothing, can’t I prepare something like this for you?” Taeyeon asked with a pout.


Tiffany just smiled. “It’s just that it surprised me.”


After they have eaten their dinner, Taeyeon grab Tiffany’s hand before speaking.


“Fany-ah, I know that when we first met I was really rude to you and cold, it’s because I don’t like it when people disturb me when I do my gardening.


But right there and then you have captured my heart and this flower.” Taeyeon took the lavender rose from the bouquet and hand it to Tiffany. “Is the sole witness to that and this may sound cliché but the moment I look into your eyes I knew that it was love at first sight."


Tiffany who doesn’t know what to say just blushed at Taeyeon’s statement.


Taeyeon then took a Variegated Tulip. “Do you want to know what this flower means, Fany-ah?”


Tiffany just showed her eyes-smile like saying yes.


Before answering, Taeyeon kissed Tiffany’s eyes. “You have pretty eyesand these eyes of yours made my heart flatter whenever you show me your eyes-smiles.”


Taeyeon never knew she could be this cheesy; heck right now she’s even cheesier than Yuri.


Lastly, Taeyeon picked up a pink dahlia and kiss it before handing it to Tiffany. “I Kim Taeyeon, will forever be yours…Tiffany Hwang MiYoung, will you be mine officially?”


Tiffany was already shedding tears of joy from Taeyeon’s love declaration. “Yes, Tae-tae, a million times yes!”


Taeyeon kissed Tiffany gently on the lips, ending the kiss the two smiled at each other with love clearly visible in their eyes.




**



Their relationship is sweeter than before right after they have become official, Tiffany rarely goes home…they are now practically living together, if not for Tiffany’s father coming back from his business trips.


“Here’s a Yellow Tulip for the girl that I love, who gives me great happiness through her smiles.” Taeyeon states while popping out of Tiffany’s back, handing the flower to the eyes-smiling girl.


Taeyeon has never failed to give Tiffany flowers every day. The two just came back from their stroll through the park.


Tiffany is resting her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder while they make themselves comfortable on Taeyeon’s couch while watching some television.


“Tae-tae…”


“Yes, Fany-ah?”


“I love you…”


“I love you too…” Taeyeon then kiss Tiffany’s hair.




**



This relationship of theirs didn’t go unnoticed by Tiffany’s father, he was in rage, and he immediately called his secretary to find Taeyeon.


Taeyeon who was curious to why she was suddenly picked up from her house and now inside a huge building, sitting down on a chair waiting for someone she doesn’t even know.


A girl then approaches her and assisted her into a room.


Taeyeon immediately felt the unwelcome atmosphere inside the room the moment she stepped in.


“You must be Kim Taeyeon, I’ll just get straight to the point. I want you to stay away from my daughter.” Mr. Hwang’s voice was like thunder echoing throughout the entire room, startling and scaring Taeyeon out of her wits.


Still not recovering from shock, Taeyeon swallowed the lump in before she spoke. “I’m sorry, Sir. But I can’t do that, the only person that can make me stay away from her is Tiffany herself and not anyone.”


Taeyeon stubbornly states a matter of fact on her side; she will stand her ground and stick with her decision and will be on Tiffany’s side until Tiffany doesn’t want her anymore.


“If you don’t have anything else to say, I’m going to take my leave now, Mr. Hwang.” Taeyeon still bowed giving respect to the man in front of her before going out of the room.


Taeyeon let out a heavy sigh. She went home with a weaken heart and a shaken body. She needs to fix herself up cause any minute now Tiffany will arrive.


Tiffany arrived moments later with a huge smile on her face. “Hi Tae-tae.” Tiffany greeted Taeyeon after giving the latter a kiss on the cheeks.


“Hi, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon who was still shaken by the encounter with Tiffany’s dad can’t stop her quivering voice.


“Are you okay, Tae-tae?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon worriedly.


“Your dad talked to me this morning.” Taeyeon told Tiffany the truth; they have promised each other that they will not hold secrets to each other.


“W-what did he say?”Tiffany stuttered she was not worried to what her father said; she already knows that her father wants Taeyeon out of her life.


She’s more scared to what Taeyeon will tell her, she’s scared that Taeyeon will leave her. Her head is spinning right now to what Taeyeon will tell her so she decided to sit down on the couch.


Taeyeon didn’t like the worried expression written on Tiffany’s face. “He told me to stay away from you.”


“Will you do it?” Tiffany couldn’t hold her tears any longer.


Tayeon knelt in front of Tiffany before wiping the latter’s tears away. “Will you allow me to do it? I told him that the only person that can make me stay away from you, is you; yourself.”


Tiffany furiously shakes her head. “No…never.”


“Then it’s a no, I will stand by you and be with you until you no longer need me and starts pushing me away. Cause for better or worse, I’ll still put you first.” Taeyeon cup Tiffany’s face, wiped the tears away before giving her a soft kiss.


“Taeyeon, I’m scared now that my dad knows about us. He will probably lock me inside the house and forbid me to see you.” Tiffany states her other worries.


Taeyeon knew that Tiffany will think of this kind of things, truth be told even her is thinking the same way. “Do you really love me that much?”


“What kind of a question is that? Of course I do!” Tiffany stated with a lot of conviction.


Taeyeon didn’t say anything and just drag Tiffany outside and into the garden. Taeyeon stop and suddenly kneels in front of Tiffany before plucking a Spider flower from a bush. “Then elope with me.I’m not saying that our life would be easy, that I may not even give you everything this world has to offer, but I’ll give you everything that I have and everything that I can to make you happy.”


Taeyeon waited for Tiffany’s answer, Tiffany who seems to be stoned in place doesn’t know what to do. Taeyeon was all Tiffany needed in her life, without Taeyeon she doesn’t know what to do. Her life lies with Taeyeon now.


“I love you, Tae-tae. Yes, I’ll elope with you.” Taeyeon stands up and kiss Tiffany on the lips. “Don’t worry, we’re in this together. As long as you love me, I’ll love you forever, until the last flower in this world wilt. Fany-ah.”


“I love you too, Tae-tae. Until, no flower dares to blossom anymore.”


*End of flashback*


“So that’s about it.” Taeyeon ended her story while handing the finish bouquet to a fascinated Yoona.


“Wow, Unnie. Your story is so…just wow!” Yoona exclaimed with so much amazement. “But what happened to Tiffany Unnie’s dad?”


Taeyeon smiled at Yoona. “Well, he gave up…he gave up in breaking me and Tiffany apart. Maybe he saw that I can really make Tiffany happy.”


“Hey, Yoona. What brings you here?” Tiffany entered the shop and immediately greeted Yoona.


“Oh…I just came here for some flowers, Unnie.” Yoona showed the bouquet of flowers to Tiffany; who made her way behind the counter to hug Taeyeon.


“And I shared our love story to her.” Taeyeon added with a smile.


“Really?”


“Uh-huh.” Taeyeon nodded her head.


“So…Unnie, what did you love the most about Taeyeon Unnie?” Yoona asked teasingly.


“I love everything about her, especially when she talks to me through flowers it makes me fall for her even more.” Tiffany answered and turns to a smiling Taeyeon.


“Unnies, I gotta go…Seohyun will be going to the library now. I’ll see you two later.” Yoona hastily excited the shop forgetting to pay for the flowers.


Yoona runs towards her car when she heard Taeyeon’s voice. “Yah! I’m Yoona, you forgot to pay for the flowers!”


“Just put it on my tab!” Yoona shouted.


“What tab?! I’m banning you from our shop!” Taeyeon threatens the retreating doe-eyed girl while racing her fist in the air.


“You can’t do that, Unnie. I live upstairs!” Yoona countered back while sticking her tongue out.


Taeyeon can only shake her head while watching Yoona’s car drive away. “Aishh…that kid!”


Taeyeon then skips to where Tiffany is, with a smile on her face. “Fany-ah…”


“Yes, Tae-tae?” Tiffany lifted her head up from the magazine that she was looking at before putting it down to properly face Taeyeon.


“I’ll show you a magic trick that I just learn.” Taeyeon grins like a little kid.


Tiffany finds Taeyeon’s grin adorable and she said she doesn’t have any aegyo in her body. “Sure.”


Taeyeon reached her hand out behind Tiffany’s ear pulling a Chrysanthemum flower out of nowhere. "I love...you.”


Tiffany giggled, whilst showing her eyes-smile. “I love you too.”


The two shared a kiss before another customer entered their shop.