I married my Best Friend

A YulSic and RF deprived collection

YulSic(Man Yul people)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yul and Jessica have been best of friends ever since they were little. Jessica’s parents worked under Yul’s family, but an unfortunate accident happened where Jessica’s parents died in a plane crash while traveling to visit Jessica’s grandparents thus leaving Jessica behind.


Mrs. Kwon then decided to take care of Jessica in return of Jessica’s parents loyalty to the Kwon’s and their valuable friendship, and Mrs. Kwon has grew fond of Jessica ever since Yul and Jessica were still young.


Jessica is now in her room fixing her clothes that she will use later on to meet Tiffany, cause the both of them agreed to choose their classes at the same time. It’s Jessica’s last semester in college, thanks to Mrs. Kwon who supports her in her studies and in return Jessica works and studies hard to show Mrs. Kwon that the money that she gives to her doesn’t go to waste.


Being busy with what she was doing she didn’t even realize that a pair of eyes is watching her from behind and planning an attack. Being caught off guard the attacker starts tickling her and all that she can do is release her ultra dolphin shriek. Jessica then turn around to see her attacker it’s none other than her best friend and pest. “YAH! Yul, why…you!” Jessica then began hitting her best friend continuously but eventually stop cause it seems the guy’s body is made out off hard rock.


“What do you want that you just suddenly barge in my room?!” Jessica asked Yul who made himself comfortable on Jessica’s Bed. “You should know that this is my house, right? So that totally means I can go anywhere I want.” Yul answered Jessica confidently.


Jessica then starts glaring at her best friend who seems to just shrug it off. “You know that doesn’t work on me, cause if those glares of yours would have worked before, I should be dead a long time ago, but it seems I’m not so stop glaring at me cause your beginning to look unpleasant to my eyes.” Yul said in victory and later smirks which made Jessica’s heart beat faster.


Jessica has been in love with her best friend but she doesn’t show it cause of their status in life. Yul is rich and came from a very prominent family in Korea, while she’s just an ‘orphan’ like how she always says ever since her parents died.


She sighed. “Seriously Yul, what do you want?” She then eyed her best friend who seems to be gazing at her intently that it made her self-conscious. She kicked Yul on the knee to bring the guy back to his sanity, and as if on cue Yul yelps in pain. “Hey, why did you kick me for?” Yul rubs his knee while looking annoyingly at her.


“I keep on asking you why you are here and what do you want, but you just keep on staring at me.” Jessica boldly stated. “So if you don’t mind please get out of my room cause I’m going to get ready.” Jessica then pushes Yul out of her room. “Okay, fine I’ll wait for you outside, I’ll drive you.” Yul shouts from outside of Jessica's room.


Like what Yul have said to Jessica he was waiting outside for her while leaning on the door of his car. He then eyed Jessica before speaking. “What took you so long? I thought I’d grow old out here waiting for you.” He then moved to the other side of the car to open the door for Jessica.


“You’re the one who offered the ride and now you’re complaining? Some best friend you are.” Jessica scoffed while getting in the passenger seat. Yul then moved to the driver seat and started the car. “You know I wouldn’t be complaining if you didn’t take an hour to get ready.” Yul retaliated while keeping his eyes on the road. “It wouldn’t probably take me an hour if somebody didn’t barge in my room.” Jessica rolls her eyes.


Jessica and Yul finally arrived in the university where Jessica studies. Jessica was about to get out of the car when Yul suddenly grab her hand to stop her. Jessica then looks at Yul confusingly. Instead of saying anything, Yul just handed Jessica an envelope.


“Yul, what’s this?” Jessica eyed Yul again. “That’s the money that you’ll use to pay for your tuition fee and in order for you to buy your necessities.” Yul simply states. “Yul, I don’t need this I’ve save enough money to pay for my tuition fee…just take this back, please.” Jessica then tries to give the envelope back to Yul but she knows that Yul is stubborn and will not comply that easily. “It’s not from me, it’s from mama…so it means you have to accept it or else mama will be upset.”


Jessica just sighed in defeat. She knows what Yul is saying is true, it will totally make Mrs. Kwon upset. “Tell your mama, thank you for this.” Jessica smiled timidly while putting the envelope in her bag.


“I’ll be going to work now, take care...Okay?” Yul said as Jessica went out of the car. “Okay, you take care too.” Jessica then waved goodbye to Yul. Jessica then felt a tap on her shoulders to see a bright smiling Tiffany. “Finally you’re here, was that Yul?” Tiffany asked Jessica as they went in the Admission building to pick their subjects. “Yeah, he gave me a ride.” Jessica simply stated with a smile on her face.


Tiffany squealed. “He’s so sweet to drive you here.” The dreamy look on tiffany’s face made Jessica cringe she doesn’t like Tiffany’s over load cuteness especially when the mushroom shows her infamous eyes-smile.


“Can we just go?” Jessica pulled tiffany that it made the mushroom pout. “O come on Jessie, He probably likes you too.” Jessica then stopped from her track and frown. “He only likes me as his best friend nothing more nothing less, and stop bringing my hope up.” Jessica then continues her walk leaving Tiffany behind.


“I’m sorry, Jessie.” Tiffany then shows her eyes-smile to Jessica and she knows that her friend will forgive her right away; her friend hates aegyo after all. “Ugh...its fine just stop showing that will you?” Jessica cringed for the second time seeing her friend's cuteness.


Jessica is at the garden of the Kwon Mansion doing her daily chores; Mrs. Kwon suddenly called out for her from the balcony of the study room. “Jessica dear, can you please come up here?” Jessica looks up to Mrs. Kwon, she nods and smile to the lady.


Jessica immediately went to where Mrs. Kwon is, she knocked lightly at the door, hearing Mrs. Kwon’s voice from the other side she went in. Jessica bows to Mrs. Kwon in respect to the older woman “Do you need something, Auntie?” Jessica asks.


“Yes dear I do.” Mrs. Kwon sat down at the rocking chair near the balcony gesturing Jessica to come near. “Can you please massage my temples Jessica, I’m having a headache.” Jessica quickly follows Mrs. Kwon’s order.


Mrs. Kwon has her eyes closed before proceeding to speak. “I’m not getting any younger and before I leave this world, I still want to see my grandchildren’s…but it seems Yul has no plans on settling down anytime soon.” Mrs. Kwon sighed in exasperation.


Jessica then began to pounder with what Mrs. Kwon has just said. Her best friend getting married that only means their relationship will not be the same anymore, Yul will focus more on his family and they will not hang out anymore like what they always do. She will then feel more alone than before, it seems the love of her life will be more distant to her if that happens. Jessica bit her lip trying to avoid those uncertain thoughts in her head. “Yul is still young, Auntie. I think he just wants to enjoy his youth more before getting married.” Jessica answered. 


“I think so too, but I want him to get married soon, if not I will give away all of his inheritance and he will not get any of it.” Mrs. Kwon stated in finality. Jessica just sighs, feeling how her best friend will take this.


It was already seven o’clock in the morning as Mrs. Kwon made her way to her son’s room. “Good Morning, Mama.” Yul gave his mother a kiss on the cheek. “I’ve told, Jessica…about me wanting you to get married.” Yul look back at his mother. “Really, what did she say about it?” Yul asked his mother while getting a fresh towel from his closet.


“Well…she seems concerned and I made sure that she gets it, now it’s your turn to do your part in this plan, Yul. I really am not getting any younger.” Mrs. Kwon then turned around to leave the room. “And I’m really serious that if you don’t get married soon I will really take your inheritance away.” 


Yul just looked at his mother in disbelief. He and Jessica had indeed been best friend despite the fact that he is a boy and Jessica is a girl, Yul made sure that he always has time for his best friend.


He has always been in love to Jessica ever since they were young, he just couldn’t say it cause Jessica is his best friend, he’s afraid that Jessica might not feel the same way and their friendship will be ruined, after all Jessica only looks at him as her best friend.


Yul and Jessica just came from the mall. They are now in their way home when Yul suggest that they eat first. The two of them entered a fancy restaurant and sat at an isolated corner of the restaurant. They ordered their food first, as the waiter left their table Yul began to speak. “So, Mama told you about it.” Yul just can’t take his eyes off Jessica for him Jessica looks enamoring and perfection to his eyes. 


Jessica eyed Yul before speaking; she began to feel conscious of herself again because of how Yul stare at her. “About you getting married? Yeah, she did.” Jessica spoke. After a few minutes their food arrives, they began talking just about anything but the sensitive topic of Yul getting married is still lingering in their thoughts. Yul can’t take it anymore so he opened that topic again; he wants to know what Jessica thinks of it. “So, what do you think of it?” Yul asked Jessica. Jessica just raised her left eyebrow in curiosity. “Think about what?”


“Your best friend… getting married.” Yul stated while placing his hand on the table and clasping them together, while eyeing his best friend carefully. “Well…you getting married is clearly inevitable you know. Besides I think your mom is right.” Jessica simply answered her best friend.


“And you’re okay with it?” Yul asked Jessica. “Of course I’m okay with it, I’m just your best friend Yul and I don’t run your life.” Jessica took a sip of her drink.


“Marry me.” Yul seriously said. Upon hearing what Yul have just said Jessica almost spit her drink on Yul’s face. Jessica laughed nervously. “Haha…nice joke, Yul.” But upon seeing her best friend’s serious face Jessica eyed him in disbelief. “You can’t be serious?!”


“I am serious.” Yul simply answered. “Yul, our relationship is only in the friendship level, nothing more than that.” Jessica’s heart is frantically beating so fast she even thought it will burst out of her chest.


“I know that, Sica. But hear me out first will you?” Yul suddenly pleaded and showing his puppy face to Jessica. Seeing her best friends’ pleading face made Jessica bit her lip, she must admit marrying her best friend is very tempting. “Fine, I’ll hear you out but it doesn’t mean that I'll agree to it.”


Yul smile sincerely to Jessica before speaking. “Mama wants me to get married within this year, so the first person that I thought that could qualify as my wife is you--” Jessica cut Yul off before he can utter another word. “Yul, can you just get straight to the point?” Seeing Jessica lose her patience Yul took Jessica’s hands tightly. “Please help me, Okay? Besides we know each other like the back of each other’s hands…You’re the only person that I can turn too.”


Jessica was ready to give in to her best friends request but remembering what Mrs. Kwon told her, she pulls her hands away from Yul. “Yul, your mom want grandkids…We can’t give her that and that is just too much for me.” Yul just smiled mischievously at Jessica. “So you’re saying if kids are not involved you’ll help me?”


“You know Yul, you’re the one who’s putting words in my mouth.” Jessica then began massaging her temples, this is just too much for her to handle. Yul then fake a cough to get Jessica’s attention. “We will just have a fake marriage Sica, when Mama transfers all of my inheritance under my name then we can get divorce and I’ll pay you.” Yul offered.


“Yul, people who get married are the ones who love each other, and clearly our love for each other is just under the friendship kind of love.” Jessica reason out, but in the back of her mind Jessica wants to scream to herself to why she won’t just say yes to what Yul wants.


I love him and if we get married I can teach him to love me, it’s not that hard right? Jessica thought.


“Sica, please I’m begging you…no scratch that, I’m pleading for you to say yes…I’ll go down on my knees right now just for you to say yes.” Yul then stands up and was ready to go down to his knees when Jessica stops him. “Alright Yul, I’ll do it just don’t do that…you’ll look pathetic.”


Yul was grinning happily and was now planning on how to get Jessica’s attention, He’ll make sure that Jessica will learn to love him once their married.

**

Five months quickly passed by. Jessica graduated from college alongside Tiffany; Tiffany was also the one she chooses to be her and Yul’s witness in their wedding, Jessica hides the truth to Tiffany behind the reason why Yul and she decided to get married right after her graduation, she just told the mushroom head that Yul confessed to her and she immediately accept Yul’s proposal to her, she was thankful that Tiffany didn’t push the topic any further.


Jessica and Yul are now outside of the Kwon mansion. Yul take Jessica’s hand to assure her that everything will be okay. “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.” Yul smiles at his wife and they began to walk towards the main door. “What if she doesn’t like me?” Yul look at his wife and chuckles. “What makes you think that Mama wouldn’t like you?”


Jessica just sigh. She’s really nervous; she doesn’t know how she’ll face Mrs. Kwon and how are they going to tell her that his son married his best friend; who is just a helper and doesn’t even have a good status in life. “Yul I’m scared.”


“Don’t be scared, Mama will love you.” Yul lead Jessica to the living room to sit on one of the couch. Jessica began fidgeting on her seat. Yul asks one of the helpers to know where is his mother. 


“Oh, Yul there you are…so where’s your wife?” Mrs. Kwon asks her son enthusiastically to see her daughter-in-law. Mrs. Kwon then spots Jessica seating on the couch nervously. “Jessica Dear, are you okay? You look pale.” Mrs. Kwon asks Jessica in concern.


Yul then walk towards Jessica and held his wife’s hand. “Mama, this is my wife...Jessica.” Jessica bows her head cause she’s scared to face Mrs. Kwon and see disappointment in her eyes. To Jessica’s surprise Mrs. Kwon pulls her in for a warm embrace. “Welcome to the family, dear.” Mrs. Kwon smile lovingly to Jessica. “Thank you, Auntie.” Mrs. Kwon then frowns hearing Jessica calling her Auntie. “Jessica dear, don’t call me auntie anymore…call me Mama, okay?” Jessica was surprise but complies to what her mother-in-law wants. “Yes…Mama.” Mrs. Kwon smiles once again and pulls Jessica to the Dining room leaving Yul behind.


Yul just chuckles and follow his wife and mother. He takes his seat beside Jessica while his mother is busy talking just about anything to his wife and it made him happy seeing Jessica smile.


Right after dinner Yul excused himself and his wife, knowing Jessica is probably tired after a long day and being nervous thinking that his mom will not accept her. Yul went towards the closet and get something that looks like a mini-book. Yul then went towards his wife to hand it to her. “Sica, here.”


Jessica then look at his husband with a confuse look on why his handing him a bank book. “What am I going to do with this?”


“That’s the money that I promised you when you agreed to marry me.”


Jessica looks at her husband in disbelief. “Yul, I married you because you were in a crisis…I didn’t ask you to pay me!” Jessica is starting to get angry at her best friend. She agree to marry her best friend because he is in need and She loves him, and she most certainly didn’t agree too Yul paying him. She didn’t marry him for money; she married him because of love as her best friend and a secret love that she has kept all her life.


Yul sighed. He’s scared whenever Jessica shouts because it’s very rare for her to do so. “I’m sorry Sica, I don’t care if you accept it or not…it’s yours already.” 


“For the last time Yul, I don’t need this.” Jessica was on the brink of tearing up and Yul can’t take that. He hugs Jessica tightly but Jessica tries to push Yul away. “Okay, Sica I’m sorry…we’ll change it okay? We can just have a joint account, so whenever you need anything…you can use that instead.” Yul tries to choose his words carefully, knowing his best friend; Jessica can be very scary sometimes.


Jessica then stops crying but remain in Yul’s arms, she likes it when Yul hugs her; she feels safe. Jessica was starting to doze off, when Yul lifted her up; bridal style. “Yah! What are you doing?!” Jessica began shouting at Yul. “I’m putting you to bed.” Yul placed Jessica to the bed. “Go to sleep now sica, you must be tired.” He then proceeded to the bathroom to change his clothes.


**

Jessica has been observing her husband’s odd behavior like going home late or drunk, this behavior of Yul kept on happening and it has been weeks already, Jessica wants to confront her husband but their relationship as husband and wife is just on that marriage contract they signed and not in real life.


Yul came home drunk again. Jessica sighed in frustration; it has been the third time this week that Yul came home like this. Jessica went to the bathroom to get some clean towel and warm water to clean her husband up. Jessica began taking Yul’s shirt off him and started cleaning him up.


Suddenly Yul open his eyes and See his wife. “What are you doing?” He asks.


Jessica just proceeds to what she was doing. “I’m cleaning you up, you look like a mess.”


Yul suddenly grab Jessica’s hand and pin her down the bed.


"Yah, what do you think you're doing?!" Jessica asked while trying to squirm away from Yul's grip.


"You smell...really nice" Yul said with the mischievous glint in his eyes. Yul had the evil look on his face as he tries to survey Jessica from head to toe. He starts to remove Jessica's nightgown and placed his hand on her thighs. 


"Yul,please...s-stop" Jessica whispered in Yul's ear...little did she know she's turning him on. Jessica wants to cry from what Yul is doing to her.


Yul then began kissing her on the lips softly...as much as Jessica wants to stop Yul, she can't help but respond it was her first kiss and it was Yul who is kissing her.


The kiss then turned passionate due to Jessica's respond to Yul's kiss. Yul's lips slowly went down to Jessica's neck that it snap her back to her sanity.


Jessica tried to push Yul off but he was stronger and bigger than her, that Yul is using his weight in order for Jessica to stay still.


"Yul, please I'm begging you...stop." Jessica pleaded to Yul but it seems the guy is to engross to what he was doing. Jessica doesn't really want Yul to stop whatever he was doing to her.


If this is the only way for her to show him how much Jessica loves him, and so be it. She's willing to give everything she has for him...her unrequited love for her best friend.


The pain was excruciating and unbearable for Jessica, she bit Yul's shoulder in order for her to muffle her cries. Yul starts kissing her face to distract her from the pain.


"The pain will be gone soon." Yul whispers softly to her ears.


As the pain subsided, an unexplainable feeling began to resurface from Jessica, reaching the point of no return Yul and Jessica was brought back down on earth from their own passion and love for each other.


Yul pull Jessica for an embrace and kiss her on the forehead, Jessica fell asleep in Yul's arm.


After the incident, Yul and Jessica rarely speak to each other, Yul will try to avoid and make distance from her...Jessica is hurt from what Yul is doing.


Jessica was in the bathroom and wonder to herself, to why her monthly due is delayed. A sudden pit from her stomach made her scared; she hurriedly went out of the bathroom to their room and look at the desk calendar that is place on the side table.


Not wanting to take any chances Jessica went out to buy a pregnancy kit. Jessica was pacing back and forth waiting for the result, she slowly took a peek at it and to her great surprise a positive sign can be seen.


She doesn't know if she should be happy or not, She's going to be a mother and the baby is hers and Yul's, She touch her tummy but soon frown, their marriage is fake...what will happen to the baby now? What if he wants to abort their baby?


Will she stand by Yul's decision if ever or keep the baby? She was close to crying when the door suddenly opens revealing Yul.


Yul look at his wife with guilt, he doesn't know how to talk to her after what happened, he's afraid that she might be might mad at him from taking advantage of her in his drunken state...She doesn't talk to him either and that is clearly not helping him.


Breaking the awkward silence the both of them speak at the same time. "I have to tell you something..." the two of them look at each other in surprise.


"You go first, Sica" Yul initiated. Jessica just shakes her head and motion for Yul to go first.


Yul took in a lot of air before speaking. "I'm sorry..." Yul look at her with guilty eyes. Sorry?! Jessica wants to scream at him...now his sorry, now that what happened between them has resulted to a child in her womb? 


Jessica wants to sneer...of course he's sorry, who wouldn't be? The mother of his child is just a poor family helper of theirs, Jessica thought.
Yul continue to speak. "I was drunk and I don't know what has gott--" Yul couldn't continue his words when Jessica interjected and drop the bomb at him. "I'm pregnant" Jessica spoke softly, not wanting to look straight in his eyes and see rejection and anger.


"What did you say?" Yul asked in disbelief, still can't believe what he was hearing from her.


"I said I'm pregnant, Yul" Jessica spoke in a much clearer and louder voice.


Yul swept Jessica off her feet and twirl her around and around their room while shouting so loudly. "I'm going to be a dad." He was jumping in happiness while shouting.


"Yul, put me down...i think I’m going to be sick if you don't stop." Jessica hit Yul on the head to put her down.


Yul grins sheepishly to Jessica. "Sorry, I’m just so happy that I couldn't believe it."


"Yul, when I agree to marry you...we clearly made sure that a child wouldn't be involve...did you plan all this, huh?" Jessica fumes in anger while looking at Yul.


Yul shook his head."No no...Of course not, I’m your best friend, will i ever lie to you?"


"I don't know Yul, i don't know what to believe anymore...what will happen to the baby once we get divorced?" Jessica sat down on the bed.
"Don't you even dare abort my baby! That’s my baby...our baby! So don't you even dare, Sica." Yul raised his voice.


"YAH! are you shouting at me?!?!" Jessica shouts at Yul, she wants to scratch Yul's face for no reason at all. Mood swings Yul thought.


Yul scratch the back of his head and look at Jessica apologetically. "Sorry, sica." Yul knelt in front of her. "Look we are keeping OUR baby and we are not going to get a divorce...our baby will grow up in a complete family" Yul smile while poking Jessica's stomach.


"Yah! you babo...don't poke my stomach." Jessica hit Yul on the head again.


"Sorry, do you want to eat something? Are you craving for something, huh? Tell me...I’ll go get it for you." Yul asks excitement can clearly be seen on his face.


Jessica just shakes her head.


"I'll bring you to the hospital tomorrow, so you can have a proper check up."


**

Eight months passed by quickly and Jessica's pregnancy will be due anytime soon. Yul has been with Jessica through every step of the way, Yul will always be with her during her monthly check up, he'll always buy her favorite food or just anything she wants that there are times that Jessica wakes him up in the middle of the might just to eat.


there was one incident where the food that Jessica wanted can only be gotten from another country that he has to fly over there just to get it for her, which earns him a kiss on the cheek...leaving him on cloud nine. He pampers Jessica with her every want and need. Mrs. Kwon even bought tons of baby clothes, toys, diapers, and just about anything that the baby will need.


Yul wasn't the only one who was static when Jessica gave birth to a healthy baby girl, and they name her Yoona.


They were in Jessica’s hospital room, when the nurse brought Yoona in. Mrs. Kwon lifts Yoona up delicately. “Ohhh…look at her she’s so cute, she definitely looks like me.”


“What are you talking about, Mama? She looks like me.” Yul said, Mrs. Kwon just roll her eyes. “She most certainly looks like me, why don’t you and jessica just make another baby…I’m sure it will look like you.”


Jessica was blushing like mad due to Mrs. Kwon’s word, if only she knew the truth. “Did you hear that Sicababy? You haven’t got out of the hospital yet; Mama already wants us to make Yoona a sibling.” He gave Jessica a kiss on the lips.


They have to act like a sweet married couple in front of Yul’s mother, clearly Yul is taking advantage of this moment…plus Jessica is not allowed to talk due to her stitches. But when Mrs. Kwon is not looking she’ll elbow Yul on the rib and glare at him.


**


Yoona is now three years old. Jessica can bring Yoona anywhere, and they are at the mall, buying some groceries. “Umma, I want some chips…can we get some?” Yoona asks her mother.


“Sure, Honey…what do you want?” Jessica asks Yoona while pushing the push cart.


Yoona then starts pointing at different kinds of junk food, Jessica can’t help but shake her head…she wonder how did she get a shikshin for a daughter?


A woman suddenly caught Jessica’s attention, it was Yul’s on and off girlfriend; Victoria. Jessica was about to turn around when Victoria call her attention.


“Hey, Jessica.” Victoria greet her arrogantly and then turn her attention to Yoona who is hugging a deer plushie. “Oh, is she your daughter?”


Yoona immediately went to hide behind Jessica’s leg. “Yeah, she’s my and Yul’s daughter.” Jessica turns around and pats Yoona’s head. “Honey, say hi to the ‘nice’ lady.”


“Hi.” Yoona bows and quickly hug Jessica’s leg.


“She’s a nice kid. I still wonder why Yul choose to marry you, when I can give him much more what you can give him.” Victoria brag with so much cockiness in her voice.


Jessica tries her best not to do anything evil and uncivilized to Victoria. “You’re right, maybe you can give him so much more of what I can, He just choose to put a ring on my finger and a choose me to be the mother of his child.” Jessica smiles triumphantly seeing Victoria’s fuming expression.


“Yoona, say goodbye to the lady.” Jessica ordered Yoona nicely. Yoona wave her hand to Victoria. “Bye-bye.”


**


Yul was inside their bedroom when Jessica went inside. “So, your girlfriend is back in town, huh?” 


“Yeah, she is.” Yul replied nonchalantly.


Jessica continues. “We saw her at the mall just now.” Yul look up to Jessica. Yoona then went in their room without any clothes running away from a maid. Umma…Umma.” Yoona called out to her mother. “What is it Yoona? Shouldn’t you be taking your bath and not pulling pranks?” Jessica scoops Yoona up.


“But I want to take a bath in the huge tub in your bathroom.” Yoona pouts and show her cuteness to her mother; Jessica knew that she shouldn’t have picked Tiffany as Yoona’s Godmother. Tiffany teaches Yoona too much aegyo.


Jessica took the towel from the maid and proceeds to the bathroom with Yoona in hand. Yul looks at them and got a mischievous smirk on his face. Yul made his plan and wait for Jessica to take the bait, the moment Jessica went out of the bathroom she heard Yul on the phone talking to someone.


Yul can see Jessica from the corner of his eyes; he was smiling from ear to ear. “Okay, Victoria…I’ll see you soon. I love you.” The moment Yul put his phone down Jessica march towards him, Jessica grab his phone and threw it towards the wall. 


Yul look at Jessica in shock he never imagine Jessica doing something like that. “Yah! that was my phone!” 


“Next time it will be your head that’s going to make a hard impact towards that wall… You know what Yul? Throughout this entire marriage you’re the one who benefited the most, the only thing that I got in this marriage is headaches cause of you and guess what maybe it’s time for me to live my own life!” Jessica slams the door hard that it startled Yoona who just came out of the bathroom.


“Appa, why is Umma mad?” Yoona went up the bed and sat on Yul’s lap. “Nothing, Yoong…Appa was just playing some tricks on, Umma.”


“You know Appa, me and Umma met a scary lady today. She’s like a witch in the stories that Umma reads to me and she was very rude to Umma…I don’t like her.” Yoona complains, Yul was fuming in anger.


**


Yul sat in a restaurant waiting for someone who is not surprisingly late for him. “Hey there you are.” A familiar voice greeted him. “So miss me? It seems your wife doesn’t give much attention to your needs.”


“Shut your mouth, Victoria!” Yul hissed, he doesn’t like it when someone talks about her wife that way. “I came here to warn you! Stay away from my wife and daughter. If you don’t, I’m going to forget that you’re a woman and I’ll strangle you!”


They were attracting attention from the other customer of the restaurant. “Yul, lower down your voice.”


“I don’t care if everyone hears what I have to say.”


Victoria sighs. “Alright, Yul. The moment that I saw them at the mall was just a pure coincidence.”


Yul cut Victoria off. “Coincidence or not, stay away from them…mark my words, Victoria. You know me; I mean it when I said I’ll strangle you if you don’t stay away from them.”


“I already accepted my defeat, Yul. You’re so lucky with Jessica she gave you a wonderful daughter. You must be really happy, you married the girl you wanted you’re entire life. She must be really happy knowing how much you love her.” Victoria smile sadly. “I didn’t come here to ruin your life and your family; I came to settle everything I left behind here in Korea, I already knew from the start that I never once caught your heart, I guess I was just a bit challenged with that fact that I can see that I’m more higher than Jessica but she have a strong hold on you while I can’t even reach you.”


“Good, then eat your heart out alone and stay away from us.” Yul stands up and left Victoria alone inside the restaurant.


**


Jessica is now standing by the window of Tiffany’s house. “What happened? Did you and Yul fight? That’s just normal for a married couple to fight.” Tiffany handed Jessica a cup of Tea.


Jessica thinks it’s about time to tell Tiffany the truth. “We aren’t actually married.” Tiffany was shock from what she heard from her friend.


“Pardon me? Can you repeat what you’ve just said?”


Jessica told Tiffany everything. “But how about Yoona? How did she happen?”


“It was just an accident, Yul came home drunk one night then poof next thing I knew I was conceiving Yoona and the next I gave birth to her.” Jessica was crying already. She wished she brought Yoona with her but she didn’t really exactly know where she’s going.


“Don’t worry you can stay here as long as you want.” Tiffany offered she can clearly see that Jessica is really sad and heartbroken without Yul and Yoona by her side.


Jessica wipes away her tears and let out a sad laugh. “I’m sorry, fany. Don’t worry I’ll find a job, so I can help you out…I just don’t have any experience, I have been living my life behind Yul’s shadow that I forgot how to be independent again.”


“What about what happened between you and Yul when Yoona was conceived, wasn’t that an experience?” Tiffany teased.


Jessica can’t help but blush. “Yah, Miyoung!” The both of them burst out laughing. “I’ll tell Tae-tae that you need a job, I bet he can help you out.” Tiffany offered.


Jessica was puzzled. “Who’s Tae-tae?”


“Oh, did I forget to tell you? His my boyfriend, he’s coming home any moment now.” Tiffany informed Jessica.


“Yah! Why didn’t you tell me that you have a boyfriend? I don’t want to intrude with you and your boyfriend’s alone time.”


Tiffany rolls her eyes. “Oh, please…you won’t intrude and besides I need somebody with me when he’s not around.” 


The door creaked open. “Mushroom, I’m home.” The guy shouts. “He’s here, let’s go Jessie. I want you to meet him!”


“Tae-tae, you’re here. I want you to meet my friend…Jessica. Jessica Kw-Jung!” Tiffany introduce Jessica, Tiffany smiled nervously to Jessica…she knows that her friend might not want to hear anything related to Yul.


The guy smiles. “Hi, I’m Kim Taeng. So you’re tiffany’s friend.” Jessica and Taeng shake hands.


It has been a week since Jessica began living her own life without Yul and Yoona. She tries to put a strong face and happy smile when she goes to work, but during the night she silently cries thinking how much she misses the two.


**


“Appa, when is Umma coming home?” Yoona asked Yul for the umpteenth time. Yoona misses her Umma so much, and it breaks Yul’s heart seeing her daughter like this, he too misses Jessica so much.


But he doesn’t know where Jessica is. “Don’t worry, Yoong. Umma will come home soon, okay? You need to get well soon, so when Umma comes home…the three of us can go and spend time together, okay?” Yul kiss Yoona on the forehead. 


Yul made sure Yoona is already asleep when he left. He then remembers tiffany, Jessica’s college friend. He dials a number to get information to where Tiffany lives.


**


He parks his car and waits for Jessica to arrive at Tiffany’s home. Moments later a car stops in front of Tiffany’s house, he doesn’t recognize the guy but he recognize the person seating on the passenger’s seat, it’s his wife; Jessica.


The guy help Jessica out of the car and Jessica smile sweetly at him, the guy held Jessica on the elbow and it made him fume in anger and jealousy. Yul rushed out of his car towards where the guy and Jessica are.


Without thinking he punches the guy in the face. “Stay away from my wife!”


Taeng stumbles down on the cold concrete when a sudden impact on his jaw hit him. Jessica was shock from what happened and immediately rush to help Taeng up. “Taeng, are you okay?” Jessica asked in concern ignoring Yul who is angrier that ever seeing Jessica cares for the other guy.

Jessica doesn’t want Tiffany to be upset to see her boyfriend with a black eye on his face due to her husband’s stupidity.


“YAH! What is wrong with you just going here and punching people?!” Jessica shouts at Yul and push him. “Is that the guy you left me for?! What does he have that I don’t? What can he possibly give you that, I don’t?!?” Yul can’t help but shout, he doesn’t like the fact that this guy stole Jessica away from him.


“Yes he’s the guy I left you for! He can make me happy unlike you! My entire life had revolved around you, I have loved you all this time but I guess you’re not worth any of it!” Jessica can’t hold her tears, maybe it’s about time that Yul knows her true feelings…she doesn’t have anything to lose anyway.


Yul was stunned with Jessica’s confession. He wants to ask how, since when…how come she said it just now, but his tongue is all tied up. He’s facial expression soften, He tries to move and get closer to Jessica, but she move away. “Jessica, let’s go home. Yoona needs you.” Yul pleads but Jessica just ignores him.


“Taeng honey, let’s get inside and put some ice on your bruise.” Jessica held Taeng by the waist. Jessica fells guilty using Taeng to make Yul jealous, just to see if her husband feels the same way. “Don’t use our daughter for your impudence, just leave us alone!” Jessica shoves Yul out of their way.


“Jessica…please.” Yul pleaded to Jessica for the second time. In all honesty Jessica wanted to go home hearing that her daughter is sick. 


Jessica slam the door on Yul’s face, saying get lost.


**


Yul sigh in defeat. He went home with a sad face and a broken heart. He went to Yoona’s room to check on her condition.


“Appa!” Yoona calls out, the moment he open the door. Yoona frantically looked at his back to see if her Umma is with him, Yoona frown. “Appa, where is Umma? Isn’t she coming home today?”


Yul shakes his head. “Don’t worry, Yoong. You’re Umma will come home tomorrow. In fact Appa will bring Umma home tomorrow.” Yul reassures his daughter.


Jessica apologized to Taeng and Tiffany for the hundred times. “I’m really sorry you two, I’m sorry for dragging you in my crazy marriage relationship.” Jessica buried her face in her palms.


Tiffany soothed Jessica buy rubbing the latter’s back gently. “Jessie, stop saying sorry, okay? It’s fine we totally understand, we know that you used Tae-tae to get back at Yul for ignoring your feeling for him.” Tiffany reassure and console Jessica again.


“Your husband is definitely, jealous. He packs a punch. I think he almost dislocated my jaw.” Taeng laugh at his lame joke while the two girls eyed him.


“He doesn’t love me, he—“ Taeng cut Jessica off. “Doesn’t love you?! Haven’t you seen how he looks at me back there? I think he wants to skin me alive thinking that I took you away from him.”


“How did you know that anyway?” Jessica asks curiously, it wouldn’t help to asks, right? Jessica thought.


“I’m a guy too, Jessica. If a guy would possibly take Tiffany away from me, I’ll act the same way your husband did! Trust me, he loves you…I’ll even bet my entire year salary.” Taeng pushes further.


Jessica’s head is spinning from what just happened between her and her husband. She can’t help but think that maybe Taeng was right that, maybe Yul feels the same way.


**


Jessica was left alone in Tiffany’s house. The couple went out on a two day date leaving Jessica alone in the house. Jessica just laze around the house, she received a text from tiffany saying that a package is coming today and asks her to wait for it and check it’s content.


A delivery boy rang the door bell with a huge package in tow. The delivery boy brought the huge package in the living room. Another text came from tiffany, saying to open the box to see that nothing is damaged.


Jessica untapped the box but didn’t bother to open the package, her phone rang signaling that somebody is calling. It was tiffany telling her what to do with the package.


A pair of arms suddenly wrap itself around Jessica, she was about to scream when a pair of familiar lips sealed hers. Her eyes widen seeing Yul in front of her.


Once the shock was out of her she starts hitting Yul on his chest, she was muffling in coherent sounds. Yul peeled his lips away from Jessica’s. Gluing their foreheads together, Yul spoke. “Everything you said last night, was those entirely true, the one that you love me all this time?”


Jessica raised an eyebrow. “What’s it to you?!” She tries to push Yul away from her but it made Yul hug her even tighter, Yul smirks and kiss Jessica again.


She was surprise from Yul’s action; he never acts this way towards her. “Why are suddenly acting this way?!”


Yul move his lips close to Jessica’s ear and whisper. “Maybe, because… I love you too.” He bit her ear, Jessica gasp not because of Yul’s action but his confession. She cannot believe that her best friend loves her too.


Yul nuzzle his nose to Jessica’s cheek, seeing her zoning out he can’t help but chuckle how cute Jessica is. “Sica…baby…Sicababy.” Yul calls out to get her attention.


Succeeding in getting her attention, Yul opened his mouth to speak again but was sealed by Jessica’s lips. “Stop talking and just kiss me, you babo.”


“But don’t you wanna hear my confession?” Yul asks much to Jessica’s annoyance due to her husband’s slow mind. “We have our whole married life for me to hear your confession…” Jessica pulls Yul by his collar.


“I know but--” Jessica cut Yul’s sentence off. “Do.you.want.to.kiss.me.or.not?” Jessica is starting to become impatient, if Yul doesn’t do it, she will.


“What kind of a question is that? Of course I do!”


Yul didn’t say anything more and capture Jessica’s lips immediately. The kiss would have gotten further if it wasn’t for Yul’s phone sudden ring.


It was his mom, who’s calling.


“Hello?”


“Appa~!” It was yoona on the other side of the line. Yul look at Jessica and mouthed ‘Yoona’, Jessica just nod her head. “Appa where’s Umma~~?” Yoona whines that it made Jessica giggle.


Yoona recognize her mother’s giggle anywhere. “Umma…Umma…Umma.” Yoona calls out. Jessica snatched the phone from Yul and Talk to Yoona, Yul just look intently at his wife, and he still can’t understand how a woman like her wife talks ily on the phone.


“Don’t worry Yoona, Umma and Appa is coming home.” Jessica said her goodbye to Yoona before giving Yul his phone back. “Seobang, let’s go home.”


Yul pouts. “Can’t we just stay here a bit more? Once we get home Yoona will cling to you like a spider monkey and I won’t get some alone time with you.” He whines childishly. Jessica leans in to whisper something to him. “Tonight.” Jessica said in a seductive tone that it made Yul perk up in excitement. “Really?!”


“No…” Jessica flatly rejected. “Now let’s go home.” 


“Sica~!”


“I said NO!”


“Can I at least get a kiss?” Yul hopefully ask her.


Jessica shot a glare at her husband; he’s becoming a nauseous to her. “No, now aren’t you going to unlock the car, or do you want me to drive?!”


“But you can’t drive.”


“Exactly my point…now if you want that alone time, let’s head home so, Yoona can get her time with me and then YOU. don’t be too happy you have a lot of making up to do.” Jessica explains.


“Again…can I at least get a kiss?” Yul persuade again.


Jessica sighs in defeat, stomping towards her husband she pull Yul and crash her lips to his. Yul snake his arms around Jessica the moment their touch lips he never knew his wife is this gullible. The two shamelessly kiss in public not knowing that they are attracting a lot of audience.


“Tsk…married couple these days, just can’t stop showing their affection to each other in public.” An old woman commented while passing by the two.


The two break apart shyly after hearing the old woman’s comment. “Let’s go home. Yoona must be waiting for us by the front door.” Yul pulls Jessica for a tight amorous embrace.


“I love you.” Finally hearing those three words she has been longing to hear, Jessica can’t help but giggle but melts in the inside. “Hey, no I love you too?” Yul whines.


“Fine. I love you too, happy?!”


“Ecstatic!” Yul grins. Jessica might be annoyed in saying it but Yul knows she’s sincere, he knows her like the back of his hand after all.
“Good, now let’s go home.”


“I still want that alone time with you…” Yul pushes ‘the alone with Jessica’ motive again.


“Yeah, yeah, you’ll get it if you earn it.” Jessica shakes her head in disbelief he really wouldn’t stop until he gets what he wants. Yoona must have inherited it from him.


**


After a year, Jessica is screaming at the top off her lungs. Her voice can be heard thru out the wide hallway. “Yul~~~~~~ this is all your fault that’s why I’m in this hospital bed again!!!!” Jessica screams while gripping Yul’s swollen ears for the past four hours.


It took nine excruciating hours before Jessica let go of Yul’s ear and delivering the baby. Yul thought it will never end and almost promise himself to never get Jessica get pregnant again if it weren’t for Jessica shouting how much she loves him plus adding some curse words at the end.


A new baby girl is now added to the Kwon family and they name her, Krystal. She looks more like Jessica while Yoona resembles Yul. Yul carried Yoona in the hospital room where Jessica and Baby Krystal is. “Appa is that my sister?” Yoona asks her father.


“Yes she is.”


“How come she looks more like Umma, while I look more like you?”


Yul was taken aback by Yoona’s silly question. “Why don’t you wanna look like your Appa?”


“Of course I Do, that’s why Umma loves me so much because I look like you.” Yoona happily chimes. Yul laughs. “That’s my daughter.”


Yul put Yoona down beside Jessica, Yul took Krystal from Jessica. “Yul! What happened to your ear?” Jessica asks in concern not knowing she’s the one who cause it.


“Umma don’t you remember you were yanking Appa’s ear hours ago. Appa almost cried in pain.” Yoona explains to her mother while playing with her deer plushie.


“Don’t worry about it Baby, my ears are fine.” Yul gave Jessica a reassuring smile. “Come here, Seobang. Let me kiss that ear so it’ll feel better.”


“Umma, is my sister going to sleep in my room too?” Yoona ask. “No. Honey, she’ll stay in the room next to you.”


Yoona nods in understanding. “But that was an extra room before right?”


“It was…why do you keep on asking these questions?” Jessica caresses Yoona’s hair.


Yoona just shakes her head. “We have a lot of extra rooms in the house, does that mean you and Appa will fill each one with babies?”


Jessica’s eyes almost pop out of its sockets and Yul has his mouth wide open. Jessica turn her attention to Yul and shot him a glare saying ‘what have you been teaching our daughter, you are so going to get it when we get home’ look.


Yul and Jessica just let out a nervous laugh, Yul turn to Yoona while Jessica wasn’t looking and mouthing ‘MAYBE’.