Artificial Love

A YulSic and RF deprived collection

btw, this is like a fill in the blank kind of fic. it's you who will supply some of the missing scene in the story.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Hey! Genius, are you home?” Sooyoung called out while knocking on her best friend’s door cause it’s the time of the week again where she always visit her best friend and check up on her if she’s still breathing or what not.


She can’t understand why she has a best friend for a genius; A friggin’ genius who lives’ on the outskirts of town ALONE.


Fishing her phone out of her pocket to give her best friend a call for she’s already freezing to death just staying outside and waiting for a miracle to happen, that her best friend will magically open the door for her.


Successfully calling her best friend, Sooyoung can’t help but shout at her best friend through her phone, she doesn’t care if her voice is too loud; no one will hear her anyway.


“YAH! Kwon Yuri, open your g*ddamn door!”


After a minute or two the front door is finally open, Sooyoung didn’t wait for Yuri to fully open the door for her, she immediately dashed in.


“Hey, Soo. What are you doing here?” Yuri asked Sooyoung in a tired tone.


Sooyoung didn’t seem to hear Yuri’s question cause her attention was focus on the inside of the house. “Oh my good lord, what happened to your house?”


The entire place looks like a haunted house, all the furniture’s are covered with dust, and her best friend should’ve covered everything with a white cloth to give it some dignity.


Spider web hanging on the side of the ceiling, all the curtains are shut that no ray of sunlight even dare to go through and it’s pitch black.


“I think you’re too early for the next Halloween, Yul and have you forgotten to pay your bills again?” Sooyoung wanted to say and ask.


“I’m just checking up on you, if you’re still breathing and what not. Also to remind you, that WE…YOUR FRIENDS, are still alive.


Thank you for asking.” Sooyoung spat out instead with all the sarcasm that she can muster before turning the lights on.


Yuri shut her eyes due to the blinding light before slowly opening it again to let her eyes adjust.


“Again…you’re here, why?” Yuri asked once more ignoring Sooyoung’s sarcasm earlier.


“I already told you that I’m here to visit you, so what have you been up to?” Sooyoung rolled her eyes before making her way to her best friend’s kitchen; to the fridge to be exact.


Yuri followed Sooyoung to the kitchen for her stomach is already grumbling and asking for food. “Just the usual thing…wait here, I left Chewbacca down the lab.”


Before Sooyoung could ask what the heck a Chewbacca is, Yuri is already gone. Sooyoung decided to just wait for Yuri to come back.


Sooyoung was rummaging through the fridge when Yuri came back with a dog in hand, she place the dog down the floor before helping Sooyoung in preparing their food.


The dog almost gave Sooyoung a heart attack when it starts her toes; she looks at the dog and it amaze her cause the dog indeed looks like Chewbacca from star wars. “Omo…the dog is so cute!”

 

cr: to the owner

 

She picks the dog up while letting Yuri do all the work, she observed the dog carefully for it clearly is so adorable for her but something caught Sooyoung’s attention.


The dog’s left eye seems to be different, of course all dogs have different kinds of eyes but this one is the most different one that she had even seen in her entire life.


Its left eye looks like a glass bulb and its pupil seems to be made of a halogen lamp; Sooyoung placed the dog down the table while carefully examining the dog like an experiment of some sort. “Yuri, where did you get this dog?”


“I got him from the company lab; I ask Yoona if I can have that dog.” Yuri answered Sooyoung’s question as if it was just nothing.


Sooyoung turned her attention to Yuri; she’s being suspicious about her friend and the dog. “Did you do an experiment on this dog?”


“Yes.” Yuri answered Sooyoung nonchalantly as if it was not a big deal.


“Look, the dog was practically dead and Yoona doesn’t really want to put the dog on a permanent sleep so I just ask her if I can have the dog and she said yes.” Yuri explained.


“What kind of an experiment did you do to the dog?” Sooyoung asked feeling a slight of relief.


“I sort of fixed him.” Yuri answered unsure.


“Can you elaborate on that?” Sooyoung asked while playing with the dog.


Yuri placed the food on the table so the two of them can get ready to eat. “Soo, put him down.”


Sooyoung complied with what Yuri wants, she place the dog down on the floor before munching on her food. “Hey, continue with what you were telling me.”


While munching on her food, Yuri began to tell Sooyoung what she did to the dog. “Well, after I got him from the company lab I took him home. I asked Yoona to fax me the files regarding this dog; I found out that he was rescued from a pound…more like an illegal pound, he was badly beaten and some of his internal organs weren’t functioning anymore so I performed surgery on him.”


“Come on, Yul. You’re killing me in suspense here just tell me what your ingeniousness did to this dog.” Sooyoung pointed her fork to the dog that’s seating obediently on the floor.


“I replaced his left eye, kidney and liver with artificial ones…” Yuri was about to continue when Sooyoung cut her off.


“Wait…I thought those artificial liver was a totally fail? They say it didn’t work so they rejected continuing that one?” Sooyoung asked.


“What you said was true but mine worked properly, that’s why I love being a genius.” Yuri grins from ear to ear.


“Yeah…you being a genius is indeed helping you with your social life cause you remember us every day.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes and it seems her sarcasm is on the roll right now.


“I’m sorry I was just busy with my research, work and all.” Yuri defended. “Besides I’m happy with what I’m doing with my life and I’m sorry if I haven’t been hanging out with you guys lately.”


“Dude…you’re alone in life, you have no one to share your happiness with.” Sooyoung said straight to the point.


“I have, Chewbacca with me now.” Yuri said before scooping the dog up.


“Yeah…why don’t you make out with Chewbacca.”


“Why are you so worked up on this, Soo. Just because you have Sunny with you, while Taeyeon have Tiffany, Yoona have
Seohyun and Hyoyeon have Nicole, doesn’t mean I have to find someone for me.” Yuri stood up before grabbing the plates and placing it down the sink.


“I won’t always be here to visit you cause there are thing that I need to prioritize in life just like our friends, think about it, Yul. Doesn’t this house makes you feel so alone? This house is too spacious for one person.” Sooyoung said in a sad tone.


“Alright, Soo. I’ll think about it…okay?”


Sooyoung nods her head. “Anyway…I came here for a reason; I’m here to remind you about the company party that will happen tomorrow, you need to be there.”


“Right…the party, sure I’ll be there.” Yuri answered unenthusiastically, clearly not wanting to be part of the upcoming event.




**



Yuri did attend the party by Sooyoung’s request, and she is indeed enjoying her time…NOT.


She wants to get the h*ll out of this party, she doesn’t like mingling with people cause all she needs is inside the confinement of her home; her precious lab.


Looking around to find her friends but to no avail, Yuri decided to boycott the party and just go down to the company lab to do some work or to just really stay away from people who keeps on making conversations with her especially those guys down the research department.


Yuri is walking down the white abandon hallway, when she saw Seohyun jolting down information on a clip board in hand.


“Hey, Seohyun.” Yuri greeted Seohyun.


Yuri immediately felt the cold airy atmosphere of the room the moment she steps in.


Seohyun stops with what she was doing before turning her attention to Yuri. “Hi, Yuri Unnie.”


Yuri’s right eye twitch when she remembered what room she’s in, it’s the room where they dump corpses to be use for human experiment, research and be their test lab without being sued by the government.


This is what Seohyun’s job is, it’s to file information about the corpses that was being taken here before allowing anyone to take or request a corpse to be use on just about anything they want.


In all Yuri’s years working here, she has never use a human’s body for research or anything, it gives her the creeps just by thinking about it; using someone’s dead body just for an experiment.


She exits the room without forgetting to bid Seohyun goodbye and asking where the others are.


Successfully finding her friends, the party became less boring except for the fact that she was the only one in her clique without any date.


Yuri has to endure seating on their table watching all her friends coupled up while being sweet and intimate with each other, not even caring about her.




**



Another week has passed and Sooyoung is once again in front of Yuri’s door step, she knocked a few times and to her surprise somebody opens the door for her.


But what gave her a shock is that it’s not her best friend who opened the door for her but a girl who seems to be emitting a cold intimidating aura with a piercing glare.


“Uhhh…” Sooyoung stammered not knowing what to say to the person in front of her and the girl’s way of looking at her is clearly not helping her at all.


Sooyoung scratched the back of her head before opening to speak again. “Does Kwon Yuri live here?”


She doesn’t know why she asked that question, of course her best friend lives here. Yuri’s mickey mouse mailbox is the sole proof to that dumb question of hers.


The girl didn’t even flinch nor react to her question and just stare glare at her before the girl reacts to her question.


The girl turns around but didn’t let her in; the girl uses her body to block Sooyoung’s way. “Seobang, somebody’s looking for you.”


“Who is it?” Sooyoung heard Yuri’s voice and it seems to be coming from the kitchen.


The girl’s attention is towards her again.


“Who are you?” The girl’s tone of voice didn’t even change.


“Man this girl is scary.” Sooyoung thought.


Sooyoung was about to open to introduce herself but she saw Yuri’s figure towering the girl in front of her.


“Hey, Soo.” Yuri greeted Sooyoung with a smile before she wraps her arms around the girl’s waist that is blocking Sooyoung.


“Oh, right…come in.” Yuri pulled the girl from the waist letting Sooyoung in her house.


The girl in Yuri’s arms turn around burying her face in Yuri’s chest, as if looking shy and embarrass.


‘Who’s she?’ Sooyoung mouthed before pointing at the girl in Yuri’s embrace with a bewildered look.


Yuri then whispered something to the girl making the girl nod in obedience to what Yuri said.


“Soo, I want you to meet Jessica and Jessica this is my best buddy, Sooyoung.” Yuri introduced the two to each other.


The girl named Jessica became nice to Sooyoung but the girl still kept the glare that she was giving Sooyoung but this time it looks more like a territorial glare.


Sooyoung tried to push it away even if she couldn’t, she just try to put a happy face for her best friend.


“I swear this is going to be the last time that I’m going to visit Yuri, alone.” Sooyoung said to herself.


Sooyoung smiled timidly to Jessica. “Hi.”


That was all Sooyoung can say to Jessica and the girl just gave Sooyoung a blank stare making it more awkward and scary for Sooyoung.


“Why don’t you continue what you were reading while Sooyoung and I go down the lab to check on something?” Yuri said to Jessica.


Jessica didn’t say anything but smile at Yuri before nodding.


The two made their way downstairs where Yuri’s lab can be found but instead of staying in the lab Yuri lead Sooyoung to her study room inside the lab.


Yuri leans on her desk casually while Sooyoung stand right in front of her.


“So, when did you and Jessica meet each other?” Sooyoung began to ask Yuri.


“Last week.” Yuri replied coolly while trying to hide something from Sooyoung.


“Last week?” Sooyoung asked curiously more like suspiciously cause she knows her friend too well, Yuri won’t get her out of her house unless it is important and connected to her work or unless they say so.


What Yuri was doing didn’t go unnoticed to Sooyoung, she dashed forward snatching the thing that Yuri was trying to hide.


It was an old issue of a newspaper; it was a week old to be exact.


“It’s just an old newspaper, give me that.” Yuri tries to take the newspaper from Sooyoung but to no avail.


Sooyoung moved to the other side of the desk making it hard for Yuri to take the newspaper back cause her desk is blocking her from Sooyoung.


Sooyoung read the front page article.


‘A girl died due to a car explosion when her car fell off a cliff.’


She looks at the photo below, her eyes widen and she has a horrified look on her face.


It was Jessica’s picture that was printed on the newspaper just below the article headline that she just read.


“How could that happen? That’s impossible…how could she survive? How did Yuri know who Jessica is?” This is what was running through Sooyoung’s head.


“Explain.” That was all that escape from Sooyoung’s mouth.


“Can you sit down, first? You look like you’re going to collapse or something.” Yuri gestured to Sooyoung to sit down on the swivel chair.


*flashback*


The company party was finally done and it’s time for them to go home but not before getting everything that they needed from their respective department.


Yuri is once again walking down the white hallway alone looking for her cousin Yoona and their friends.


“Maybe she’s with Seohyun.” Yuri thought while she made her way to Seohyun’s department.


She pushed the glass door open engulfing the cold air from the room with a new scent of smell; strawberry.


She looks around the room but no one is in there, before her eyes darted to a curtain that seems to be separating something from the room.


Yuri’s curiosity got the best of her, who knows Yoona might be doing something to Seohyun and she’s just saving Seohyun from her evil cousin.


She swung the curtain to the side only to see a lifeless body lying on a metal bed with nothing on but a cloth covering the girl’s body.


Yuri covered her eyes with her hands, even though the body in front of her is already lifeless; so she thought. She still thinks that’s inappropriate for her to look at somebody like that.


She decided to turn around and take her leave, until she heard a faint breathing. She knows that it’s not coming from her and the only one inside the room is her and the lifeless body on the metal bed.


Yuri wasn’t usually the one who easily get’s scared, but who the heck is she kidding she can almost pee on her pants right at that moment.


She slowly turns around to look at the body and to her great horror, amazement, disbelief she saw the girl breath out a faint air.


It was ice cold in the room so she can see the girl breathing; it looks like the girl is letting out her last breath as if she’s still trying to stay alive.


Yuri didn’t hesitate to do something, she checks the girl’s pulse and it’s really weak she can barely feel it. Seconds is the only thing that Yuri was counting before she felt that the girl will heave her last breath.


Seohyun then walked in the room with a file in hand. “Yuri Unnie, what are you doing?”


Yuri turn around silently thanking that Seohyun finally arrived. “I was just checking this ‘corpse’.”


She pointed at the body but trying not to show her anxiousness and nervousness by biting her lip, she doesn’t want to say ‘corpse’ for it may come true, so without any moment’s hesitation she asked Seohyun the last thing that she wanted and needed to do in her entire life.


“Seohyun, can I have this ‘c-corpse?” Yuri slightly stuttered waiting for Seohyun’s answer.


“What for, Unnie?” Seohyun asked innocently not even sounding suspicious but for Yuri she was, it might be due to her nervousness.


“Experiment!” Yuri startled Seohyun because of her outburst making the younger jump in shock.


“Sorry, so can I?” Yuri apologized.


“Of course, Unnie…you just have to sign---” Yuri didn’t let Seohyun finish what the younger girl was about to say but snatch the file that was in Seohyun’s hands.


Yuri signed the file and slightly threw it back to Seohyun making the younger girl stumble in catching the file.


She scoops the body up and carried it bridal style, making the younger girl shock from her action. She ran towards the door before pushing it open.


Passing through her friends, she doesn’t even care if she’s shoving them out of her way she just needs to reach her lab.


“Yah, Kwon Yuri…what’s wrong with you? Watch where you going!” Yuri heard Taeyeon’s voice but she’s far from caring about her friends were saying at that moment.


They were about to follow her if she didn’t shout. “I’m going to my lab, leave me alone!”


She didn’t wait for their reply, she hastily run inside her lab. Yuri placed the body down on a table before she turned her attention to the machines that’s inside her lab.


It may be the rush that Yuri was feeling or it may be the panic, she turned every machine that she has on…even her coffee maker that she doesn’t know how the heck it will help her save the girl.


Yuri filled a huge cylinder tube with cyroprotectants to freeze the girl’s body preventing any more damage to the girl’s body once an organ in the girl’s body stops to function creating a bigger damage.


She placed the girl’s body gently inside the huge cylinder tube before turning to her computer to set the proper temperature to freeze the girl’s body but not letting the girl’s heart stop; starting to preserve the girl’s body.


Yuri let out a sigh of relief when she monitored the girl’s heartbeat it was still slow and beginning to be unresponsive but she’ll still try to find a way for the girl to live again no matter what’s it going to cost her.


She worked day and night examining the girl’s body, checking if anything is damaged or needs replacement. But for now Yuri is focus on making the girl’s heart more responsive, so she has no choice but to take the girl’s heart out and replace it with an artificial one for the meantime.


Effectively replacing the girl’s heart, Yuri now tries to heal the damage arteries and try if it can still function again so she try using nanites to help regenerate the healing process faster.


After two days everything worked properly, the girl is out of danger for the meantime as Yuri put the girl’s heart back after preserving it to neutralize and flash out the nanites that she use to heal the heart’s damaged arteries. Yuri then decided that it’s time to bring the girl back to her house for a proper examination.


She indeed continued her work at home, but not before asking Seohyun the complete information about the girl.


“Car crash explosion?” Yuri asked Seohyun.


Seohyun narrated the information that she have gathered about the body that Yuri took two days ago. “Yes, Unnie. Our investigation team concluded that she lost control of her car allowing it to fall off a cliff but it seems she jump off the car before her car exploded, but some newspaper gave the wrong information out making it look like her body was burnt in the crash.”


“Then how did they find her?”


“Her body was found a few meters away from the explosion but since everybody speculated that her body was burnt in that accident they brought her body here.”


“So…hypothetically speaking if that girl survived, I’m not saying she did and if she did…she’ll be like an unknown person to the society? Like a living ghost?” Yuri asked trying to act normal.


“Yes, Unnie. Hypothetically speaking of course.” That was all Yuri needed to know before she went back to her department to take the girl’s body back to her house.


Successfully bringing the girl back at her home, Yuri once again placed the girl’s body inside a huge cylindrical tube with a cyroprotectant before she begins her work.


“If I can fix Chewbacca, how hard is it to fix her?” Yuri asked herself, taking it as a challenge.


She looks at the file that Seohyun handed her before she left the Company Lab.


Name: Jung Sooyeon


Age: 22 years old


Date of Birth: April 18, 1989


Blood Type: B


Yuri just read the basic information about the girl cause clearly all of it is useless now, granted that the girl survives of course.


Now to continue with her work; Yuri did a CT scan on the girl to check what damage did the girl took from the accident.


It seems Yuri has no choice but to inoculate an “injectable bone” on the girl’s body to replace the girl’s broken bones; from ribcage to the girl’s pelvis.


Everything seems to be going as plan until Yuri checked the girl’s brain, it seems half of the girl’s brain cell already died and half of the girl’s brain isn’t responding anymore due to being frozen for too long.


Since the girl doesn’t need to be stored in the cylinder compartment, Yuri placed the girl on a surgical bed and placed various wires and equipment on the girl’s body to further examine the girl.



As of now the girl’s recovery rate is much higher than before, the girl’s body is receiving the treatment quite well and Yuri can’t be more proud with what she was doing.


Yuri can’t deny the fact that the girl is really pretty and she can’t stop but stare at the girl’s serene face.


Being a master in all branches of science and medicine, It was easy for Yuri to fix the girl’s brain cause all she had to do is create a half artificial brain and connect it to the girl’s other half but not without a certain device that will help preserve the artificial brain and make it compatible for the two to work as one.


As these occur there is a high possibility that the girl’s memory will be erased or the girl will have a hard time remembering anything about her life and Yuri was aware of that fact.


If everything becomes successful the girl will be back to normal aside from having artificial parts of her body and a device inside her head to let her brain function but if a tiny problem surfaces the girl could have a high chance to not survive and be bedridden forever.


*End of Flashback*


“Let me guess…she woke up?” Sooyoung said while clutching her hair having a hard time digesting what Yuri just told her.


“Isn’t it obvious? She’s up stairs” Yuri pointed up the ceiling as if pointing to where Jessica really is at that moment.


“Wait…her name is Jung Sooyeon, right? Where the heck did you get the name Jessica?”


“There was a book on the side table at that time and the author’s name was Jessica and besides it suits her, so I gave her that name.” Yuri simply explained.


“Her memories…Yuri, What happened to her memories?!”


Yuri sighed. “Honestly…I think her entire memory got wiped out or she’s just having amnesia, her hippocampus got infected or died down during the freezing stage; so possibly she has no memories to remember.”


“I think you went too overboard, Yuri…” Sooyoung gave a look of uncertainty.


Yuri was baffled by Sooyoung. “What do you mean, Soo?”


“Yul…you just played the role of god! You brought an almost dying person to life! Doesn’t that make sense?? You changed what was supposed to happen!” Sooyoung can’t help but spat.


“Soo…let me remind you, before I became a scientist, I was a doctor! It was my job to save people’s life that is in grave danger! I didn’t play the role of god, I did my job!” Yuri shouted back.


They were having a heated argument when Yuri saw Jessica standing outside by the glass door, it was a good thing that the room was sound proof; no wonder Yuri can’t hear Sooyoung when the tall girl is outside her house visiting her and banging her door.


Jessica has a perplexed look on her face while looking at them, she seems to be debating whether she should knock or not.


She was about to walk away when Yuri came out of the room. “Hey…what’s wrong?” Yuri asked her in a soft husky voice.
“Seobang, I’m hungry…” She said softly as if whining like a little kid scared to be scolded.


Yuri just gave Jessica a warm smile before enveloping her in an embrace giving her goose bumps, she knows that she feels safe with Yuri but there’s something odd like it was not right but still is. “Okay…okay, just give us a moment and I’ll make breakfast…go play with Chewbacca for a little.”


She didn’t dare speak in a normal voice, she always speaks softly when it comes to Jessica as if the moment she doesn’t the girl will break or crumble.


The moment Jessica was out of site, Yuri came back in the room not forgetting to lock it, and she turns around only to see Sooyoung looking at her with a bewildered expression.


“What was that?!” Sooyoung was clearly amused by Yuri’s action for she had never seen it before.


“What?”


“That!” Sooyoung pointed at Yuri. “That…thing! That you did to Jessica and the Seobang thing, what’s up with that?!”


“Uhhh…” Yuri became speechless not knowing how to explain what that thing was. “Impulse?”


Sooyoung gave Yuri a what-the-heck-of-an-answer-is-that look.


“How about her identity?”


“What about it?” Yuri answered Sooyoung with a question as if the two of them can’t seem to properly connect with each other.


“Let’s see…she was known dead to the world now…so how the heck is she going to live her life, behind your shadow?!” Sooyoung can’t help but be cynical.


“I’ve got that covered, I provided her with a new identity and the entire necessary things for her to start a new life.” Yuri pulled out a clear file handing it to Sooyoung.


Sooyoung flipped the file open, seeing a new birth certificate for Jessica and other necessary things for the girl.


“Jessica Kwon?” Sooyoung can’t help but ask.


“What?! I can’t think of anything else, okay? I was in a hurry to fill that file out and what do you want? Choi Jessica?!”


“Ohhh…shut up, Yul. I was just asking don’t be that damn defensive.” Sooyoung expectorated.


Yuri just growled at Sooyoung, making the taller girl laugh at her reaction.


“Anyway, Yul. What is she to you?” Sooyoung can’t help but ask and she can already tell that Yuri is starting to harbor feelings for the scary girl that she just met; who keeps on giving her glares for unknown reason.


“She’s my new housemate? She’s my new friend?”


“Yeah…sure.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “Jessica KWON…is KWON Yuri’s new friend for a housemate.”


“Where are you getting at and stop emphasizing my last name!”


“You mean yours and Jessica’s last name.” Sooyoung teased.


“Shut that sissy mouth of yours, Choi Sooyoung!” Yuri threatened.


In the back of Sooyoung’s mind she can’t help but worry for Yuri, her best friend will get her heartbroken once Jessica remembers every little memory of her past…if she remembers.


The three of them are having their breakfast and Sooyoung can’t help but feel more uncomfortable than ever, Jessica keeps on glaring at her when she tries to make a conversation with Yuri.


“Seriously, what is her problem?!” Sooyoung thought while trying to avoid Jessica’s piercing glare.


While they were eating Jessica just held on the hem of Yuri’s shirt like a child saying stay close to me or I’m afraid to be left alone with someone I don’t know.


Yuri reached for Jessica’s hand and held it softly while making a soothing circular motion just to reassure the other girl that she’s just there.


Sooyoung never seen Yuri act like this, she’s happy for her friend but feeling guilty and sad at the same time; what if her friend falls for the girl, whose now named as Jessica and suddenly Jessica remembers everything? Will Jessica hate Yuri for lying? Will Jessica freak out?


What will happen if anyone else finds out about what Yuri did, there’s a high chance that they might strip Yuri out of her credentials for doing such thing, it’s true that Yuri is still entitled to save people but she still thinks that Yuri might have crossed the line.




**



It has been a month since she fully recovered and now Jessica is looking around the house to find anything familiar to her, just anything to joggle her memories. She’s been trying to ask Yuri about her and their past but it seems Yuri keeps on dodging the topic and because of this she’s starting to become suspicious, it’s not that she doesn’t trust Yuri, she just want to remember something about her life…is that too hard to ask?


She huffed in frustration…nothing…nothing seems to be familiar to her; everything inside the house seems to be foreign to Jessica, in all honesty even the other inhabitant of the house is foreign to her and seems to be avoiding her too.


The only thing that Yuri will tell her about her past is the reason why she got amnesia; Yuri said it was because of an accident that causes her to forget her memories and after that, Yuri will change the topic. When she asks Yuri what are their connection to each other, Yuri said they were lovers but how come they don’t do what couples do, like go on a date, do random stuffs together or just basically hangout…they are like strangers.


Jessica marched down to Yuri’s lab, where her so called ‘lover’ is staying at that moment. She’s bored and she wants to get out of the house, it’s been three weeks since she last saw another person aside from Yuri and it was Yuri’s friend Sooyoung…she needs to meet other people and she needs to have some fun, she’s only human after all.


“Seobang?” Jessica called why peering from the bottom of the stairs.


Yuri would feel her heart stop for a moment when Jessica calls her ‘Seobang’, she knows that it’s wrong to feel such a thing for the girl that she saved but she can’t help it. The girl is too adorable especially when Jessica pouts, whine, smile at her and tugs on the hem of her shirt just for her to hold the other girl’s hand.


But she knew she shouldn’t feel such a thing for Jessica, the relationship that Jessica knows that they have is a big lie; they are not together, they don’t even know each other much more to be lovers. That’s why she decided to make a distance from Jessica and try her best to look busy so Jessica won’t bug her and make her fall for the other girl even more.


“I’m here, why?” Yuri didn’t bother to turn around and just pretend to be busy with something.


“I want to go out…let’s go on a date.” Jessica who’s already thinking of a plan to do for that day, clearly she wants to have some fun even just for that day.


“Some other time, I’m busy.” Yuri reasoned while typing random codes on her computer.


“Please, Seobang? I’m really bored.” Jessica began to whine, she doesn’t know what her whining does to Yuri…it makes the genius elated if being called ‘Seobang’ isn’t enough.


“I said I’m busy.” Yuri asserted making Jessica shock, feeling guilty that she disturbed Yuri from her work.


Jessica rubbed her starting to tear up eyes. “I’m sorry; I’ll just leave you to your work.”


Yuri didn’t mean to sound uncaring and now she’s feeling guilty with what she did even if it was unintentional; she walked towards Jessica who was starting to go up the stairs.


Holding on to Jessica’s wrist, Yuri tries to apologize and make the other girl feel better. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean that…Okay, let’s go on a date if that’s what my Sicababy wants.”


Jessica blushed when Yuri suddenly called her Sicababy it’s the first time that Yuri was this close to her more like showed skinship 
and affection.


“Really? But I thought you said that you were busy?” Jessica pouts at Yuri making the other girl speechless.


Yuri kisses Jessica’s head. “It’s okay, I can do it later…I want to make my Sicababy happy, anyway.”


“Then I want to go outside.” This made Yuri chuckle she never thought that Jessica can be such a kid.


“Okay…we’ll go outside.” Yuri pulled Jessica up the stairs, ready to go out on their first date.


But before going out, Yuri made Jessica wear a coat and a cap making Jessica whine. “Seobang-ah, I don’t need to wear a coat, it’s not that cold outside.”


“Aish…I won’t take any chances of you getting sick.” Yuri taps Jessica’s head before opening the front door.


Yuri walked three steps ahead of Jessica before turning around and stretching her arms. “Well…here we are...outside, just like you wanted!”


Jessica didn’t seem to like Yuri’s lame joke. “Yah! This is just the outside of the house…when I said outside…I mean like go to the mall or something.”


Yuri laughed at Jessica’s mad but cute face. “I know…I know, let’s go.”


She opened the car door for Jessica and gesture the girl to get in. “Let’s go?”


“I’m mad at you.” Jessica said in a blank expression.


“I was just kidding; don’t be mad at me…okay? I’m sorry.” Yuri said it full of sincerity.


“No…I won’t forgive you.”


Yuri sighed. “Okay…what do you want me to do, so you won’t be mad at me anymore?”


“You have to follow everything that I will say.” Jessica said it in a sergeant tone.


Yuri just smile. “Your wish is my command your highness.”


Jessica giggled when Yuri bowed at her; she went inside the car and waited for Yuri to get in as well so they can leave.


“Where do you wanna go first, princess?” Yuri asked while keeping her eyes on the road.


“I want to go to the mall.” Jessica looks outside looking at the view before her very eyes.


Yuri glances at Jessica, observing the other girl whose busy looking outside. It made her smile; this is nice; Yuri said to herself.




**



“Seobang-ah, look at this!” Jessica beamed at Yuri while holding a cute floral dress showing it to the other girl.


Yuri just smiled. She has no interest in such a thing; shopping isn’t her cup of tea. “Why don’t you try it out?”


Yuri thought that it’s time to buy some clothes for Jessica; the two of them have been sharing clothes for the past weeks, Yuri doesn’t mind spending some money; being an all-around genius sure pays quite a lot…in short, money is no value to Yuri.


Jessica steps out of the fitting room to let Yuri see the dress, wanting to know what the girl thinks of it. She twirls around flaunting the dress in front of Yuri. “What do you think?”


Yuri’s jaws almost touched the marbled floor when Jessica steps out of the fitting room to show her the dress; Jessica looks lovely with the dress.


“You look lovely.” Yuri told truthfully and it made Jessica blush.


Yuri made Jessica pick different kinds of clothes from outerwear, undies to PJs; everything that Jessica will need. “Is that all that you want?”


“Uh-huh…” Jessica frantically nods her head.


Yuri paid everything and making their way out of the store, Jessica was holding Yuri’s arm happily while they walk around the mall.


Yuri’s body will stiffen once in a while when Jessica holds her arm a little tighter; she tries to control her race car heart to make herself calm.


“Seobang-ah…”


“Yeah?”


Jessica didn’t say anything, instead she tip-toed and gave Yuri a simple kiss on the cheek to show her appreciation for Yuri.


The whole world stops revolving for Yuri when Jessica gave her a simple kiss on the cheek, Jessica smiled when she saw Yuri’s reddening face. She pokes Yuri’s cheek. “Cute~!”


Jessica thought that it was only natural to do that for they are lovers and she’s just showing a little affection to Yuri, and she was thankful to Yuri for bringing her outside of the house to have some fun.




**



Yuri choose to sleep down the lab, she was already half asleep when a sudden weight crashed down on her. She saw a figure lying on top of her body.


The loud gush of wind from the outside made Jessica woke up, the sound that the wind is creating frighten Jessica. So without any moment’s hesitation she runs down the lab where Yuri is.


Jessica couldn’t hear the scary sound from the outside of the basement; the place seems to be secluded. She saw Yuri sleeping on the couch; she hovered on top of Yuri before covering the two of them with a blanket.


Yuri felt Jessica shiver and this made her panic. “Jessica, what’s wrong?”


“I-I’m scared…the wind was making a scary sound and I got scared so I went down here.”


Yuri groan, Jessica’s pressing weight is making her back ache. “Why don’t we go back upstairs? We won’t fit in this couch, so we’ll go upstairs…okay?”


Jessica just nods her head, still covering her body with a blanket. “Carry me, please?”


Yuri did what she was told, she’s already sleepy and she just wants to get some rest; for Jessica dragged her everywhere for the whole day.


The two are already settled, this is the first time that they will be sleeping on the same bed; usually Yuri will stay up really late and sleep down the lab. Jessica immediately cuddled closer to Yuri so she could feel protected from the scary sound that the wind was creating.


She pulled Jessica closer so the two of them will feel more comfortable and drift to sleep fast, Yuri gave Jessica a goodnight kiss.


Even though she knew that she’ll regret it Yuri can’t help but fall for Jessica, she’ll just keep and treasure Jessica while it last even if she’s the one who will get hurt the most from what she did.




**



For the last couple of days all that Yuri did is spend time with Jessica and this day is no exception. Since it’s raining hard outside the two just stay inside the house and cuddle down on the sofa while reading a book and drinking some tea.


Jessica is seating down on Yuri’s lap while her head is resting on Yuri’s shoulder feeling comfortable with that position with a book in hand.


While Yuri is to engross with the book that she was reading that she didn’t realize that Jessica was looking at her, she felt Jessica’s lips made a hard contact with her cheek making a loud smack.


“What was that for?” Yuri grins like a dork, peeling her eyes from what she was reading.


“Nothing…you just look so handsome while you were absorbed reading that book.” Jessica explained before giggling.


This made Yuri pout. “Handsome? I’m not handsome, I’m pretty.”


“You can’t be pretty.”


Yuri’s eyes widen in shock. “What?! I can’t be pretty? How could that be? That’s impossible!”


“You can’t be pretty because I’m the wife so most definitely I’m the pretty one and you’re my seobang so obviously you’re the handsome one.” Jessica buried her face on the crook of Yuri’s neck.


“Arasso, if that’s what my sicababy wants…so my sicababy thinks that I’m handsome?” Yuri teased before giving a peck on Jessica’s nose.


Jessica just giggles. “Very…handsome.”


“Then…I’m handsome.”




**



Sooyoung is once again outside of Yuri’s house, she’s about to knock on the door when she heard some faint sobs. She turned the door knob open only to see Yuri curled up on the floor crying her eyes out.


“Yul…what the hell happened?!” Sooyoung knelt down, pulling Yuri up to sit down on the couch. She went to the kitchen to get Yuri a cup of water to calm the crying girl.


Once Yuri is starting to calm down, Sooyoung asked Yuri once again. “What happened, Yul? Why are you crying and where’s Jessica?”


Hearing Jessica’s name, Yuri cried harder once again. It wasn’t hard for Sooyoung to understand that her friend is crying because of Jessica, but where could Jessica be?


“Soo…she…left.” Yuri said between her cries before weeping even harder.


Sooyoung knew that this will happen, she should’ve warned Yuri before although she knew that Yuri is already aware that this could happen, seems even the smartest people on this world could become dumb when they fall in love.


“Tell me what happened?” All that Sooyoung can do is stay with Yuri’s side right now; Yuri needs a friend in this kind of situation.


*Flashback*


Yuri opens her eyes to meet another pair of eyes that belongs to the girl that she loves but it seems something is different from the way that Jessica looks at her. The tenderness in Jessica’s eyes isn’t there anymore it’s more like Jessica is looking at her but past her at the same time.


Yuri just shrugged it off and just caresses Jessica’s face but the girl suddenly flinched from the sudden contact. “Good morning, are you okay?”


“Who are you?” Was the only thing that came out of Jessica’s mouth…was it really Jessica that Yuri was facing or was it the real person who finally regained her memory?


It seems what Yuri did isn’t a full success, it seems Sooyeon’s brain is still dominant even from the technology that Yuri attached to the girl’s brain but what’s more weird is the moment Sooyeon remembers everything, the memories that she created as Jessica suddenly vanished as if it was erased or the girl’s brain was suddenly reset.


Yuri sat up when the sudden realization hit her that the girl finally recovered her memory but what happened to the new memories that were stored in her brain? Was it really the girl’s brain who stored it or was it the artificial brain with a chip that stored that memory? Was it erased? Corrupted?


It seems Jessica or Sooyeon’s life memory unexpectedly has been desynchronized but to what memory? Was it during the accident or not for Yuri doesn’t know.


“Jessica…” It was a wrong move for Yuri when she called the girl with that name.


“I said who are you?! And why are you calling me Jessica?!” The girl suddenly burst who just been bottling her anger when she opened her eyes in a very unfamiliar place with a girl on the same bed as her.


The girl jumps out of the bed, moving back away from Yuri who is still stunned.


“Jessica…” Yuri did it again, while slowly getting out of the bed to go near the other girl.


“Stay back!” The girl warned Yuri.


Yuri didn’t listen and just move closer to where Jessica is trying to calm the other girl.


“You kidnap me, didn’t you?!” The girl accuses Yuri.


“No…I didn’t if only you will listen to me…” Yuri pleads.


Jessica grabs a book and threw it to Yuri. “I said stay away from me!” before she dashed to the door to get away from Yuri.


“Jessica!” Yuri panicked and run after the girl.


Yuri didn’t realize that tears are already streaming out of her eyes when she ran after Jessica who is already running out of the house.


“Jessica!!” Yuri shouted trying to still catch up to Jessica.


*End of Flashback*


“She remembers everything now?” Sooyoung spoke slowly for Yuri might cry once again.


Yuri didn’t say anything and just bury her face on her palms.


“She runned away, Soo…” Yuri felt tears streaming down from her eyes again for the third time.


“Don’t worry, Yul---”


“How could I not worry?!? Something bad might happen to her!” Now it was Yuri’s time to vent out what she’s feeling right at that moment. “Even if she remembers everything, that doesn’t mean she can take care of herself! She’s dead to the world now, remember?!”


“Okay, Yul. I get it but just so you know, she’s not a little girl! She’s an adult and she can take care of herself! Just believe in her, okay?!” Sooyoung tries to knock some sense in her friend.


“I-I’m sorry, Soo…it’s just that I’m scared, I don’t know what I’ll do…I-I love her, Soo…so much!” Yuri confessed to Sooyoung.


“I know, Yul cause if you don’t you wouldn’t probably act stupid and irrational right now.” Sooyoung tried to joke to lighten the atmosphere.


“Yah! You weren’t any better when your head crashed hard on the floor when you fell for Sunny!” Yuri teased.


Even though Yuri felt better, she’s still worried…she is still responsible for Jessica or Sooyeon or whoever the girl is; all that Yuri knows is that she loves the girl.




**



It has been a week and Yuri still can’t find Jessica, even Sooyoung delayed her work just to help Yuri look for Jessica.


“Yul, can I say something?”


“Sure. What is it, Soo?”


“Don’t take this the wrong way but I really need to be frank with you and to let reality sink in your brain…I don’t think she’s coming back, Yul.” Sooyoung had enough of Yuri’s self-pity and she needs to get herself back on track.


“She’ll come back, Soo…I know she will.” Yuri was still determined even if her hope is starting to shake and let the truth caught up on her that maybe Jessica won’t comeback anymore…but she can’t let that get to her even if it’s just a 0.000001% chance Jessica will comeback, Yuri will hold on to it.


Sooyoung just sigh. She got to admit her friend is a strong willed person, she knows that Yuri will not back down without a fight…but until when?




**



Yuri is having that dream again, where Jessica came back and snuggling close to her…Opening her eyes, Yuri let out a weak laugh.


Her eyes and imagination is playing tricks on her…again! It seems she’s starting to be good at imagining Jessica for the girl’s face seems to be so close to reality, not wanting to drown herself in misery and to get out of this beautiful nightmare she shut her eyes tightly.


“Why are you laughing?” Now Jessica’s voice is ringing inside her head.


“I knew it, I’ve gone crazy!” She said to herself, she really needs to stop imagining Jessica.


“How could you be sure that you’ve gone crazy?” The Jessica in her imagination is starting to make a conversation with her.


Still has her eyes close, Yuri still answered her imagination? “I’m imagining you again to be real and now I’m talking to you.”


“But Seobang-ah…I am real.” Yuri heard Jessica’s voice in a soft tone.


Yuri just laughs not wanting to believe her imagination for she knows that she’ll just get disappointed. “I really need to set an appointment with Tiffany later on, I really need some help.”


“Why don’t you open your eyes?” Jessica’s tone of voice seems to be challenging her.


Yuri obeyed the voice which she thought is coming from inside her head. She looks at the figure in front of her…the figure of Jessica.


“Do I still look like an imagination to you?”


“Yes.” Yuri didn’t hesitate to answer for this already happened to her a couple of times already.


Jessica took Yuri’s hand and this action made Yuri flinch but she still won’t believe that the Jessica in front of her is real.


Jessica placed Yuri’s hand before gripping it to make Yuri believe that she’s real. “Do I still feel like an imagination to you?”


“Yes.” Yuri still isn’t convinced; it just made her heart drop even more thinking that the moment that she wakes up from this silly dream, Jessica still won’t be there.


Jessica had enough of Yuri’s stubbornness, pressing her lips on the unbelieving girl’s lips; gently not to startle or overwhelm Yuri because of the sudden action.


“Do you believe now?”


“I…don’t…know.” Yuri answered a little breathless.


Jessica smacks Yuri on the shoulder. “Yah! For a genius you can really be stupid!”


“Awww…” Yuri rubs the spot where Jessica hit her. “…now I believe that you really are real.”


Yuri’s eyes softens when she looks at Jessica while examining the girl; Jessica looks like she hasn’t slept in days nor does she looks like she has eaten a proper meal. “Where have you been?”


“I went back to my old home…but there are other people living there already, then when I try to get back here…I got lost.”


“You could have called me, so I can pick you up.” Yuri sat up and pulls Jessica for an embrace.


“But I’m here now, right? So there’s nothing for you to worry about anymore.” Jessica snuggles closer to Yuri feeling the warmth of the other girl that she missed the most.


“Why did you run away?” Yuri can’t help but ask for she’s curious for Jessica’s action about before.


“I don’t know…that morning I suddenly just remembered everything but there’s still a blur in my memories as if something in my brain was crashed or replaced by something else.”


Upon hearing those things, Yuri bit her lower lip…maybe it’s about time that Yuri tells Jessica the truth.




**



Jessica just stares blankly at Yuri, whose busy reading some files while the two are at the company lab cause Jessica said that she wants to tag along with Yuri.


Six months has past when Jessica learned the truth from Yuri and she can’t really hate her seobang for what Yuri did and it was for her own good after all.


Even though she’s somewhat an artificial human now, there’s not much of a difference anyway.


Twirling her seat, Jessica huffed. “Seobang…I’m bored.”


“I told you that you shouldn’t have come with me cause you’ll just get bored here but you’re stubborn so take the consequence, princess.” Yuri teased Jessica.


“Kwon Yuri!”


“Yes? Kwon Jessica?”


“Aish…Kwon Yuri!!”


“You hollered, Kwon Jessica?” Yuri teased Jessica even more.


“Kwon---” Jessica was cut off by another loud voice.


“YAH! You two Kwons shut your mouths, you’re the only people here in the company that’s too loud, calm you’re throats will’ya?” It was Sooyoung who’s standing by the door, holding a box that looks like a gift.


“Hey, don’t blame me…blame Mrs. Kwon over there.” Yuri pointed at a glaring but blushing Jessica.


“Who would’ve known that you’ll be the first one to settle down and get married in our clique?” Sooyoung joked before giving the gift to Jessica. “Sorry about the late wedding gift.”


Jessica rattles the box that Sooyoung handed her. “What’s this?”


Sooyoung just winked at Jessica. “No worries, Sunny picked that one and not me…so you’re safe.”


Sooyoung then walks out, leaving the two alone in Yuri’s office in the company lab.


“What’s in the box?” Yuri asked Jessica.


“It’s a surprise…you’ll know when we get home.” Now it’s Jessica’s time to tease Yuri.


Being the curious Kwon that she is, Yuri grabs the gift from Jessica and tries to open it.


“Yah, Kwon Yuri if you open that…you’re the one who’s going to wear that tonight!” Jessica warned.


Yuri stops from opening the box when she got what Jessica was saying. “Ohh…”


“Then I can’t wait for tonight.” Yuri smiled before giving Jessica a kiss on the lip.


“Me too.”