EP 2 CH1

Doctors: First Season

Chief Physician Opr. Dr. Ki Taeyoung

 

Neurosurgeon Opr. Dr. Jeon Jungkook                                                                                                                    

 

 

Cardiologist Opr. Dr. Park Chanyeol

 

General Surgery Specialist Opr. Dr. Ahn Hyejin

 

Residency Interns

Dr. Park Jimin

 

Dr. Byun Baekhyun

 

Dr. Bae Suji

 

Dr. Kim Taehyung

 

Dr. Kim yugyeom

Episode 2 Chapter 1

The elevator ride seemed to be endless and Jimin was not breathing. Not because he had claustrophobia or anything. It was just Jungkook being beside him so close. Just the two of them. In an elevator. Jimin could feel his not so subtle looks on his face. Taking a deep breath, he hugged the folders in his hands to his chest tightly and lowered his head a little more. His bangs were covering his eyes once again and felling the need to remove them he started to blow towards them. One…two…three…damn the bangs. He felt a hand in his hair softly removing them from his eyes. The hand caresses his cheeks as he turned to look at the male causing his heart to beat miles in seconds.

“All of the happenings we had…they are like a dream.” Jungkook spoke softly with a velvety voice, looking deep into Jimin’s eyes.

“You are enchanting me, Jimin.”

“We can’t do this. You are my boss.”

“Shhh” Looking between Jimin’s eyes and plump lips, Jungkook made the move.

Jimin never felt anything more exciting then that feeling. I was a quick kiss, a peck even, but the effect it had equaled to an atom bomb.

And the doors opened.

Revealing his team of interns with Gestapo in the front.

All of them giving Jimin an incredulous look, Taehyung even having decency to whistle.

And that whistle is what makes Jimin open his eyes in horror, sitting up on his bed in a flash. Or was it the doorbell ringing?

“It was a dream.” He pants slowly and with another ring, he gets up to open the door. Which reveals the real estate agent he worked with and a couple.

“Good morning Mr. Park.” He gave a small nod in return. “The Ban family here wants to buy the house!”

“I…I was going to call you-“

“There is no need now, is there! You do not need to disturb your comfort. We are just going to take a little look and-“

“What do you mean ‘a little look’? We are buying a house here.” Mrs. Ban snapped.

“I decided to keep the house.”

 “Keep it?” the agent looked nervously to the family “What do you mean?”

“If it’s the money, we can come to an agreement.” Mr. Ban said.

 “No. You get it wrong, I-“

“Geez! Didn’t you feign reluctance enough? Just sell it! It’s hard to see this amount of money together again.” Mrs. Ban moved her head with cockiness. “Pay of the interns is blatantly obvious-“

Jimin shut the door into her face without regret.

 

Boundary of unmannerliness, boundary of my patience; everywhere is filled with boundaries. Inside us, between us and others, there are always boundaries.

Some boundaries are sharper. Some walls people build are much more higher. 

Yugyeom was slowly walking towards the entrance of the hospital when Baekhyun paced beside him, with earphones inside his ears.

“Good morning.” Baekhyun just nodded nonchalantly and walked faster, leaving Yugyeom behind.

Sometimes having boundaries is a good thing.

Suzy was waiting for the elevator to start a new day in the hospital, hopefully better than yesterday. The elevator arrived and the door opened, revealing at least 8 male bearers, all looking at Suzy with darkened eyes. Eyeing the elevator, Suzy opted for the stairs.

Jimin pinned the paper in his hands to the board, looked at it for a couple of seconds before heading to the changing room.

I am looking for a housemate

Park Jimin

01234567899

Suzy finally arrived to the changing room. She saw the others already clothed, organizing their lockers. Giving a small smile alongside with a good morning, she headed for her locker.  All of this happening under Taehyung’s fond eyes and small smirk.


Jimin was waiting elevator with some folders in this hands when Jungkook arrived beside him. Jimin turned to him with a small smile.

“Good morning.”

“Good morning” Jungkook returned the smile with his own. Holding each other’s gaze a little bit more, the elevator door opened. Taking his lesson from their first meeting, Jungkook decided to be a gentleman and allow Jimin to enter first. And he gladly did. Even if the elevator was empty they were standing side by side. Jimin was getting frustrated under the feeling of Jungkook’s not so subtle gaze. Lowering his head to folder, he took out his pen and decided to start to fill them now. This way I can keep myself occupied, yes. His bangs falling to his eyes once again, and having both of his hands occupied, he opted for blowing them. Jungkook’s lips curled into a mischievous but fond smile. He reached out to remove the bangs, once again.  The surgeon bended his body to see Jimin’s eyes with a playful gaze.  Out of sudden, Jimin shrugged his hand of and put a small distance between them fidgeting in his place. This is not happening. Nope. Nada.      

“We should talk about the issue between us.”

“What issue?” Jimin asked turning towards the older male.

“You like me”

“I don’t!” Jimin hugged the folders tighter to his chest.

“Then that means you are scared” Jungkook said with a mocking voice, eyes shining playfully.

“I-“ Jimin took a deep breath.” I am not afraid. I just want to have a clear boundary between us. You are my boss and it is going to stay like that.” As if on cue, the doors opened and he flashed out, leaving a smiling Jungkook behind.

“I heard you are looking for a housemate.” Jimin nodded slowly to the carrier.

“But I have a cat.”

“I don’t want one in my house.” He gave a small apologizing smile.

“Her name is Bonbon. She is my baby. And she is smart! She understands everything!”

“I wish happiness to you and your baby but I’ll pass.”

“Yah, Jimin! Why are you recalcitrating?” Suzy asked while rounding the desk to reach where Jimin was sitting. “Also, you can’t find anyone better than me!”

“Of course she can? Why not!” Yugyeom snapped. The competition was getting tougher. “Please Jimin. Choose me. ME!”

“Are you nuts? I want my housemate to be someone I don’t see 100 hours a week.”

“Does your mom allow you to eat those?” Baekhyun asked referring to the jelly Yugyeom had in his hands.

“Look! You see this right?” Yugyeom turned to Jimin. “I need to leave mom and aunts’ house immediately.”

Baekhyun sled with his chair and took the packet Jimin had on his lap.

“How do you know Gestapo loves marzipan?” Jimi took it back with a challenging smile.

“Everybody does.”

“Nope. For example, I don’t.” Taehyung said from where he is sitting cross-legged on the desk.

“Isn’t it too early to start bribes?” Baekhyun said with an eyebrow raised.

“Do you know that I make miraculous cakes?”

“No Suzy. And I am not bribing anyone.”

“Uhh- I will give you money! As much as you want! You can take my all pay if you want.”

“Then what it is if not bribe?”

“I will do all the house cores!”

“It is just kindness. I wasn’t strangers in my house that I won’t be obligated to be kind.”

“Okay, it’s me!”

“And I want them to be carriers” Jimin said, stating the obvious.

“Huh…It doesn’t fit…”

“Yugyeom, you are in emergency team…” All the interns stood up with the voice of Gestapo. “Jimin, take the trauma dect. Baekhyun and Taehyung, give information to the discharging patients. Suzy, you will take care of the sutures.”

“Uh, Sunbae! I thought maybe I can help you in the surgery.” Dr. Hyejin raised an eyebrow. “I mean I believe I am ready! Marzipan?” He reached out the open box.

“I am SURE I am ready.”

“Me too.“

“I really, REALLY want to enter a surgery!”

“I would be happy, if you give me another chance.”  Dr. Hyejin put his hands to his waist and took a deep calming breath.

“Shut up. Every intern wants to enter a surgery. It is not your job. Do you know what your job is?” She looked at them one by one. “To make your chief happy. Do you think I look happy? NO! Why? Because my interns are always whining!” She put her hand on the desk with a loud thud. “And what makes me happy? You doing the jobs I give you in the best way.”

She sled the open marzipan box through the table and took it in her hands. “If someday, you make me laugh like BIGBANG’s Daesung, maybe you can touch a lancet.” She threw one into and moaned at the taste, leaving the interns at the desk dejected.

“I understand better now why they call her Gestapo” Jimin whispered.

“Are you still waiting?!” Dr. Hyejin shouted halfway down the corridor, a half bitten marzipan in hand. “Move! Come on! COME ON!”

A nurse welcomed Jimin at the entrance of the emergency ward.

“Are you in the trauma team?”

“Yes”

“This way, hurry! There are 2 patients fell down from 5th floor” Jimin hurried to another intern beside the patient.

“Male, bearer. 24. Suicide case. Examination findings seems normal. Sensitivity at upper right abdomen.” Jimin immediately put his hand on the region and pressed a little.

“Ahh! I don’t have anything!” Looking at the patient’s eyes with a small flash light, he continued the examination.

 “Ah, Hyung-nim!” the patient turned to the policeman lying beside him, equally wounded. “It’s a pity for you. You were going to die because of me! But thank you , you are such a lion heart. If you weren’t there,…” he shook his head.

“The policeman had fallen down while trying to save the suicide. His is conscious, vital signs are stable. He is ready for the x-ray.”

“Okay, take the patient to the x-ray immediate- What the heck is this handcuff?!” Jimin cried.

“Hero hyungnim, hooppp caught me. To keep me still he handcuffed our wrists but my foot got stuck and both of us patt fell down.” Are you kidding me?

“Hurry, bring the keys!” Jimin said.

“They couldn’t find it” a nurse answered.

“Then what are you waiting for?! Call for someone from the technical service, so they could cut it off!” Jimin cried.

“I am super fine Mr. Doctor. You save him. I was going to suicide anyways. Save him don’t you let him die”

“No one is dying, okay!” Calm down! We are going to take care of both of you”

An extremely slim man entered the ward and run beside the policeman’s bed.

“Darling are you okay? What happened to you?” his voice was so tired, so sad.  

“I’m okay baby. Just a little work accident”

“Wow! Look, his lover came as soon as he heard it! Than look at me! My squeeze is getting married to someone else right now.”

“His blood pressure is decreasing!” with the nurse’s voice, the suicider’s eyes closed and his handcuffed hand fell between the stretchers, taking the policeman’s hand along.

“DAMN IT! SOMEONE TAKE OFF THIS HANDCUFF RIGHT NOW!”

“Two major bleedings.” Dr. Chanyeol lifted his head to look at Jimin. “Physical appearance can be deceiving in case of trauma.”

“He is very lucky. This is the second time his life being saved in a day.”

“Our heroic policeman seems to watch too many American movies” he looked at the still handcuffed man lying in another stretcher. “Handcuffing yourself to a person who is going to suicide and saying “if you jump, you will kill me” is absolute nonsense. Clamp.” The surgeon reached out his hand for the tool.

“I think it is very brave.” Dr. Jungkook said from where he is sitting. He looked at Jimin “It is worth a try, right?”

“Doing the operation together saved us a good amount of time.” Jungkook turned to Chanyeol beside him, both of them washing hands.

“Yeah. How is the policeman?”

“I need to operate him too.”

“I see. Do you want to go for a drink after work? You can tell me the story of the surgeon who kicked back a brilliant career by staying in Korea. “Chanyeol said playfully. Reaching for the tissue Jungkook let out a laugh.

“There is no story. Mr. Taeyong made me an irrefutable offer, that’s all.”

“So, Mr. Taeyong called you over here?”

“Yes.” Jungkook gave a challenging look.

“Uh” Chanyeol nodded with a stony face.

“See you around.”

“Yeah, see you.” The cardiologist looked after the brain surgeon with a confused face.

Baekhyun was filling his folders with peace until two hands came between him and the folders, startling him.

“This hands! This hands are going to save many lives soon. How?” Yugyeom continued his exaggerated movements “I will shock a heart and a person will be back to life! Hah!”

“And you will live happily ever after.”

 “You are so bad.”

“I am bad? “ Yugyeom gave him a look. And Baekhyun got back to his work.

“Primary school, middle school, high school, university... I finished every single one as the top student. But instead of real patients, I am meddling with these stupid records.”

“Let’s not whine”Gestapo put other folders down on desk, Taehyung in tow.

“I am not whining, just-”

“Good. Start then.” She left once again. Baekhyun turned to the folders extremely sulky. Taehyung smirked and put a hand on his shoulder. Which Baekhyun shrugged off immediately.

“Let’s agree on one point. I hate you as a principle and I don’t have anything to do with a showman like you.” Taehyung smirked again.

“Fine. We are going to have so much fun. Because I don’t have anything to do with an overly ambitious flatterer.” He left with half of the folder, Baekhyun following him after a couple of eye rolls.

Yugyeom entered the room hurriedly, almost crushing into the nurse.

“I am assigned in emergency today, what’s the matter?”

“His heart stopped.”

“Okay. Charge it to 200. Give me…Move”

Suzy walked into the emergency ward, walking towards a little girl.

“Hi” The girl said with a smile.

“Hello” Suzy smiled back. The girl held his tummy all of a sudden.

“It aches too much. Can you give me medicine?

“Wait a little bit. Let’s examine you first” Suzy said softly, putting a thermometer under her armpit. She couldn’t see anyone beside her.

“Who did you come with?”

“I-uhhm…with my mother! Yeah! She is down stairs doing the transactions.” Suzy nodded and put her hand to girl’s forehead.

“I have high fever, nausea, dizziness. I don’t want to eat anything. But most of all they hurt too much.”

“Okay” Suzy said wearing her stethoscope. “Turn around.”

“Oh no no! there is no need.” The girl shook her hands in front of her. “Just give me the medici-“

“Not a chance. I can’t do anything before examination.” Suzy turned the girl around. “Come on.”

“Taeyong sunbae.” Chanyeol called nearing the said man.

“Did you ask for Jeon Junkook to work?”

“Yes, I did” He answered taking his glasses off. Chanyeol nodded to himself a couple times.

“And he kicked away a brilliant career in America and come over since you asked, is that it?”

“He can’t say no to me. He was my student after all.”

“He didn’t come over just because his old teacher asked right? There must be something more to it.” Like an offer to be the next Chief Physician.

 “If there is, tell me so I know it too.”

“Sunbae. I am the surgeon who has the lowest death percentage throughout the country. I am the best you can ever find. And I believe I deserve to be the Head of Surgical Department.” Dr. Taeyong gave a small smile.

“I am not that sure. Think about it, in your opinion, why?”

“Hello.” Jungkook greeted coming inside the door. “Are you ready for the surgery?”

“Is there any risks we have to know?” The fiancé asked.

“There is always a risk, even if it is low, in every operation. There are collaps in two levels at back vertebra. They didn’t harm the spinal cord or the nerves but they could. We are going to strengthen them and get rid of the possibility.”

“He is going to heal, right?”

“Post-surgery maintenance is very important. A wrong move can cause him to be paralyzed”

“Come on baby. Don’t be sad anymore. If you take care of me great, I will be fine.” The policeman reached out to hold his fiancé’s hand.

“You need to check out these forms. You can find necessary information there. You also need to sign it for the procedure.” The carrier took the forms from Jungkook and opened the cover.

“I can’t read it, you look.” He put the folder in his fiance’s side and rubbed his eyes.

“Are you seeing double again?” He nodded.

“Are you okay?” Jungkook asked.

“Yes. Nothing important.”

“Tell him. It happened before.”

“Yes but it passed in 15 days. It must be from stress. Since I have a police fiancé.” The policeman felt sorry.

“You shouldn’t ignore it. You are already in a hospital, shall we make an examination?”

“Thank you, doctor. I am fine. Really.”

“Okay. See you in the operation room then”

“Mr. Jeon!”

Jimin turned around to see a blonde woman nearing Dr. Jungkook. They greeted each other smiling, talked for a while and for some reason although it is not his business; Jimin couldn’t take his eyes of them. She grabbed something from the bag she was holding which turned out to be a red wine bottle, a red bow around it and gave it to Jungkook. He accepted it and turned to look at Jimin.

Wait what?

Looking at Jimin and slowly turning back to the daughter of a patient he operated, Jungkook was amused. The next time he looked Jimin was leaving the desk with a pout on her face, going the opposite direction. Cute.

“Jimin!” Jimin turned around to see Ki Taeyong walking towards him.

“Hello sunbae”

“We couldn’t talk with you. How is your father? Too busy with work?”

“…yes.” Taeyong laughed at this.

“He always was. I would like to ask for a coffee sometime.”

“But…but he…He is in America right now! For a research! And he has a book to finish!”

“Oh. I get it. After he returns then. How are y-“

“Sunbae! Your guests are here.”

“I see. I am coming. Anyways, Jimin. It was nice to see you! You can come to me anytime, if something happens, okay?” Jimin gave a mere nod and Dr. Taeyong took his leave.

“You have Sphenoid Wing Meningioma. It is not cancer. Common, can be important depending on location and size. In your case, there is no risk. You can discharge today.” Baekhyun explained with a stony face.

“My father doesn’t need operation?”

“No.”

“Am I not dying then?

“You are hale and hearty.”

“Thank you! Thank you so much!” Oh no she is coming. The daughter circled the bed and hugged a very unimpressed Baekhyun, nearly broking his head. Taehyung staying beside him was amused to death once more.

….

“I don’t understand why all people hug me while they shake your hand!”

“Because I am a bearer and they respect me. You are just a carrier.”

“Excuse me?!” Baekhyun gave Taehyung a deathly stare while Taehyung laughed and walked away.

Jimin opened the door of the break room and saw the folders on the coffee table. I forgot them here. Quickly making his way to the folders, he leaned to take them only to see Dr. Jungkook sleeping on the sofa, the wine bottle resting on the coffee table too.

“I always wanted to marry a carrier who watches me sleep.” Jimin got startled at the voice of Jungkook, not opening his eyes, just speaking.

“I-I wasn’t. Folders! I came to get my folders.” He lifted them in to the air to make his point. Finally opening his eyes, Jungkook responded.

“Yeah, sure it is.”

“You are so full of yourself.” Looking at the bottle once again he continued. “It seems carriers’ attention spoiled you too much.”

Finally sitting up Jungkook deeply sighed.

“I don’t know about the others but the carrier I like doesn’t seem interested in me.” Jimin gulped and fidgeted a little. “When are we going out for dinner?”

“I don’t want to anger the owner of the wine.” Jimin said sarcastically. Taking the bottle in his hand, Jungkook stood up.

“I don’t think they will. Husband and wife, both are nice people. This wine is just a small present for saving her father’s life.” At this moment, Jimin’s phone rang. He took the chance and took his leave before the situation gets more uncomfortable.

“Excuse me” Jungkook watched as Jimin escaped once again.

“What?! My father gone missing?! ARE YOU AWARE OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?” Yugyeom turned around to see Jimin on phone looking distressed.

“How can you lose him?...Okay, I am calm. Inform me the moment you find him.”

“What happened? Bad news?”

“Nothing. I am a little tired, that’s it.” Yugyeom gave Jimin a playful smirk.

“I know the right thing to uplift your mood.” Jimin gave the same gaze to Yugyeom.

“Nope. Not happening. We should…we should end it. It will make an addiction” He winked.

“One last time.”

“If someone sees, we will be doomed!”

“Who will saw? I don’t care! I am going. You can come with me or stay here and continue to be sad.” With one last gaze Yugyeom passed by Jimin. Two seconds later, Jimin followed him.

Let’s cheer up baby!