EP1 CH1

Doctors: First Season

Episode 1 Chapter 1

Trailer of episode 1

A famous actor with an epileptic seizure caused by unknown reasons is Jimin’s first patient. Passing by the edge of death, the actor pester the life out of Jimin with his obnoxious behaviours. Baekhyun shares the pain with a young honour killing victim which is brought to the hospital. Both as a peasant and a carrier. Yugyeom does all he can to make a newly married couple happy. He gives a promise to the bride whose husband will have an heart surgery. However, he will stagger under the weight of the moral he will take at the very first day of his job. On top of everything, the things he went through in the performed surgery…now he is officially known as MG. Namely the infamous “Morgue Guard” as the doctors termed among themselves! On the other hand Taehyung will conflict with the chief physician Ki Taeyoung from the first day.

Chief Physician Opr. Dr. Ki Taeyoung

 

Neurosurgeon Opr. Dr. Jeon Jungkook                                                                                                                    

 

 

Cardiologist Opr. Dr. Park Chanyeol

 

General Surgery Specialist Opr. Dr. Ahn Hyejin

 

Residency Interns

Dr. Park Jimin

 

Dr. Byun Baekhyun

 

Dr. Bae Suji

 

Dr. Kim Taehyung

 

Dr. Kim yugyeom

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Taxi!”

And the yellow car went on like that, just like the 4 others before. On a rainy auntum day, a boy put his bag over his head to at least have some dry spot at the top of his head. He was standing under a tree in the sidewalk, trying to hail a cab with waving his hand frantically.

“Oh come on! Not even one of them are unoccupied?”

After a very long 2 minutes, finally, oh ing god finally a taxi stopped in front of him. The window in front of his side rolled down.

“Where are you going mister?”

“The opposite shore”

“I can’t go there in this rain, sorry” And just like that the window rolled up in front of his face. After being ignored by 3 more taxies, splashed by 2 cars, some pacing and shouting later he tried for the last time. If this taxi wouldn’t stop neither, to hell with everything. He didn’t rot 7 years for this .

“Taxi!” the said taxi was gone by the wind in a second. He brought his bag down and slumped in his place. At that second, a horn was heard. Turning behind him, he saw the last taxi stopped at the side of the pavement just a couple meters away. Bringing his bag over his head again, he run towards the taxi. While he was running, the driver saw a figure whose face was covered by a black umbrella reached out to the door handle. And just like this, two doors closed and two shoulders collied.

“Can you please get off? I got on first.” The carrier said with a breathy voice.

“I think we both got on at the same time. Beside in this weather , no one can make me get off of this taxi.” Replied the other male. Maybe he was not dampened by rain like the guy in front of him but it didn’t mean he should be out there in the cold rain just because he has an umbrella.

“Can you please tell this mister I get on this taxi first ajusshi?”

“Is the driver your relative? Let’s ask him who was the first one as you want, huh?”

“It is not my concern. Solve it among yourselves.” The driver was regretting his life choices greatly.

Turning to the so called mister the boy’s patience was wearing out rapidly.

“Mister can you please get off? I am seriously worn out, moreover I am late for work.” His voice started to raise bit by bit. Leaning down to look at the window at the boy’s side just to emphasize his point, he raised one brow as he leaned back.

“In this rain?”

“You won’t melt” After exchanging some angry glances finally the driver was at his limit.

“Ahhh…either you both get off or we go our way. All. Together.” Two pople at the backseat looked at each other with despising glances before pretending to mind their own businesses. Neither was getting off anyways. They took off immediately and the carrier took out a tissue from his bag. Why was he bothering, really? He was dampened from head to toe anyways. Drying his face quietly with his tissue, he heard his phone ring.

“Hello?.... Yes, it’s me…Yes we talked this morning….Okay” trying to balance his phone between his head and shoulder, he tried to ignore the eyes on him.

“One second please” finally balancing the phone, one hand holding his bag and the other trying to find his little notebook inside it. Why did he put that much stuff into his bag for god’s sake? And his dampened hair sticking to his forehead, covering half of his eyes was not helping too. While searching for his notebook, he tried to blow his hair out of his eyes. A-ha! There is his notebook.

“One second please, I am trying to find my pen” there comes the pen from the pocket of the stranger beside him. Looking at the pen for a second and the smug eyes of the stranger, he decided to his pride and use it. He will not be seeing him again anyways.

“Yes sir, I am listening” Still trying to blow out the hair, he tried his best to write the contents correctly. There was a brief touch, he barely felt it and he might not felt it if his vision was not clear now. What did this bastard think he was doing?

“I will call you back after checking it” he turned off the call and not even after a second, called out to the driver furiously.

“Ajusshi, can you stop the car?” The car stopped near a pavement. The boy turned to face the more bulky guy, now more furious than a couple minutes ago

“Now you are getting off and will find yourself another taxi.”

“Pardon?”

“I would tell it to you in a way you would understand but I don’t have time for it” The man was struck by the boldness of the carrier. “Can you get off?!” Batting his eyes a few times, he finally collected himself.

“Excuse me but what are you talking about?”

“What gives you the right to touch me, huh?”

“I was just trying to help.”

“Help, huh? You do not be a gentleman and prioritize a carrier, but tidy up his hair! How convincing! Are you a ert or what?”

“ert? Me? Look at me little one, are you aware that you are insulting me?”

“Oh I am so sorry Mister, but I have no tolerance towards people like you. If you do not get off this second, I will complaint you to cops” He was not moving. And his patience was long gone.

“Get the off! I will call the poli-”

“Okay! Okay. I am getting off” With one last look he opened the door, got off in the rain and closed the door again. The taxi took off in a second. Oh !

“My umbrella!” . . . . .

As if they heard him, the taxi stopped, the window rolled down and the petite guy dangled upper part of his body from it. He threw the umbrella towards him, who was standing pretty far away, and watched the umbrella fall into a little muddy poodle.

“DOUCHE BAG!” with his last words, the carrier went away with the taxi he was in a couple minutes before. Recovering from the shock, he took his umbrella and shook it a little to get rid of the mud. Now he had to find a new taxi. Again. indeed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After all the years of great misery in college and the morning which felt like years to him, he was finally standing in the middle of the ground floor of the hospital, looking around slowly to digest everything. My new life starts here, just where I am standing. A brand new chapter. My turning point.

“You will specialize in your specific field, alongside with it, you will be in residency for all the surgical branches for a while. This hospital will educate you in all the branches enough for you to be best in your job and an all around doctor. The years you will be spending here is going to be the best and the worst years of your life.” Finding the operation room asking here and there, he joined the other interns for the orientation which is personally given by the chief physician of the hospital, Ki Taeyoung.

“Operation room will be the most important detail in your life from now on. Until today, you were educated by doctors, but today all of you are doctors. The hospital you belong in from now on is the best in the country. The most successful one. The most brilliant ones among you will have the privilage to stay here. Therefore, you are meant to be a family and an archrival for each other at the same time.” Chief physician looked at all the determined faces of 11 students in front of him. He got high expectations clearly.

“You will decide who will be the captain and a part of the crew. Good luck.”

 

After the orientation, going into the changing room the new doctors changed into their scrubs and coats. Being done with his business, the petite male turned into a male around his size which uses the locker beside him. Closing his own locker and leaning against it, he took in a deep breath.

“Hello! I’m Jimin”

“I’m Baekhyun” the male before him answered and they shook hands. Why so formal though?

“I heard that in our team there is 3 carriers”

“Its overboard if you ask me. I think the carriers should do what they are best in.” Turning behind him, Jimin find a tall male speaking towards them while he had his palm against the lockers. Handsome was the first thought but he was a jerk so it didn’t matter, really. Tiltting his head slighty upwards to look at the prick right in the eyes, he answered in a defensive voice.

“Oh yeah?! Like what?” Didn’t want to deal with narrow-minded idiots this early in the morning, Baekhyun closed his locker, rolled his eyes and sat on a bench to tie his shoes.

“One of you were a model. I wonder if its you.” The shameless man even had the courage to eye him from head to toe, looking up again to meet Jimin’s eyes.

“I am not.”

“Whatever, I’m Taehyung.” He reached a hand forward for a shake but the cutie in front of him looked at it like his hand was a tentacle. At least the expression on his face tells him that. Cute, for a male that is. Crossing his arms, Jimin looked at the man in front of him again.

“I can’t say I am pleased to meet you Taehyung.” Taking his hand back, Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, put his hands into his pockets and took his leave. Turning to Baekhyun, leaning against the lockers once again, Jimin tried to calm himself.

“This schmoe needs a punch in the middle of his face”

“Well, I grown up in a place where the carriers are not even considered as humans so I am used to it. Its your own problem.” Someone cleared his throat behind them, making Jimin turn around.

“Hi.” A shy voice came. Looking between the two boys he continued. “Are you in Gestapo’s team too?”

“Yes” he answered with a smile. Finally a normal person.

“Uhm…did you remember me?” He gestured himself. Jimin was lost for a moment because, no he didn’t.

“I am Yugyeom. We were in the same classroom for Medical Specialty Aptitude Test! Did you remember?!” He said it like I ACTUALLY must remember this. With an awkward smile he tried to avoid answering.

“I gave you a charmed candy! For good luck! I mean… I don’t believe things like that but my mom insisted.” Hearing this sentence even Baekhyun turned to look at him, trying to hide his smile.

With a scandolous expression on his face “It’s not like I am one of those ‘mama’s boy’ kind of guys! I really am not! Its because I didn’t want to hurt her feelings and she-“

“If you are ready Dr. Hyejin is waiting for you at the end of the corridor.” With the announcement of the nurse, Baekhyun closed his pocket booklet, got up in a flash and was out of the door. Leaving the other two standing there, looking at the door. What the ?

“Uhm…Let’s go then?”

“Yeah” Jimin wondered if the last person on his team will be the most normal or the most anormal one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catching up with Baekhyun and having the other interns of his team behind, they all walked to the place where their chief wanted them.

“Gestapo is a woman? I thought it was a male.” Feeling like he should respond to Baekhyun, Jimin answered.

“ From what I heard, I thought she would be scarier.” They were getting close to a woman with short hair, filling out documents on a courtesy desk.

“Don’t believe everything you hear. Maybe they are saying that because of jealousy.” Turning towards to the female voice they saw their last teammate for the first time.

“So you are the model.” All eyes were on Taehyung now, and if looks could stab a person, he would be stabbed to death. What? He smirked in an annoying way and that was the end of the conversation. Finally arriving at the desk, they stood near their chief.

“Hello! I am Suji, I am very pleased to meet you!” She reached out a hand towards the so called Gestapo. Turning to face the others, Dr. Ahn Hyejin had an unpleased expression on her face.

“Now, listen to me carefully. I will tell you 5 rules you are obligated to obey. One: Don’t unnecessarily curry favor because I will hate you and you will hate me too. Trauma protocol, phone list and dect phones… Nurses will give you a ring. You will run to all of them. Two: Listen to everything I say and do. I will never repeat it, especially for you. “ She looked at their faces as they kept nodding. Little did she know, Yugyeom was seriously scared for his life.

“Your shift starts now and it will go on for 36 hours.” She said as she turned around. The interns took their files and dect phones from the desk in a hurry, trying to keep up with the surgeon.

First hour

“You all are interns which means you are in the lowest ranking in this medical system. For that account, never ask questions and never object to anything. You have to do whatever I tell you to do because you are here to answer the questions. That’s number three.” They were trying to keep up with the Gestapo, who was walking really really fast. Yugyeom wondered how a small person like her can be that scary. Opening a door to a room with 3 sofas and a coffee machine, she continued to speak.

“This is the break room. If you can find a vacant spot you can sleep here. If not, you are going to sleep whereever you can. And the most important rule…” She put her hand into the pockets of her coat and looked at all the interns right in the eyes. Message conveyed.

“If I am sleeping, and your patient is not seriously, 100% dying, you will never ever wake me up.” The patient you woke me up for has to be alive when I arrive near them. Because if not, you both would have killed a patient for no reason and woke me up for nothing which is…” She took a pause and nodded her head to nothing “I do not advise such a thing. Never.”

After a very scary pause that felt like hours she talked again “Okay.”

“Doctor” Suji raised her hand slightly. “ You didn’t tell the fifth one.” As if on time a ring was heard from the dect of Gestapo.

“And here is the fifth one.” Moving between the interns to get out she continued. “When I move, you are going to, too. NOW MOVE!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the first chapter. I hope you like it :) Tell me what you think about it!