Two

Dog Tags
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rin felt so out of it ever since she received the news about her having to leave. It was part of her duty as a soldier to protect Korea, but that didn’t mean her civilian side wasn’t terrified. She found herself trying to find a way not to make everyone worry about her.

Bangtan was her family, so it was only natural that her main concern was them.

“It’s our three year anniversary tomorrow” she stammered, her hand still lingering on the front door handle of their dorm, “Perhaps, I can bug him about spending the rest of the day with me today since I have to leave tomorrow morning”.

She pulled open the door and let herself in, removing her jacket and boots by the door like she usually did. She noticed that Jin had done the dishes for her despite her objection earlier that morning. The house was quiet, they were probably off at practice.

She turned and grabbed her things and left the dorm to her place that was only two doors down. She made her way inside and began to pack her backpack of everything she possibly needed for the trip so she didn't have to do it last minute.

An idea spread across her mind and she quickly went to the store to buy some cute decorations and food. She was going to throw a cute little anniversary party for him. She bought a cake, some candles, a few movies, and popcorn. She also bought food to make one of Yoongi's favorite kalbi dishes.

She quickly got home and chucked her shoes off and put the icecream cake in the fridge before it began to melt. She pulled the blankets off her bed and threw them on the couch. She knew how much Yoongi loved to lay around and watch movies. It would be a great night before she left, plus they could cuddle and do all the lovey-dovey things couples do.

She realized that four hours had gone by and the clock read 5:30pm. She changed into her regular clothing and went back to their dorm to see if they returned home.

The moment she opened the door, she could hear the maknae line shouting over their game. Namjoon was in the kitchen, doing something she wasn’t sure of and Jin who was supervising whatever Joon was doing.

“Welcome back, Rin” Jin smiled as he turned in the kitchen chair.

“Hi” she smiled, “Thank you for doing the dishes, Jin. I wasn’t expecting you to do that since I told you not to worry about it”. Jin waved at her, “It’s no problem. Are you hungry?”

She snickered a bit, “Aren’t I supposed to say that to you?”

“Possibly, but you’ve been so busy lately that I think we should take care of you for the day” Jin smiled, giving a thumbs up. “We don’t mind, you do so much for us!” Namjoon chimed in, it was apparent that he had broke the fridge door so he was trying to fix it before she got home. 

“Actually, I need to speak with you all” she muttered nervously, eyes diverted to the floor for comfort even though it gave her none.

The maknae line paused their game and came into the kitchen. “What’s going on?” Jimin asked, worried about her expression. She shyly smiled, “Tomorrow is our third year anniversary. I was hoping of doing something. Do you guys have any ideas on what I can do?” she asked, cupping her hands together.

“A child” Taehyung giggled under his breath, which made Jimin and Jungkook laugh. Rin bashfully smacked him and the boys’ laughed.

“ert” Rin blushed, “Anyways, where is Yoongi?” she asked happily. “Aw… He is in a really bad mood right now. He had a bad day and was scolded a lot by our manager and choreographer. He seemed very distracted today and that caused them to think he was slacking off and thus being scolded” Namjoon warned her, “He is working again on his mixtape, I think. I don’t think you should disturb him for a few hours- He needs time to cool off. You know how he can be when he is in his rage mode”.

Her lips pressed into a thin line. Regular Yoongi was hard to deal with, but pissed Yoongi was on a different level. She couldn't wait a few more hours- because if she did, she would have to sleep to be up to catch her plane.

“Why are you doing something today when it’s tomorrow?” Namjoon asked, taking a seat by Jin. Her eyes dropped to the floor, “I have to leave tomorrow” she stammered. “Aw. Another mission Noona?” Jimin pouted, hugging her from behind.

“You’ll be back in a few weeks. It’s no big deal” Jungkook chimed it, giving his support to the older girl. Rin thought she was going to cry. She tried her best to clear , but the lump continued to stay there. Everyone started to get nervous by the way she was acting. 

“Have.. you heard the news lately?” she breathed out with a quivering tone, playing with her fingers and not making any eye contact with them. Everyone shook their head. They didn’t have time to catch up on the news, they’ve all been so busy preparing for their upcoming comeback and any spare time was used for games or relaxation.

“No, why?” Jin asked noticing her dark expression. “What’s wrong?” Namjoon questioned right after.

“North Korea… is starting a war” she practically whispered. The house fell silent. She knew that it would scare them. The idea of a war. “But you....” Jimin stammered. “will be deployed to fight” she finished his sentence.

"Wouldn't we all be drafted as well?" Hoseok muttered. The boys all looked at each other, worried. "Because I am American, we are using our people to try and deflect any course of action. It shouldn't come to you guys needing to come, only us, hopefully!" Rin reassured them.

The tension in the house was crazy thick. They were all so damn worried about her. She was like their sister and knowing she had to go to war was such a horrifying thought. She let out a sigh to clear the quietness and break the tension because it was so silent that it was defeaning. 

“I’m going to explain to Yoongi. You all are on your own for dinner tonight. I'll be spending some quality time with him at my dorm" she smiled, moving her arms trying to get herself out of a bad mood. “He’s working though” Jungkook muttered another warning.

Rin smirked, “If there's anyone who can work their magic on emotionless Min, that would be me!”

She made her way to Yoongi’s room. There she saw him, hunched over his computer, furiously clicking on tabs. She grabbed a chair from the corner of the room and pulled it up next to him. His eyes tilted her direction for a bit before resuming to what he was doing on the computer screen.

“What are you working on?” she asked, looking at the screen. “A cypher” he mumbled. “Oh, another diss track! I can’t wait. I love your cyphers” she smiled, trying to give him encouraging words-hoping it would cheer him up. He didn’t say anything, just continued to work.

“How was practice today? I heard you had a bad day” she frowned. He let out a long sigh, “It ing .” he cursed out. She nodded her head, “Did you not get the dance moves down or?” His hands scrunched up as he bit down on his lip, “Don’t you have food to cook or something?” he snarled, trying to get her to leave.

“No, I’m not cooking today for the group” she chirped happily, “But I wanted to talk to you about something! Tomorrow is our anniversary and I thought we celebrate it today! I bought the cake and movies, and I even bought your favorite brand of popcor-”

“Oh my ing god Charin, you don’t stop talking do you?!” he banged his hands on his desk, startling her and even the boys in the front room. “Oh… Was I? I’m sorry!” she apologized, her gaze shifting down. “Just be quiet for a while” he grumbled and his focus returned to the screen.

“But Yoongi, I need to talk to you abou-”

“YES. I know! I know our anniversary is tomorrow! . I don’t really ing care about our three year, honestly.”

It felt like her heart broke in many peices. His eyes were so dark and angry and she knew that he had meant what he had said. She could feel her eyes moisten within seconds. She thought that she could handle his bad mood like she normally could, but the words stung bad. 

“You don’t c-care?” her voice trembling as her heart began to break more and more with each word that came out of his mouth.

“No. I don’t ing care. I’m trying to work here! Leave me be!” he growled, his hands harshly gripping onto the computer mouse. Rin tilted her head down. She could understand that perhaps three years wasn’t really a big deal. It’s not like a five year or ten year anniversary.

“But still, I’m leav-”

“GO! Please! Get the out! I’m so tired of hearing you speak! Go. I don’t want to spend tonight, tomorrow, or any more days with you Rin. Get the out of my face!” he yelled, pushing his chair backwards and standing up to tower over her. She shriveled at his voice.

Tears poured from her eyes as she shakily stood up, “Alright. I won’t appear in front of you again, if that’s what you wish”

“That would be fan-ing-tastic” he hissed before turning his back to her, placing on his headphones, and c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter