One

Dog Tags
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her combat boots trudged along the pavement as she made her way back to the dorm, letting out screeches from the pebbles grinding against the cement that got trapped in the creases on the bottom of her boots.

Training was brutal today.

Rin debated if it was only hard because she hadn’t been exercising like she normally does or the fact that she had a new drill sergeant who decided that today was hell week, but she was certain that it is the latter.

She finally made her way into the building, typing in the code that separated her from them.

As she opened the door and took off her boots at the front door, she received her normal ‘welcome home’ greetings that always put a smile on her face.

“Welcome back, Rin!” Jimin smiled as he sat posted on the couch with Taehyung and Jungkook, engrossed in some sort of shooting game that she wasn't sure of.

“Have you eaten?” she asked, taking off her ACU jacket and placing it over a kitchen chair. “No, not yet” Taehyung muttered, eyes still glued to the tv screen, "Jungkook was going to cook, but we told him not to unless he wanted to give everyone food poisoning".

Rin smiled and began to prepare their meal like she normally did in the evenings. 

Despite being in the army, she was also a caretaker and English tutor for BTS and had been for about five years. It's not that she needed the extra money, but she somehow ended up befriending them and before she knew it; she became part of the family.

“Where are the others?” She asked, so she could portion out the food. “Hoseok is practicing, Namjoon is with Jin at a photoshoot, and Yoongi is in his room working; like usual” Jimin muttered again before jumping up and letting out a victory cheer. Jungkook and Taehyung moaned in defeat as Jimin ended up shooting their character, causing them to lose the round.

“Will Hobi, Jin, and Joon be home for dinner?” she questioned again, pulling out pots and other cooking equipment she needed. “No.” Jungkook muttered for the first time since she returned home.

Rin made a mental note to make leftovers so they had something to eat later when they returned home, and with that she began to make dinner for the remaining members.

 

After two hours of preparing and cooking, she just waited on the stew to come to a complete boil and it would be ready for consumption.

She walked down the hall and knocked on a door that was on the far left hand side. When she didn’t hear anything on the other side, she opened it. She could see Yoongi’s profile from across the room, staring at the computer screen with headphones on and a pen in his hand that was rapidly tapping against a pad of paper.

She wanted to wrap her arms around his shoulders, but she knew Yoongi a little too well to do that. She knew that even if she had been dating him for two years now, that he would still get pissed if she disrupted him while he was working.

She knew how much he hated that, especially if he was deep in thought.

She smiled and closed the door behind her quietly as she went back to check on the food. Once seeing that everything had been perfectly blended and well cooked, she knew that it was ready to be served.

She began to deliver the food to the table and the maknae line came rushing in to eat. Once everything was set and ready for consumption, she started making separate things for Yoongi.

“Is he working still?” Taehyung asked, picking up his chopsticks and placing a glob of rice in his mouth. “Yeah, so I’ll just bring the food to him since I know he won’t come out here” Rin muttered as she placed all his food on a carrying tray. She carefully carried it down the hall and opened the door and then set the tray on an empty space next to him.

She rubbed his shoulder and he looked up at her, she signaled with her eyes for him to eat. He took off his headphones, “When did you get here?” he asked with a low lazy tone. “I’ve been home for a few hours. I came in once, but didn’t want to bother you.” she smiled, running her fingers through his soft auburn hair.

“Mm” he hummed, “I’ll eat when I’m finished editing” he stated as he placed his headphones back on and returned his attention back to the computer. Rin sighed a bit; wishing that he would put his needs before work, but that would be unlike Yoongi.

Granted, that was the reason why she fell in love with him- because he was a hard worker.


Three hours had passed and she had finished washing all of the dishes. The maknae line was still poached at the tv screen, wanting a rematch for the last game. She hoped Yoongi had eaten and checked on him again. He did finish his food. He was tilted back in his chair, hands resting at the back of his head and relaxing for the moment.

She came in and grabbed the dirty dishes from the tray.

“Come back after you’re done” Yoongi muttered tiredly. She nodde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter