Three

Dog Tags
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rin’s ears were filled with clutter of people talking, her fork grazing over the slop she was served at lunch.

She wanted Ramyun with all the wonderful sides.

She wanted Jin’s cooking.

She wanted to hear the maknae line screaming over Overwatch.

She wanted to see Joon breaking things and quickly trying to fix it without her seeing.

She wanted to be in Yoongi’s embrace.

A sudden knock on the table snapped her out of her thoughts. She looked up to see her tall and blonde friend. “James” she smiled.

“Was I interrupting something?” he asked, putting his tray of slop down and taking a seat in front of her. “No. I was just lost in thought, you know, about everything that is going to happen tomorrow morning” she muttered, still casually stirring her room temp food.

He let out a sigh, “I know how you feel. I’m sure we can all agree that we’re all pretty nervous and scared. I mean, knock on wood, tomorrow is never certain”.

Her skin crawled and she shuttered. She didn’t want to think about the possibility. She wanted to survive the war and come back home to her family of seven rowdy boys. “I just hope that the government officials call off everything before it gets to that point” she retorted, letting out a long breath, “Anywho, should I tell you a secret?” she smiled, wanting to get off the subject.

James cocked his head to the side, “It depends. Is it good or bad?”. Rin tapped her finger on her chin, “Well, I would say both? It all depends on how you respond to it”.

“Well now I’m interested. What is this secret?” he smiled, finally putting a spoonful of slop into his mouth and chewing on it without trying to gag.

Rin nodded her head to the right. James’ eyes travelled to where Rin was looking. He quickly turned his head back to her, “You’re joking! No way, when did she get back?” he smiled. “She came back not too long ago. I ran into her when I arrived.”

“She looks exactly the same….. But does she want to see me?” he frowned as he remembered what happened back in the US.

“She wants to, but with what is going on tomorrow- she is scared to bond again because... you know” she stammered. James nodded his head, “I can relate. I don’t blame her”, he turned his head once more to look at the girl who caught his eye just a few years ago.

"Are you going to eat your slop? because if not, I'll take it. I didn't eat much lately" Rin laughed, trying to dip her fork into his food. "Back off~ I need my three square meals of mush!" James teased.

"You think with all the government help, they could prepare us some more better tasting meals" Rin muttered. James smirked, "But that would be too easy. Once we get back home, what is one thing you want to eat?" he asked to help take her mind of the lunch. 

"I want Ramyun, as boring as it sounds. I want to add egg, cheese, kimchi, green onions, and other goodies with it and eat with my boyfr-.. and eat with my family" she slightly smiled, and bit in the inside of her cheek to prevent herself from crumbling.

"Your family? I thought you said that you were disowned a long time ago?"

"Different family. These boys.... have become my whole world. So now, not only do I fight for my countries, but I fight for their protection and safety. If things get worse over here and they are drafted- I will never forgive myself. They should never have to face this harsh reality. I will not allow it." tears almost threatening her eyes.

"I understand. Let's change the subject before I get emotional too, did you know..." James began to mutter off about several different topics to help keep Rins mind from wandering, but that didn't stop her mind from playing cruel jokes on her. 



 

Yoongi had dove himself into work. They had a concert today and he just spent his time going over lyrics and routines to keep himself busy to pass the time.

“Let’s go over that part one more time, Hobi” Yoongi panted, sweat waterfalling off him. Hoseok huffed, he was exhausted. “I need to rest, Hyung!. I can’t be tired when the concert starts or I’ll never be able to finish it”.

“One more time. Come on.” he nagged. Hoseok eventually agreed and they practiced some more.

Jin and Namjoon were watching from afar.

“His anger died down, which is a good sign.” Jin sighed. “I think he is just taking these emotions in stages: first is anger, second is denial, and perhaps third

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter