Five

Dog Tags
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rin was sleep deprived and anxiety ridden. She wasn't able to sleep what so ever. Even though the base was well hidden and they had laid trapped throughout the forest- she was absolutely terrified. Every little crinkle from a leaf would wake her up immediately. Any animal sound would startle her. Everytime another soldier sneezed or lightly coughed, she panicked. 

She stayed awake until sunrise. She played close attention to the tracker to see if any enemies were approaching. None were, but that didn't stop her brain from overreacting. Eventually her soldiers began to wake up and prepare for breakfast with a delightfully /disgusting/ breakfast MRI that contained some sort of bread that had the consistency and taste of cardboard, some unsalted tube peanut butter, and black coffee/tea.

"You didn't sleep?" Sulbi asked, trying to get the peanut butter unstuck from the roof of .

"No. My anxiety kept me up all night. Not to mention that the sore on my shoulder throbs" she lightly rubbed the shoulder that the bullet skimmed by on. "You need to put some rubbing alcohol on it. Come here!" one of the back up soldiers commanded, his name plate read 'Matthews'. 

Sitting down in front of the stern man, he began to clean her wound. Her face scrunched from the stinging pain. "Thanks" she gritted to the solider, who then tapped some gauze around it. "No problem" he muttered back.

Now at least infection was the least of her worries at the moment, but there was one thing that was one her mind.

"Listen. I want to do this right here and right now because yesterday was a ing nightmare. Sulbi and James. Y'all gave away our positions due to your yelling and bickering and continued to fight even when I, your superior, gave you direct orders. I want you all to lash it out right now. Get it off your chest, because I WILL NOT have the exact same thing repeat as yesterday. Got it?" her voice stern and her eyes narrowed to the two. 

The guy stared at the girl and then at each other for a moment. Rin was right. What they did yesterday was completely reckless and the dumbest thing they could have ever done. They should have known better than to do that.

"Alright. So, let me tell you again Sulbi. I don't know what you heard from Marie, but I was not talking to her romantically and I was not engaging with her romantically. The only reason why I approached her was because I needed to confront her about you!" James spoke up after that moment of silence. He was ready to tell his side of what happened those years ago. 

"Why would she say that though?"

"Because Marie was a biggot!" he blurted.

This took Rin and Sulbi by surprise. Marie was someone they thought of as a friend. She was Sulbi's bunk mate and someone Rin and Sulbi talked to often because they all slept near each other. 

"A biggot?" Sulbi repeated, tilting her head to the side, "Are you sure you didn't confuse your words?"

"No. Marie was a ing racist pig. When I approached her to get information from you because at the time, Rin was with Parker helping him learn cadence because he was still new and didn't know what he was doing. So I thought Marie would have the information I was looking for, but instead of the information I was looking for; she proceeded to try and persuade me to choose her instead because you were..... I'm not even gonna mention that racial slur she used and that it was "your peoples fault" that us Americans were being sent into a third world country; and that she was a better choice because "babies with blonde hair and blue eyes are superior". So yes, Marie was a biggot".

"That ing " Rin cursed out, "All this time she swore us sisterhood and that trifling little was being a snake all this time?" she clenched her hands. Sulbi was equally as pissed. "That trallop. I told her some of my deepest secrets and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter