009

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYONG POV

“Can you stay at my place tonight?” she asked with her shaky voice.

 

“No. Just go to sleep, Dara. You need to grow up, you have to face the fear and move on.” I comforted her.

 

“How could I move on? I wanted to but I just can’t. I thought that I would forget the kidnap thingy as I grow up, but it doesn’t fade away. Not a tiny bit.” She answered lightly, soft enough to let me hear it.

 

“I will watch you tonight. Nothing bad is going to happen. I promise.” I sighed in defeat. I just couldn’t find any words to reject her.

 

“Thank you.” She said while guiding me towards her bedroom.

 

“Why do you still keep the photos?” I asked while staring at the wall.

 

“You are my only friend.” She said while hugging herself at the corner of the bed.

 

“I don’t see you as a friend ever since my dad died. Why do you still holding on the memories?” I asked bluntly.

 

“I know but it wasn’t your fault anyway. I would do that if I were you. I’m sorry.” She said.

 

“Sorry? Sorry couldn’t bring my parents back to life isn’t it?”

 

“Sorry.” She answered.

 

“Just go to sleep. I’m tired.” I closed my eyes and pretend to sleep on the couch. “Oh damn why does she has to on the lights? I couldn’t sleep at all.” I sighed inwardly. One hour has passed and I’m still being conscious with my eyes closed.

 

“It’s better if you don’t know anything.” Dara sobbed while moving her fingers around my frowning eyebrows. “How can this girl walk without any sound? I thought she slept. Is she crying all along?” I asked inwardly totally forgetting what she said just now.

 

“So who’s watching who?” I looked at Dara who’s leaning her head on the side of the couch. I sighed and held her up towards the bed.

 

“Please don’t hate me.” She sobbed in her sleep.

 

“I don’t hate you.” I said and leave a soft kiss on her forehead.

 

“Wake up now, Jiyong!” she yelled while shaking my arms violently.

 

“Alright jeez… what time is it?” I asked while rubbing my eyes.

 

“5:00” she answered.

 

“What the , Dara? Our class starts at 8. Just wake me up at 7” I answered.

 

“I am hungry and I can’t sleep. I want a pancake.” She pouted while playing with my fingers.

 

“I’m tired, babe. Let me sleep.” I ignored her.

 

“Babe, please?” she answered.

 

“What did you just said?” I bolted up and looked at her in shock.

 

“Is it wrong to call you babe?” She mimicked

 

“It’s totally fine. I am your boyfriend after all.” I smiled and pulled her into a tight hug.

 

“What do you want again, babe?” I asked while showing her a gummy smile.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter