Two

A Colorless World

HIT: Him Tae Institute, him meaning power, tae meaning great, it's easier for students who want to enter the school to just say HIT, it was a weird thing at first, but soon all future students called it that. It's where students, who are believed to have exceptional powers are recruited, or take an exam. Those recruited do not need to take the exam, they will only need to have their powers viewed by their recruiter, who is already a student of the academy. 

------

"I am," Mingyu said. I was a little baffled but kept my composure. "I knew of your power when the Institute told me I was going to watch over you for the rest of this month." He kept his eyes locked on mine, but it wasn't like I was trying to avoid them in the first place. He took my hand with a smile. "Just pretend that you don't know I'm your recruiter, alright?" I just laughed, but not for the reason he thought. "Would you like to get milk tea? My treat" He released my hand and kept the door open for me. 

In only a few moments, I was swept away by his pace. 

 

"Kim Mingyu..." I started tapping at the honeydew milk tea I have yet to sip. We sat across from each other at a table near the window. Downtown Seoul was packed, as usual, plenty of students, but there plenty more adults considering most students would be studying for their exams right about now. "Can I ask how you're my recruiter? I would've thought my recruiter would be a student of the school already." Mingyu pulled his lips away from his straw and just smiled. 

"I've already been accepted, I have friends who attend the school, and so my acceptance was made easier." I nodded my head playing with the straw in between my hands. Mingyu noticed my disbelief. "The school is weird isn't it?" He lightly laughed. 

light blue...

I shook my head. "It's HIT, nothing to complain about is there?" I said turning my head out the window. "But for HIT to come to me already is just..." I said under my breath. I can feel Mingyu's curious stare without looking at him. "So, you know my power right?" I stuck the straw in the cup and took a sip. 

"I did say that." Mingyu nodded his head. "But I only know a little." I sipped again waiting for further explanation. "I know that it has to do with your eyes and that you can see things other people can't see." 

"How vague" I laughed. "They really didn't tell you much." Mingyu laughed with me. "Before I tell you my power in detail, can you tell me yours?" 

Mingyu put both his hands on the cup. "If I put both my hands on something, I can tell in full detail what is something made of." He held the cup up in front of me. "So, this is earl gray milk tea, with Boba right?" I nodded my head. "The place here uses simple ingredients, so in here there's 1/2 cup strongly brewed tea, 1 cup almond milk, and 2 pumps of french vanilla sweetener. Oh, and of course Boba" He smiled. 

"You don't know what the boba is made of?" I asked curiously. 

"I can't see stuff inside the milk tea, only the basic." Mingyu shook his head. I just nodded my head. "I gained this power because I was a curious child. I would always wonder how things were made, and sometimes I'd take things apart, causing me to get in trouble." He chuckled. I nodded my head using the straw to stir my drink. "Ok, your turn." 

I sat back in my seat for a moment, then grabbed my drink with both hands. "I can see people's true colors." I looked over to the side. "The main condition is that I have to be face to face, not specifically in front of them, but their face must be facing me, as well as I need have at least made eye contact with them at one point in time." Mingyu nodded his head, thinking back to earlier in the classroom. I looked down with a laugh. "I still understand what HIT wants with my power." 

"True colors, like if they're good or bad?" Mingyu asked curiously. 

"Think more differently" I gestured. "If someone is lying to you, or maybe if they're a dangerous person, or if they were maybe serious about something. There would be a distinct color on them. Usually, it's their eyes. But there could be this aura about them that I can see" I went quiet. An easy signal to Mingyu that I was done talking. 

"So how'd you get your power?" Mingyu asked. I paused, but before I could answer Mingyu's entire body glowed red. In one quick motion, I pulled Mingyu out of his seat and away until he was green. 

Something crashed through the window and the people around had been hit or pushed away. 

 

----

I'm ending the chapters as if they're like drama's. -Author.