One

A Colorless World

"Hey, Chae Young" I hear from my right. "Lend me your notes for math" 

white... 

"Sure" I don't look up at the person or anything. I just hand the person to my right the notes and continue on looking out the window. It was 4th period, Friday afternoon, almost everybody has gone home. "Just make sure to give it back tomorrow" The person, whoever they were nodded their head and ran after their friends. Soon there was only me and one other person in this class, a boy, tall stature, short brown hair, and tan skin, but the tan skin didn't get in the way of what the girls called his "good looks". I waited a moment, seeing if he was going to get up on his own or if was waiting for something. 

yellow green... 

"I see..." I said under my breath. I placed both my hands on my desk and push myself away. In that two motion instance, he turns to me abruptly. We meet eye to eye, his eyes couldn't stay connected to mine for more than three seconds. I wasn't too surprised and just gave a small smile. "Yes?" 

"Oh Chae Young?" He started slowly. "This is the first time we're talking to each other. Right?" He smiled back at me. There was a moment of silence, I was thinking to myself that what the girls were saying was true, he did have "good looks". "I've been meaning to try and talk to you for a while." 

"Really?" I say with a fake laugh, reaching for my backpack. "For how long?" I put my backpack on while waiting for his response. "Kim Mingyu, I didn't even know you knew who I was, considering how popular you are here." 

"Oh!" He seems surprised to hear that answer. "I don't think I'm that popular" He laughs waving his hands right in front of his face. I just nod my head looking towards the door. "I've wanted to talk to you since the start of school, I've just been too nervous to try." He put a hand on his neck to show shyness. 

dark orange...

"It's the last month of school," I say making my way to the door. Mingyu had a fuddled reaction to my words and my movement.

dull yellow...

I hold my hand at the door. "Now be honest" I sighed. "What is the true reason you called me out." 

"I didn't call you out!" He claims. 

white...

I reached for my phone. Starring at the message I received the other day. I found myself confused, with a small grimace on my face I look back up at Mingyu who was quickly trying to gather his things just in case I was to run off.  "Then what is it?" I asked, with a deep sigh. Then I opened my eyes looking up. "Wait" I paused, Mingyu stood before me, holding his stuff in one arm. "Are you my recruiter for HIT?" Mingyu stared at me. Fixing his stuff so he can answer properly. I didn't need his answer.

dark blue...