Eigth-pilog

When You Love

Hyunwoo was trying calm him down when he saw Kihyun on his knees in front of him crying loudly saying that it's his fault. Hoseok knows that Kihyun didn't mean for anything like this to happen. He also knows when Changkyun told him what had happened at the family restaurant that the vocalist was just worried about his future. Their future as an idol to be. But at the same time he thought that Kihyun has gone too far by acting that way to Lacie. Hoseok had already thought about the relationship thing and how would it affect the group's future too obviously. He was about to question Kihyun when he saw the younger's body slowly drifting to the side. He quickly catch his body and calling out his name. The small vocalist has lost consciousness.

 

Hoseok sits on the waiting area sighing out loud. The doctor said Kihyun past out because of the stressful and shocking event that he had witness today. He was given IV drip and was resting in the yellow zone. Hyunwoo and Hyungwon decide to be by Kihyun side and wait for him to wake up. Hoseok is still waiting for the doctors in the critical zone to give him news on Lacie. If anything happen to Lacie, he felt like it would be the end for his life as well. His heart burns at the thought. It is unbearable. He wants to see her smiling at him as always. He wants to tell her how much he loves her. He was so deep in his thought he didn't realize Minhyuk and Jooheon sitting beside him.

"Hyung, I'm sure everything will be fine. Lacie will survive this. She is strong right. You always told us how strong she is," Minhyuk said while hugging Hoseok from the side trying to calm him.

"Yeah hyung! Lacie need to survive this so that Kihyun hyung can apologize to her and she can flick his head as punishment," Jooheon continues with a soft smile. It was stupid really but he thought that's the least he can say to ease the tense his hyung was having.

Hoseok manage a small grin seeing two of his dongsaeng trying their best to cheer him. Even with their face obviously showing how worried they were about Lacie. Hoseok noticed last time when he introduce Lacie to all the members, Jooheon and Minhyuk got attached to her rather quickly. When he asked them what they think of her, Minhyuk has said that she was very warm and kind, and she laughs at his stupid jokes sincerely. While Jooheon simply said that Lacie matched well with his aura. Don't even ask what he meant because Hoseok didn't think he knows what he was talking about.

"Hyung, I sincerely think that Kihyun hyung didn't mean anything bad. He was just worried. To be honest with you I was worried too at first. But I decide that I want to trust you and Lacie on this," Jooheon voice suddenly breaking the silence. Minhyuk nods at Jooheon words. The younger is always honest with his feelings and Minhyuk always admired that side of him.

"When you introduce her to us, I too thought that this could hurt our soon to be career. So I might have the same thought as Kihyun hyung, But it changed when I talk to her. I don't know why but I felt like I want to trust her..." his words was interrupted when a doctor from the critical area came out and was looking for Lacie's guardian.

Hoseok quickly stand up and calling the doctor saying that he is Lacie's fiancee. A white lie he quickly thought of so that he can know her condition.

"Her condition is stable right now. But she is still unconscious. We will put her under a strict watch for now. If she wakes up then we will continue with regular treatment."

"Can I see her now?"

"Yes sure. But only one person at a time and no waiting inside the room. You can wait at the waiting area."

Hoseok rush into the room quietly and went straight to Lacie's bedside. He is heartbroken seeing Lacie lying on the bed with so many wires and needles attached to her. Hoseok holds her lifeless hand and looks at her pale face before tears starts rolling on his cheeks and he sobs loudly.

"I will never let you go. NO MATTER WHAT!"

 

Minhyuk was waiting with Jooheon when he sees a petite girl running towards them tears rolling and crying. The girl stops in front of them, looking angry and truth be spoken, Minhyuk was intimidated.

"Where is she?! Where is Lacie?" the girl asked almost shouting.

"I'm sorry but who are you again?"

"I'm her bestfriend damn it. And where is that bastard? I will kill him if I saw him!"

"I never know Lacie had a bestfriend like you, and who are you calling bastard right now?!" Minhyuk raises his voice.

"Guys calm down please. Screaming like this won't settle anything," Jooheon cuts when he saw the nurse staring at them.

"You must be Mika right? Lacie is in that room and Hoseok hyung is with her right now," he continues while pointing the room to Mika.

Hearing Jooheon speaking politely, Mika calm herself. He is right. Now is not the time to be arguing or blaming anyone. Lacie needs her right now. She will definitely be sad if she knows they were fighting because of her.

"Look I'm sorry. I shouldn't talk like that to you guys. As much as you care for each other I care for Lacie the same way. Thank you for staying here though," she looks at Minhyuk apologetically.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too and honestly I understand why you would be mad at Kihyun... at us," Minhyuk said while looking at Mika with a soft smile.

 

=======///=======

Hoseok was looking at her when he notices the small frown on her face. He brush his eyes thinking that he was hallucinating. But then again he sees the frown. He moves closer to her and hold her hand.

"Lacie, wake up... Can you hear me? Wake up sweetheart I'm here."

Hoseok can feel a soft grip on his hand. She's awake, he know now for sure. He then calls her again slowly but she didn't open her eyes. So, he called louder.

"Don't scream at me...let me sleep more," she whines softly.

"You have been sleeping for a week now. Please wake up... I missed you so much."

Hearing that she opens her eyes slowly. The one face she misses is in front of her smiling brightly, her eyes (and heart) can barely take it.

"I miss yo-" before she could finish her words, she felt his lips crushing on her lips softly. She was solid frozen. Her mind is a mess. Hoseok is trying to kill her.

His lips stays for a while before he pulls to look at her face when he notice she was not moving an inch along the way. She blinks her eyes blankly and Hoseok let out a small sigh at that.

"Do you hate it when I kiss you? Is it that bad?"

"How can it be bad you idiot! I FREAKING LOVE YOU!" none of the words are actually spoken even though she practically screaming her heart out. Her voice has its own mind right now.

"I'm sorry I kiss you so sudden... It won't happen again I promise," Hoseok says in a disappointed voice while standing up to leave the room. When she saw that, Lacie quickly grab his wrist.

"Where are you going? I never said I hate it... I never say it was bad... Why are you making assumptions about my feelings?"

Tears are rolling fast on her cheeks as she sobs softly. Hoseok turns and reach her face and kiss her again, passionately this time. Hoseok don't need a confession. He can feel it. She is showing her feelings through the kiss. He pulled himself from the kiss and hug her tightly, he can feel her heart beating as fast as his own. After a moment their heartbeat matched in a rhythm only known to them.

Lacie was packing her things to leave the hospital when she heard a knock. She turns toward the door to see Kihyun and Hyungwon standing and smiling apologetically at her. Lacie smiles back and ask them to come in.

"Lacie I know I don't even deserve to say sorry to you but please, I need you to know that I was the one being selfish and...and I.." Kihyun couldn't say anything more. He chokes on his tears. Lacie might not forgive him now but he will keep asking for her forgiveness.

"Kihyun shi... I will never forgive you."

Hyungwon eyes widened at Lacie's statement. "Lacie shi, I know what we have done was wr-"

"I will never forgive both of you if you try to apologize again."

"What?" Hyungwon and Kihyun asked simultaneously not sure of what they are hearing right now.

"I said I will never forgive both of you if you apologize to me again. I'm not mad okay. You guys are important to me too. After all you guys were just thinking about Hoseok's future and I'm very thankful that he have such wonderful friend who cares about him deeply."

Both of them stunned at her words. This girl does not make any sense. How can she be so kind to them after what happen. Kihyun cries thinking about everything that has happened. That is when Lacie reach towards him and pulls him into a warm hug saying that everything is fine. Hyungwon turns away when he saw Lacie hugging Kihyun. He didn't want them to see his tears slowly fall down at the sight of Lacie's warm and kind hearted act.

 

"Ehem... Sorry but that girl already belongs to this handsome man standing here," says Hoseok pointing at himself while grinning.

Kihyun pulls himself from the hug and smirk. "Wow that's a weird thing to say hyung. I don't see any handsome man here except for Hyungwon."

"Now you are being mean Kihyun ah. My poor hearteu."

"Hyung Lacie is coming with us. Our manager will drive us back. We will take a good care of her..bye hyung."

Kihyun grabs Lacie's bag while Hyungwon usher her out towards their waiting car. Hoseok chase them wanting to go together.

"Hey guys what about me? Let me go together with you."

"No hyung you are taking the cab. We are going to have our precious moment along with Lacie. You can go back with Changkyun and Minhyuk," Hyungwon said while getting into the car.

Hoseok watched as the car leaving him and a very confused Changkyun and Minhyuk. He was relieved that Kihyun and Hyungwon has started to accept Lacie. He wouldn't asked for anything more. He is content. This is all he ever needed.

 

=====///=====

 

3 years later...

 

Lacie never thought that her decision to follow her senior to Korea would made a big change in her life. She was thankful, because of her once bad decision she could meet her soulmate.

 

Right now she nervously waiting in the preparation/waiting/dressing (called it what you want) room watching through LCD TV. Monsta X is currently on S Champ Show presenting their Beautiful comeback. Their turn was over just a moment ago. All of them are coming into the room searching for the small fan. Their clothes are wet from sweat after dancing hard to their song just now. Changkyun comes in first and seat beside Lacie, and put his head on her shoulder. Lacie laugh seeing the maknae whining at her and she picks her handkerchief out to wipe off sweat on his forehead.

 

"Lacieeeee not fair.. I'm sweating buckets too...Help me too," Minhyuk whines as he seats on the other side of Lacie's chair and offers his head.

"Next is me!" Kihyun joins.

"Me next and after that Jooheonie and Hyunwoo hyung," Hyungwon continues lazily.

"What about me?! Excuse my handsome face right now but that beautiful lady is definitely waiting for me here not you guys."

"You have her stuck to you all the time Hoseok ah. Let us have her attention too. Lacie is OUR caretaker okay..No wait... Let me rephrase, she is Monsta X manager not Shin Hoseok's," Hyunwoo says while grinning towards Hoseok.

 

"Yes but she is SHIN HOSEOK'S WOMAN!"

 

Lacie blush hard at Hoseok's bold statement. The others can see her blushing face and they all push Hoseok out of the room saying that he is one embarrassing human being and they would not let her be with him today. Lacie laughs out loud when she hear Hoseok knocking on the door after Jooheon locks it. It has been three years since she was offered to be their 2nd manager. Since then they all have grown very close. Monsta X is her family. Hoseok asked her out officially a year after their debut and they are keeping it a secret known to only few (Monsta X members, their manager, and the company CEO).

 

They always tease Hoseok saying that he is too lucky to have Lacie. So they decided to have Lacie's attention whenever it's working time and they usually push Hoseok out saying that he can spend any other time with Lacie.

 

====///=====

Hoseok finally got into the room after their manager come with a spare key. He saw the members laughing and smiling brightly at Lacie. She is definitely like the sun. Giving light and warmth to people unconditionally. Hoseok thought back on his life before meeting her. How he was over the edge on giving up everything.

 

 

Hoseok remember the time he was captivated by her and how the members are slowly drown in.