Three

When You Love

Lacie was shocked and confused. She didn't captured what just happen. She saw Hoseok dragging her furiously. She's too afraid to say anything. They have walked past the bakery. Even further than that actually. She looks on the ground while walking, following where ever Hoseok is taking her. Her mind is in total chaos. It took her long enough to realize that Hoseok knows everything by now. Realizing that she stops her foot in place.

 

She saw Hoseok stops abruptly and heard him sigh loudly before he turn himself looking at her. Lacie was waiting for something to came out from his lips. But not words were uttered. How did he looks right now? Is he mad? Wait. Why would he be mad though? Many things were playing on her mind while she looks on the ground below her.

It's not winter but she felt a chill in her spine when Hoseok finally said "So, is he the reason you come to Korea?"

Lacie's eyes widened at his question. She didn't want Hoseok to know about this. She definitely don't want Hoseok to ask that question either. She don't even know why.

 

"Answer me Lacie!" Hoseok said loudly almost shouting literally.

 

Lacie frozed. She was so scared. The reason? She didn't even know. She is just scared and she didn't realize tears were rolling down her cheeks until Hoseok's warm hands were cupping her cheeks wiping them off.

 

"I'm sorry Lacie. I didn't meant to shout at you. I'm so sorry," he said after pulling Lacie into a hug.

 

That moment, Lacie's heart beats so hard it felt like it's going to jump out of her rib cage. She didn't know why. They stayed like that until Hoseok pull himself from the hug and looks Lacie in the eyes and kisses her on the forehead.

 

"Let me take you home and we will talk okay? You will tell me everything because just like you said, I'm your friend right?" he said slowly and Lacie nods willingly.

 

Hoseok calls Hyunwoo to tell him he's going to be late. He always tells the eldest his whereabouts. He admire the eldest for always being calm and composed and also the fact that he kind of bring them together at times. They arrive at Lacie's home a moment later and truth be told Hoseok was nervous. Though he already walks her home so many time, this is actually the first time he was invited inside. He sits on the small couch eyeing Lacie when she goes to the kitchen to grab some drinks for them.

 

He looks around the apartment. The walls are painted in white with a small black four leaf clover carved vertically in the middle of it. Everything in the apartment is in white color. The decoration is simple yet calming. There's a frame of an oceanic painting hanging on the wall. A small brown vase with fresh sunflower in it resides on a glass table beside the couch he was seating. Lacie come back with two cups of coffee and sits beside Hoseok.

 

She looks at Hoseok and smile. Hoseok felt a rush of blood emerging and he thinks it shows on his pale face. It hurts to see her smile like that. How can she smile when her heart was literally broken to pieces. Hoseok's heart is also breaking right now. Seeing her smile like that hurts and Hoseok wants to tear off the smiling mask she is wearing. Hoseok has decided. If she thinks of Hoseok as her friend, he wanted to be the best friend she could ever had. Hoseok is planning on making her spill out everything. He wants to know everything about her. He wants to be the one by her side when she needed someone. So, Hoseok started his interrogation (seems like it) with one simple question.

"Who is he?"