One

When You Love

Hoseok watch her quietly from afar. She is so different from any other person he knew. She is very bright most of the time. She would give her warmest smile to everyone even when he can see clearly that she is tired. Work is slowly consuming her energy. If Hoseok would compare her to something, she is like the sun. Bright and warm. But sometimes, just sometimes, she seem so drawn back in her thoughts. Like something is troubling her mind and Hoseok notice that too.

"Err...excuse me, are you going in or not?" a voice shocked Hoseok from his thoughts and he realize that he was standing in front of the bakery door for a long time. There are already a line of three people waiting to get in the bakery. 'Damn it Hoseok' he mumbles to himself. "I'm so sorry...please go in," he said while opening the door for them to go in. He mentally slap himself so hard and laugh at his idiotic behavior just now. When he look back to her direction, he saw that girl giggling lightly before waving her hand towards Hoseok. Hoseok grins as he enter the bakery and goes straightly to the girl who is currently at the cashier, just finished taking order from customers.

"Would you like to have the usual Hoseok shi?" she ask politely offering a soft smile to Hoseok.

"Yes and can you give me extra shots on the coffee. I really need the caffeine to stay awake for practices tonight." Hoseok said almost mumbling toward the end of his sentence. He's taken aback by that soft beautiful smile. He was wondering if she only smile like that to him or to everyone and Hoseok's chest stings on that thought. He can't stand the thought that she smiles like that to any other alive beings on this planet. He wants her to smile like that only for him.

"I know that you are chasing your dream and you like doing it. But still don't push yourself too hard. You should rest and eat properly," she said with worried tone.

"Are you worried about me? Am I special?"

The girl looks at Hoseok with wide eyes before she smiles brightly and said in a soft voice, "Of course I am worried. You are already a friend to me."

Hoseok can feel his heart stings at the word friend. FRIEND. He looks at her as she turns to make Hoseok's coffee while asking Hoseok to have a sit at the left corner seating at the bakery. Hoseok walks slowly and sit there waiting for his coffee losing himself on his thought. He almost jump out of the chair when he felt a soft hand tapping his shoulder. He look up and saw the face of a girl who captured his heart.

"Are you okay? I was calling your name but you didn't even flinched," she said while sitting down next to Hoseok.

"Yah Lacie, are you trying to kill me?" Hoseok said while trying to compose himself back.

"What? I called you so many time and I tapped lightly. You are the one being jumpy here," she retorts with a small pout.

Hoseok laugh at the cute pout and pinch her cheeks lightly. "Are you done with work? Let me walk you back home."

"Actually, I'm not done," she said while sighing softly. "One of the closing team members caught a flu and the manager ask me to replace him for today. So I have to work double shift today."

"Seriously? Double shift? You are going to kill yourself you know. Today is Saturday and it's going to get hectic on dinner time too," Hoseok said looking worried to death.

She just laugh and said "Look who's talking right now."

After an hour she finally manage to convince Hoseok that she is fine, he finally agrees to go back to his dorm with a condition that he will walk her back after she finishes her work. Hoseok has evening dance practice and he was planning to sneak out for a moment to walk her home.