Five

When You Love

Hoseok frowns when he sees the schedule for No Mercy (the survival show for debut). The schedule was so pack and not to mention that he really needs to prepare himself for the first debut mission. The show is starting in 2 weeks and he needs to figure out what he will be showing for the pre-ranking tomorrow.

 

"There's no time to meet her..." he mumbles to himself.

 

Kihyun was passing beside Heseok when he heard him mumbles to himself. He was worried about Hoseok losing his focus. They have been friends for years while being a trainee so he hated the fact that this show will eliminates some of them and who knows it might be him. Those mingling thoughts and emotions made him anxious and he tends to be nasty with his words.

 

"Hyung...Is that what really matters now? The thing you should be focusing now is your future hyung! I seriously don't understand why you seems to take this lightly! It's already depressing enough..." Kihyun couldn't continue his words and tears was bursting out from his eyes. After that he storms to his room while sobbing.

Minhyuk one of the trainees saw the scene shook his head before looking at Hoseok and slowly said, "Hyung don't take it to your heart... Kihyun has been worried all these time after he heard that we would be put through the survival show. He was just worried about you...about all of us."

Hoseok nods agreeing with Minhyuk. He knows how Kihyun felt. The pressure really hits them hard. The fact that some of them will debut while eliminating others felt like an utter betrayal. But just like what Lacie said, the whole concept makes it worth putting all of your effort on the line. Hoseok went on to the bathroom to take shower before going to the company's studio to prepare himself. He needs to tell Lacie tomorrow that they won't be able to see each other for a while.

 

======//////////////==========

 

It has been 2 weeks since they last see each other. Lacie is restless. Everything she does at work today was a mess. Her manager then ask her to go and take a 2 hour rest. Her team member, Mika sits next to her pushing a cup of Chrysanthemum tea.

 

"Drink it and calm your thoughts. What's wrong with you today?" she asked before sipping her coffee.

"I'm fine it's just..."

 

"You miss him don't you?" Mika said before Lacie could finish her sentence.

"I'm still mad at him about the sudden announcement of the wedding!"

"I'm not talking about Jae Yong."

 

"What do you mean you are not talking about Jae Yong. Who else could I've been mis..." Lacie stop her words as she realize the person Mika is talking about.

 

"Lacie, you miss him so bad that you are such a mess right now. You never act like this whenever you said you miss Jae Yong," Mika said while looking at Lacie.

 

"To be honest with you, when I see you with Jae Yong you always have this empty look in your eyes. I know you say you love him but do you think you still love him the same when he started to drift apart from you? Do you still love him after what he has done to you?"

 

Lacie stared at Mika blankly. She doesn't like what she heard from her but she can't say that Mika is wrong. Mika is very observant. She always manage to see through Lacie's thought and feelings. No matter how good she hides it, Mika knew.

 

"Things are different with Hoseok though. The way you smile at him, the way you talk to him, you seem genuinely happy. It's like how people talk to each other when they fall in love," she continues.

 

Seeing Lacie staring blankly Mika turns Lacie's face around and said loudy,

"Lacie, stop fooling yourself telling that you still love Jae Yong. Wake up and start seeing your true feelings. The one you love is Hoseok!"

 

Lacie's heart beats rapidly. It hurts to hear someone else said what you really feels out loud when your sub conscious self was trying to avoid them. Tears are bursting from her eyes. She already knows her feelings toward Hoseok all these time. She pushed aside those feelings for the sake of keeping her 7 years relationship with Jae Yong. But right now her heart is crying and telling her to stop telling herself that she didn't have feelings for Hoseok.

 

When Mika saw Lacie bursting out tears she pulls her closer and give a warm hug and said, "I'm sorry I kinda scream at you just now. I just want you to be happy. Someone like you deserves to be happy. Do you understand that?"

 

That night Lacie decided that she will tell Hoseok her feelings towards him the next time they meet. She will go and see Jae Yong to end things properly with him. She will do it no matter what. She is hoping that Hoseok too share the same feelings. If not... If Hoseok don't love her the same way...

=========///========

 

 

No Mercy has ended. Hoseok still can't believe that he was chosen in the final line up along with six other members (Hyunwoo, Minhyuk, Kihyun, Hyungwon, Jooheon, and Changkyun). What Lacie said was true after all. It is painful to watch some of their friends being eliminated but no one thought it was all bad things. They were given chances to prove themselves and to show people how hard they have been working to achieve their dream. Those who've been eliminated knows this too. There are nothing to be ashamed off. Seeing their friends debut will only encourage them to try harder.

 

The debut date is coming closer. In about a month the seven of them will be known as Monsta X. Hoseok, Hyunwoo, and Changkyun was given a different stage name. Hoseok will be using the name Wonho on stage as a member of Monsta X.

Hoseok can't wait to see Lacie. Finally after so long. He asked all of Monsta X members to come with him as he wanted to introduce Lacie to them. They all agree and excited when Hyunwoo told them a little bit about Lacie. All of them but one person.

 

The next morning, all seven of them went to the bakery to meet Lacie. Hoseok was excited. Too excited that he almost bump into a street light pole when he was looking back talking with the members while walking. They arrive when the bakery was just starting their operation hours. Lacie was at the cashier opening the POS system when she saw 7 guys walking towards the front counter and she saw Hoseok and Hyunwoo among them. That must be Monsta X members, she thought to herself. Lacie have watched No Mercy and he knows how hard and painful it is for the seven of them seeing their friends go and desperately doing all they can to survive the show. Hoseok was nervous when he sees her at the cashier. It has been three month since they saw each other. She is still as beautiful and bright.

 

"Lacie ah...It has been too long," Hoseok said softly.

 

"Hoseok shi, it has been too long indeed. What can I get you and your friends?" she replies politely while looking at Hoseok in the eye.

 

"A usual for me and americano for the others. And we need breakfast sandwiches too."

 

"Alright please have a seat first we will deliver your order in a moment," she said nervously avoiding looking at Hoseok eyes when she notice he was staring at her.

 

Hoseok grins widely seeing her face goes beet red. The nervousness washed down when he saw Lacie's reaction. He knows he's not the only one excited about this meeting.

=========////=========