Six

When You Love

Kihyun watched with hawk like eye when Hoseok is at the counter ordering their coffees. That must be the girl Hoseok tells them about. Kihyun is not eager at all to meet that girl. He has been thinking the whole night. No he has been thinking since he first heard Hoseok talks about this girl. Their relationship is going nowhere really. Now that they are close to debut he can't let them risk their upcoming career with rumors that Hoseok is in a relationship or there is already a girl in his heart bla bla... Rumors like this could ruin everything. Not to mention they are just starting. They worked really hard on this. Sacrificing their sleep, needs, youth, and even their friends. There is no way Kihyun can let this happen. He need to act fast. He need to talk to that girl alone.

 

Hyungwon is looking at Kihyun the entire time when they talk to that girl. He knows what's playing on Kihyun's mind. Kihyun talked to him last night about his worries. Hyungwon agrees with Kihyun at first, but after he met Lacie, he understands why Hoseok falls head over heels for her. He too was worried that Hoseok feelings could bring out unwanted rumors. Truth be told he didn't trust Lacie at all at first. But now he sees that Lacie is different. She is so selfless and kind. Always bright and encouraging to others. And not to mention the loving gaze she always have towards Hoseok. Hyungwon knows that Kihyun was just worried and he actually cared about their hyung. But he don't know what is on his mind right now. So when he saw Kihyun getting out of their dorm, he goes to his room to grab his jacket and follow Kihyun out. Just like he has predicted (in his mind), Kihyun is out to see Lacie.

 

Changkyun was in the kitchen when he saw Hyungwon dash out of the dorm to follow Kihyun. He then remembers hearing their conversation last night.

 

"I don't think it's a good idea to be in a relationship now. And to be honest I don't really trust that girl," Kihyun said with soft tone voice not wanting anyone to hear his conversation with Hyungwon.

"I know how you feel hyung. But how should we tell Hoseok hyung about this? He really loves that girl."

"No we don't have to tell anything to Hoseok hyung. We just need to convince that girl this relationship is going nowhere!" Kihyun said with stern voice.

 

Changkyun admit that he too thinks that way at some point. But he decided not to let himself into this matter. Because he too are having problem fitting in the group for now. But then after meeting her this afternoon, Changkyun feels like she is meant to be with Hoseok. Plus Changkyun likes her too. Her personality that accepts people without judging them. Befriend them unconditionally. She's so warm and kind, not to mention very beautiful too.

 

So Changkyun makes an excuse to their leader hyung and go outside for a 'night walk'. He follows Hyungwon and Kihyun from far. He already knows where they are going. To see Lacie!

=======////========

 

Lacie looks at the two guys with confused eyes. She just finish her shift for the night and when she walk out from the bakery she saw Hyungwon and Kihyun waiting for her.

"We need to talk," Kihyun said with a serious look on his face.

Lacie nods and they walk to a nearby family restaurant. They walked in and find a secluded seating. Lacie is so nervous right now. It's already weird that Hoseok's group members wanted to have a talk with her when she barely knows them. They just met this afternoon so yeah.

 

"Do you like Hoseok hyung?" Kihyun wasted no time asking her.

"Eh? Ermm of course I like him, he's my friend after all."

"I don't mean that kind of like. What I mean is do you have serious feelings toward him? Like did you fell in love with him?"

Lacie's eyes widened at the question. Her face is beet red. She was stunned. How should she answer that question?

Kihyun sees her expression. He looks at Hyungwon and sigh before saying words that hurts Lacie in a very unexplainable way.

 

"So you did fell in love with him. You know I can't stop your feelings or anything but please don't be selfish and think about it. Hoseok hyung...no we are barely starting our career now. We can't afford to be in any scandal or rumors. I personally think that this relationship of you and Hoseok hyung will not go anywhere to be honest. Even though he is head over heels for you, please consider our future."

 

Lacie is confused. What does he meant Hoseok is head over heels for her. The one who's falling in love is her right now. So how is it that she is selfish now? She didn't even told her feelings yet towards Hoseok.

 

"I have never told him about my feelings or anything. I didn't mean to be selfish though. I'm sorry that I had feelings for him," she said slowly almost choking back her tears.

 

"Lacie...sorry Kihyun didn't mean it that way. We were just worried and I kinda agree with what he said just now," Hyungwon said to her when they are walking out of the restaurant. Kihyun is already at the end of the street as he turn back and ask Hyungwon to hurry up.

 

Lacie walks slowly. Each step feels so heavy.  She never thought about how will it work if she and Hoseok get into a relationship. She didn't thought about it all before she decided that she wants to confess her feelings. Because she never thought about what answer Hoseok will give to her. Or maybe she thought that Hoseok will reject her that's why those consequences never played in her mind. Now that Kihyun and Hyungwon word it out to her she started to doubt her decision. They are right. She should not be so selfish and ruin Hoseok and his group member's future. Confessing to him is going to be the biggest regret. I can't do that. Her mind is messed up and she almost fell over shocked at someone's hand grabbing her arm. She turns herself and sees a young guy.

 

"Lacie shi you know me right?" the guy asked her silently.

 

Lacie tries hard to remember this guy. He seems familiar. Then it hits her. He is Hoseok's group member. The silent one. She remember them calling him matured maknae or something.

 

"Errmm Changkyun? You are Changkyun right?" she asked.

 

He nods while offering her a warm smile.

 

"What are you doing here? Did you come looking for Kihyun and Hyungwon? If so they already left..."

 

"Yes and No."

 

"What do you mean by Yes and No?"

 

"Yes I did come here and no I'm not looking for them. I actually follow them here..."

 

"Owh...and why didn't you follow them back?"

 

"I wanted to talk to you Lacie shi."

 

"About?"

 

"You are free to fell in love with anyone. And you are not selfish for doing so."

 

Lacie looks at Changkyun. Tears rolls on her cheeks suddenly.

 

"You were at the restaurant?"

 

Changkyun give a small nod.

 

"I'm sorry to eavesdrop your conversation. But I needed to be there to know what's going on and I want to tell you that it's not your fault. Hoseok hyung is in love with you too. So if falling in love makes you selfish than both of you are to blame. I don't like the fact that they are putting the blame on you alone," he said in an almost angry tone.

 

Lacie just stares at him blankly trying to process words that are coming from his mouth. After a while she then looks at him and said, "Thanks Changkyun. Thank you so much. I really need to hear that."

=========////============