Until The Sunset [Michaeng]

ONcE - Shots ||| TWICE One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is inspired by the game "Life Is Strange"

------------------------------------------------------------

*beep*

Mina got startled and woke up to her phone's vibration. She rubbed her eyes to clear her vision then unlocked her phone.

From Cub <3:

'Hey, you up? I'm waiting outside the dormitory gates'

"Ah, ", the Penguin softly scolded herself. She forgot that they were supposed to be on a 'mission'. She hurriedly fixed her messy desk then herself. After the scary incident that happened yesterday, she can hardly recall anything.

FLASHBACK

Mina had to go to the women's restroom to freshen up after Ms. Park's class. She washed her face and stared at herself at the mirror for a silent minute. She then took a photograph from her small bag that was supposed to be her entry for the "Sixteen Photography Contest". 

Ms. Park's words repeated in her head. "Relax, stop pressuring yourself. You have... a gift."

"...ah, it", her hopes and wishes dissolved as the now ripped photo fall on the dirty floor.

Suddenly, a blue butterfly went inside the room through a broken air vent. Mina followed the creature to the corner; where no one can see her. As the butterfly settled down, Mina immediately took out her polaroid camera. "Sorry girl, I know you don't get a photo op like this everyday.", light flashes.

The door was loudly opened by someone...

Someone that is definitely not a girl.

"It's okay, Hoseok. Don't stress, yo-you're okay, bro. Just count to three", Mina, who is hiding behind a stall, then noticed who it was. Jung Hoseok. The son of the school's founder. Some rumors spread around that he is a drug addict. Seeing it now, he definitely looks like he is.

The door opened again to a familiar voice, very familar voice but Mina can't seem to recognize her. The girl checks each bathroom stall to make sure no one is listening to the heated conversation between her and Hoseok. Mina carefully listens to their conversation whilst staying hidden. 

"I can tell everyone that Jung Hoseok is a punk who begs like a little girl and talks to himse-"

"You don't know who the I am, or who you're messing around with!"

"Where'd you get that? C'mon, put that thing down!"

Mina assumes that that 'thing' was a dangerous weapon, after hearing a thud against the wall. She spotted a fire alarm beside her and quickly pulled the lever. 

"DON'T EVER TOUCH ME AGAIN, FREAK!" The girl pushed the dangerous student down onto the floor. "Another ty day..." Hoseok got up and kept his gun.

"what the was that?!" Mina whispered to herself.

END OF FLASHBACK

Mina stood in front of the dormitory gates, looking left and right finding the playful Cub. "BOOYAH", a wild Chaeyoung scared the Penguin.

"Keep it down! Will you?", Mina softly scolded the younger girl. "You know me as a wild tiger right? Why won't you let me be?" Chaeyoung said with a hint of aegyo that melted Mina's sensitive heart. She shook her head with a small chuckle. Both proceeded to continuing their mission.

From breaking into the principal's office to scanning former students' documents, no trouble has disturbed them. Their trust for each other has been chained since they were 13, young, and happy kids. Having fun as pirates, taking photographs and walking to the lighthouse and enjoying the sunsets dissapeared when Chaeyoung's dad died in a car crash. Mina is Chae's only hope to enjoy her life until her death. MOVING ON.

They finally finished researching on what they need to know. But before they could back to their home, Chaeyoung got an idea. "Wanna splash in the pool?", she said with a cheeky smirk on her face. "Now? in Big Hit University?", Mina replied. But Chae, being the wild cub she is, didn't even think before making a second decision. "More like a Big Hit-in-the-", she laughed at her own joke and walked towards the entrance of the pool's building. "I still don't get why you and Jeongyeon admire each other." Mina rolled her eyes and followed Chaeyoung as her answer for her first question.

Mina found Chaeyoung already half- and ready to go in the pool. Chae looked at Mina and twitched her head towards the pool; giving Mina signals to turn on the pool's lights. Mina obeyed the younger then proceeded to take her clothes off. Both simultaenously jumped in the pool and swam up with joyful smiles in their faces.

"Damn, it feels like ages since I got real fun.", Chae voiced softly with a hint of sadness. Mina playfully splashed water to her face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter