Bad Ideas [2yeon]

ONcE - Shots ||| TWICE One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person POV

"You like her, don't you?"

Mina asks Jeongyeon who's been staring at Nayeon from a distance.

"Mina... Nayeonnie and I have been dating since our junior years. And you're here questioning whether I like her or not?" 
 

In the prestigious JYP High School, Yoo Jeongyeon and Im Nayeon are the most popular couple. They're not the types who would secretly date, they'd rather be proud of who they're dating and openly brag about it. Their relationship has its own reputation in the school, even among the school's faculty. Plus, they're both seniors which means many people look up to them. The two just don't have any plans of separating from each other.
 

It's currently break time. The cafeteria and the hallways are busy. Jeongyeon, Mina, and Tzuyu are sitting together in one table, waiting for the rest of their squad.

Nayeon is currently getting food from a nearby vending machine.

Jihyo, the student council's president, is probably in her office.

Dahyun and Chaeyoung are probably still in class, trying to solve that one trigonometry problem.

Momo's probably in the girls' washroom. 

And Sana just recently arrived, looking like she's in a hurry.

"You're early today," Mina points out as Sana sits down between the ballerina and the youngest. "You're usually the last one to arrive."

"Something good probably happened. Right, unnie?" Tzuyu assumes. 

"Well, nothing good happened. I'm just here to remind our deeply in love Jeongyeon-ssi." Sana replies, looking at Jeongyeon intensely, who finally gets her eyes off her girlfriend.

"Hm?" Jeong hums curiously when Sana called her formally. "What's with me?" 

"Don't you feel like... anything is bothering you this week?"

"No? Why would there be anything bothering me?"

Sana sighs, head down, and whispering to Mina, "She forgot already."

"What did she forget, unnie?" Tzuyu overhears the whisper. "It's June. And what did Jeong-unnie and Nayeonnie do last year's June?" Sana hints.

"OH !" Jeongyeon stands up and shouts in realization. Luckily, the people's voices in the cafeteria overlaps her voice, just a little bit. It can still be heard though.

"Unnie... we can hear you from across the cafeteria. Just keep your cool with whatever... you just cursed at," Chaeyoung says and tugs on Jeongyeon's uniform from behind. She arrives with Dahyun, who immediately sits down beside Tzuyu and takes a rest from their trigonometry exam. Chae, on the other hand, sits between Mina and Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon sighs in disbelief. She can't believe that she just forgot about her anniversary with Nayeon. "It's our anniversary this coming Friday! What do I do? I haven't planned anything."

"We're here to help you, unnie! We want the best for Nayeonnie too," Sana says in a motivating tone while the rest of the group nods in agreement. "Well, do you wanna start now?"

"I was planning on-" Jeongyeon was cut off with an angry Im Nayeon who sits beside her girlfriend.

"That vending machine doesn't work for ." 

"Aw, baby. You can have my bag of chips if you want." Jeongyeon sweetly says, offering her snack and wrapping her arm around her girlfriend to calm her down. "Thanks, Jeongie~" The latter replies, snuggling her head in Jeongyeon's neck and then giving a light kiss on her cheek.

The rest groans and ignores the lovely couple by looking down and finally eating their snacks. Their circle was quiet for at least 5 seconds until Momo happily and coolly walks to them and says,

"WHAT. IS. UP. SQUAD." And does the rock n' roll hand sign. "IT'S 4 DAYS BEFORE FRIDAY AND Y'ALL KNOW WHAT'S ON FRI-" She's interrupted by a serious Park Jihyo who pats the older on the shoulder.

"It means you should sit your hyped down, Hirai," The president says to which the latter responds by sitting down beside Dahyun. 

"You okay, Hyo?" Jeongyeon worries. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just... stuff," Jihyo sighs from all the student council work and takes a sit between Jeongyeon and Momo.

"Hmmm, babe?" Nayeon says out of nowhere.

"Yeah?"

"Are you free this Friday?" Nayeon hints, trying to make it obvious that she's expecting her girlfriend to be busy for a surprise.

"Uh..." Jeongyeon looks at the rest of the group, who all intensely looks back at her. They all know, except Nayeon, that Jeongyeon has not been busy planning for their anniversary. "Yeah, I've been very busy. You won't believe what I have for you," She smiles and scrunches her nose at her girlfriend.

Nayeon giggles and gives a smug look at the rest of the group. The rest sighed and continues eating their snacks.

"Ahem, ahem, so how about you, Chewy? What's your plan for this Friday?" Sana dreamily looks at Tzuyu, trying to divert the topic into something else instead of the anniversary to lift the pressure off Jeong.

"Ah, she's flirting again," Dahyun groans which sends the rest of the circle to laugh a little bit.
 

-~-


It's dismissal time now. The sunset casts beautiful shadows on the campus as most of the students are already exiting the gates. 

The squad meets up for the last time before they bid their goodbyes together. Momo, Sana, and Mina's private Uber has arrived and they waved goodbye again before going in the van. Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu just found a free taxicab and then waved goodbye again before hopping in the cab.

Nayeon's house is just a few blocks away from the campus, so the remaining people who are Jeongyeon and Jihyo, walk her home. Once they reached Nayeon's house, the couple gives each other a little peck on the lips before the older steps inside her home. Nayeon's parents does the usual "thank you" to the two for bringing their daughter home. 

Now, it's just Jeongyeon and Jihyo on the street. They both live together in Jihyo's house since Jeongyeon's parents are working abroad. Her house is on the same street as Nayeon's which is just another 4 blocks away. So they walk another few meters again.

"What are you planning?" Jihyo brings up a topic. Jeongyeon sighs, knowing that she hasn't planned anything yet. 

"Nothing yet?" The shorter one guesses correctly and the latter hums to agree. 

"How about flowers? Noth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter