Guilt

After Forever

    Seulgi awoke the next morning with a splitting headache, a dry mouth, and little recollection of the previous night. She was surprised to find that she was in her own room. She smelled the familiar aroma of eggs and ham mixed with coffee wafting through the apartment, along with the faint sound of someone singing along to the radio. Was it Joohyun? What was she doing up? Hadn’t she worked the night shift?

    Seulgi reached over to the nightstand, attempting to grab her phone, but found it wasn’t there.

    “.” she muttered, trying to remember where she’d put it.

In the meantime, she opened the water bottle that was conveniently placed where her phone would have been, and thirstily finished half of it in a matter of seconds. She then sank back onto her pillows, lying there in a daze until she heard the sound of the door opening.

She turned to see Joohyun, wearing an oversized pink T-shirt that stopped just above her knees, hair done up in a ponytail, carrying a large breakfast tray.

“Good morning, sleepyhead,” the older girl said, walking over and giving Seulgi a kiss on the forehead before setting the tray down.

“Morning. What happened last night?”

“You tell me,” Joohyun smiled and pushed some stray strands of hair away from Seulgi’s face, “I came home to you passed out on the couch.”

Seulgi furrowed her brow, trying desperately to remember the night’s events through her hungover fog. She recalled arriving at the club with her friends, dancing for a bit, having a margarita at the bar, and then…

“Oh, I almost forgot!” Joohyun said, reaching into her pocket, “Here. Take these. For the headache.”

Seulgi hastily took the two Advil and chased them with a mouthful of water.

“I couldn’t find your phone when I was undressing you this morning… you might have lost it in the club. Do you want me to call Jennie or Chaeyoung and see if they have it?”

Her phone… no, Seulgi had had her phone on her when she left the club. But she hadn’t gone straight home from there. She’d been with someone. Someone else. Not one of her friends. And then, she remembered.

“ing …”

“What’s wrong?” Joohyun asked, “Do you know where your phone is?”

“Uhh… yeah. I think I left it on the bar in the club. Hopefully Jennie or Chaeyoung picked it up. I doubt Lisa or Jisoo did. They were a bit… occupied.”

The blonde frowned in disapproval.

“We can call them in a little bit. First, I want you to eat. You’re probably starving after last night.”

Seulgi obeyed, scarfing down Joohyun’s wonderful cooking while trying to avoid the gnawing feeling of unease that was attacking her stomach. This feeling had nothing to do with her hangover, and everything to do with how deplorable of a person she was. Here she sat, being attended to by one of the most amazing girlfriends in the world, when only hours prior she had been drunkenly kissing a stranger.

When Seulgi finished eating, Joohyun cleaned up after her. Seulgi tried to do it herself, but the older girl wouldn’t allow it, stating that she was in a much better condition to be doing housework than her hungover Seulbear. Seulgi began to wonder vaguely if Joohyun was aware of her escapades last night and was simply trying to make her feel worse, but she ended up shrugging off the notion. Joohyun wasn’t cruel like that.

“So, I was thinking that today we could spend some time together. I managed to find a cover for tonight,” Joohyun said when she returned, “I don’t know if you got my text last night, but I’m really sorry for that argument yesterday. I overreacted.”

“No, no, Joohyun, I was the one who was wrong,” Seulgi confessed, avoiding eye contact with her partner, “I said some really bad things that I didn’t mean at all. I wish I could take them back. I can’t believe I hurt your feelings like that…”

“It’s okay, babe. I know you didn’t mean it. I should have just accepted you going out with your friends. I need to trust you more.”

Seulgi looked down at her hands, realizing that her eyes were rapidly filling with tears. She sniffled, causing Joohyun to lean in to see what was wrong. The younger girl threw her arms around her girlfriend and buried her face in the crook of Joohyun’s neck, the tears coming fast now as she fully succumbed to the guilt that was plaguing her soul.

“I love you, Joohyun, I love you so much, I’m so sorry for upsetting you,” Seulgi sobbed, “I’ll never do anything like that ever again, I promise.”

Joohyun hugged her back, rocking the blubbering younger girl back and forth, running her fingers through Seulgi’s hair and whispering words of comfort and reassurance.

“Aw, Seulbear…”

Seulgi knew she didn’t deserve any of it.

-----------------------

I actually regret how good of a person I made Irene in this... it makes me genuinely feel bad for her /: also, since you guys voted pretty heavily for me to write in here, that's gonna be a thing. Soon (:

Thanks for reading<3