Junkie

After Forever

Upon awakening, the first thing Yerim noticed was that she was not in her room. The bed felt different, the ceiling was a slightly different shade of white, and there was someone next to her. She felt her heart beginning to race for a moment before remembering the events of the previous night. She turned over to find the form of Sooyoung Park facing her, tucked up to her chest in blanket, breaths coming slow and light as she snoozed away.

    Yerim lay there quietly, taking in the her lover’s sheer beauty. Her delicate facial features were framed in an abstractly perfect way by her hair; even the frizzy, split-ended strands that popped up here and there looked as if they belonged, as if the young doctor was posing for a photoshoot. The nurse couldn’t help but reached out her hand to run the tips of her fingers lightly down Sooyoung’s soft cheek, as if to make sure that what she was seeing was indeed real, and not some sort of vivid illusion.

    Unfortunately, even Yerim’s lightest touch was enough to wake the snoozing Sooyoung, and her eyelids fluttered open, those deep hazel eyes locking with Yerim’s and causing her heart to begin racing once more.

    “Yerim,” Sooyoung whispered loftily.

    Before the younger girl could respond, the doctor reached out and pulled Yerim into a tight embrace, pressing their bodies together under the blankets. Yerim pressed her lips to the base of Sooyoung’s throat.

    “Morning,” she replied.

    “Hardly. It’s probably closer to three or four in the afternoon right now.”

    “Oh, right…”

    Yerim fell silent then, reviewing the events of the previous night in her mind. After the whole fiasco in the bathroom, they’d both finished up their shifts as usual. Yerim was busy giving report to the nurse who was relieving her, so she’d stayed until seven thirty. To her surprise, Sooyoung was waiting for her outside at the main entrance of the hospital, her shiny Mercedes sloppily parked in the fire lane. When the older girl had seen Yerim coming out of the automatic doors, she’d immediately beckoned to her, throwing the car into drive and pulling up further. The nurse had gotten in without a word, not bothering to question Sooyoung’s sudden openness regarding their familiarity with one another.

    “You’re staying at my place today,” Sooyoung stated, and the way she spoke made it seem more like an order than a question, “I have an extra toothbrush and anything you’ll need.”

    Yerim had agreed readily. It’s not like she had any plans for the following day.

    Sooyoung picked up food on the way, and they’d eaten in the doctor’s kitchen. Yerim could sense that Sooyoung wasn’t in the mood for talking, so she mainly stuck to enjoying her food. The older girl finished before her, excusing herself to go to the bathroom and returning just as Yerim finished her glass of water.

    It was only took about ten seconds. And then they were all over each other.

    As usual, Sooyoung allowed Yerim to do whatever she wanted to her, obeying her commands without question, the younger girl practically dominating her in every way as they made love. They were messy, passionate, and loud. At first they were on the kitchen floor, then the living room couch, then the bed. There was an underlying hunger in everything Sooyoung did, and Yerim could feel it. She could feel the pure need emanating from the doctor, and it only served to fuel her own need. Sooyoung was no longer simply a rebound from Sae-ron. No. It was much more than that. Yerim wondered to herself how she’d gone so long without this. Without this hot, unbridled emotion that overcame her, that filled every space in her body, that rebounded throughout her soul like a speeding bullet of lust. She was in heaven, and she could tell Sooyoung was as well.

    When they were finished, they’d collapsed, and sweaty, onto Sooyoung’s bed. Yerim remembered drifting off to sleep, tucked in Sooyoung’s arms...

    “I’m sorry, Yerim.” Sooyoung said suddenly, breaking the younger girl out of her reminiscence.

    “Sorry?” Yerim asked, looking up in confusion, finding that Sooyoung was avoiding her gaze, “For what?”

    “For last night at the hospital. I don’t know what came over me. I didn’t mean to act the way I did.”

    Yerim could feel a deep sorrow tugging at her heart as she realized that Sooyoung’s eyes were glistening with tears.

    “No, Sooyoung,” Yerim said, reaching up to wipe away the moisture that had began to leak out from beneath the doctor’s eyelids, “It’s okay, everyone gets jealous sometimes. It’s fine.”

    “But how many people get jealous and then react by running to the bathroom to get high?”

    To this, Yerim had no response.

    “I’ve been doing this for two-years now, Yerim. Two ing years. Anytime something goes wrong, or I think something is going wrong, I turn to . I don’t have anything else. My family doesn’t speak to me, I don’t have any friends… is the only thing that hasn’t left me,” Sooyoung’s words came loud and harsh now, occasionally obstructed by a series of deep, hiccupping sobs, “I don’t want to be like this anymore… I don’t want to be alone anymore…”

    Yerim embraced the crying doctor, pressing Sooyoung’s face to her own chest now, running her fingers through her hair and offering her soft kisses on the top of her head.

    “You’re not alone,” Yerim murmured, “You have me. And I’m not leaving you. I’m gonna help you fight this, okay? You can beat this.”

    “I can’t,” Sooyoung was no longer yelling, but her tone conveyed a sense of melancholy defeat that caused Yerim to hold her tighter, “I can’t do it. Even now, I can feel the need, Yerim. I can feel the withdrawals coming on. I’ve tried to quit before. I can’t do it.”

    “That’s because you’ve never had anyone to support you, right? This time is different though. I’m here. And I won’t let you fail. As long as you promise you’ll try your best.”

    “I promise. I really do. I want to stop this, Yerim. I’m so scared…”

    “Don’t be scared. We can get through this together. It’s gonna be alright.”

    Sooyoung fell back into sobbing again, and Yerim resumed comforting her. The nurse was appalled at the level of unrestricted vulnerability that Sooyoung was showing. Yerim almost refused to believe that this was the same doctor who had, a mere two weeks ago, been a figure that inspired both fear and anxiety in her. There were so many levels to Sooyoung’s personality that it was nearly unquantifiable. And Yerim wanted to explore every facet of the young doctor’s character. She wanted to heal her, make her better, make her whole again. Sooyoung had done the same, offering her solace at a time when she’d felt alone as well. Sooyoung was a good person, no matter what she thought of herself. Yerim swore that as long as she was in the picture, Park Sooyoung would never be alone again.

---------

Finals are over, and I'm free from school for awhile (: SO I decided to update this fic since it was the one I'd updated least recently (since August, sheesh!) Hope you enjoy this one, it's more of a fluff chapter than anything else because I was in a fluffy mood.

Thanks for reading<3